Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Update...odds have moved to +165 for Paul Daley.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Semtex is a really nice pick. Diaz has to lose sometime.

Boddhissatva

Update....Paul Daley now at +170.

Boddhissatva

Update...Paul Daley is +180

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Surely your not taking Daley straight up. You gotta take him by KO if at all. (He wont win)

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Daley's line is going up for a good reason. People are seeing some value in Diaz at the current rate. I thought -195 was very fair.

I agree, if you go w/ Paul... gotta go w/ KO or ITD prop.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not a big thing to consider but Semtex has just split up with his girlfriend!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

probably sicken tired of being slapped around

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

This should be an entertaining fight both styles are fun to watch but I see Diaz coming away with it!

Boddhissatva

Wow...odds are at +185 now...

They usually offer prop bets right before the fight...I'm going to pick Daley to win within the distance.

I'm going to make a lot of money off this Nick Diaz hype.

Boddhissatva

update...odds dropped at my book to +175...

I've been over thinking this play...

Paul Daley is the Pick.

omalley21

I remember thinking to myself a few years ago that Daley would be a terrible matchup for Diaz. I just rewatched Masvidal vs Daley. Masvidal fought really well, showed great boxing, footwork and head movement. He fought really smart, never staying in front of Daley. Idk how good Masvidal's wrestling background is but he was able to get a few takedowns but not keep him down.

Daley couldnt land any big punches on the feet but he did show some good leg kicks which will be useful against Diaz. Daley did his best work from top position at the end against Masvidal, that obviously wont happen vs diaz but it secured the decision for him.

Diaz is better than Masvidal but I dont know if he will fight as smart. Call me crazy but I think this fights going the distance and I could see Daley winning the first 3 rounds too. Should be a great fight. Im gonna put a small bet on Daley by decision, he just fought 6 weeks ago so he should be in shape.

Boddhissatva

Omalley, here is what I think...

Diaz is the better fighter with a more equipped arsenal in the world of MMA...however he doesn't utilize all of his weapons...especially when it best suits him..

This will be his undoing in this fight. He's going to stand with Daley and get rocked if not KO'd.

I have Daley straight up and will put some money on him to win within the distance as well.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I remember thinking to myself a few years ago that Daley would be a terrible matchup for Diaz. I just rewatched Masvidal vs Daley. Masvidal fought really well, showed great boxing, footwork and head movement. He fought really smart, never staying in front of Daley. Idk how good Masvidal's wrestling background is but he was able to get a few takedowns but not keep him down.

Daley couldnt land any big punches on the feet but he did show some good leg kicks which will be useful against Diaz. Daley did his best work from top position at the end against Masvidal, that obviously wont happen vs diaz but it secured the decision for him.

Diaz is better than Masvidal but I dont know if he will fight as smart. Call me crazy but I think this fights going the distance and I could see Daley winning the first 3 rounds too. Should be a great fight. Im gonna put a small bet on Daley by decision, he just fought 6 weeks ago so he should be in shape.
    Masvidal is a decent wrestler, but he's also a natural 155'er. I think Diaz can drag Daley to the mat if he wants to.

As for Masvidal's fight with Daley: Masvidal could have won but blew it with a horrible game plan. He had success taking Daley down early on, and all three judges had the fight 19-19 going into the final round. In spite of this, Masvidal - for some strange reason - decided not to take Daley down in the third. He showed in the first ten minutes that he had the necessary skills to beat Daley; it was simply his strategy in the final round which cost him by far the biggest win of his career.
    Last edited by Ladle; 03-28-11 at 04:04 PM.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I can see how you could back Daley at these odds, but personally I would still take Diaz. Diaz IS the superior technical striker, and we all know Diaz has the superior ground game, so what does Daley have a chance with? Where he is a chance is if they trade punches and he lands a big bomb OR if he gets a massive cut and the fight is stopped by the doctor because he has been known to bleed heavily...but remember this, Diaz has NEVER been knocked out. Last time he lost via tko was a doctor stoppage in his fight vs KJ Noons and that was over three years ago. I dont see Daley doing either in this fight...I see a rather one sided affair ending with a Diaz sub late in the third round.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post
    Wow...odds are at +185 now...

They usually offer prop bets right before the fight...I'm going to pick Daley to win within the distance.

I'm going to make a lot of money off this Nick Diaz hype.
    Why would you pick Daley to win distance? Only way he wins is if he blasts diaz with a left. Fukkin diaz does tri-atholons and shit. This is 5 rounds. Diaz has the advantage there. If anybody gasses, it prolly won be diaz. IMO.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Daley will test diaz's chin, if diaz can handle the power than his work rate will wear down daley.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Finally Diaz is going to face a top 15 welterweight. Not a 155er like Noons, or weak 185ers like Shamrock or Scott Smith. Even though some of those fights were entertaining I'm interested to see how Diaz does against a top welterweight, don't think he's fought one since Sherk in 2006.

youngbutgood
    youngbutgood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    I can see how you could back Daley at these odds, but personally I would still take Diaz. Diaz IS the superior technical striker, and we all know Diaz has the superior ground game, so what does Daley have a chance with? Where he is a chance is if they trade punches and he lands a big bomb OR if he gets a massive cut and the fight is stopped by the doctor because he has been known to bleed heavily...but remember this, Diaz has NEVER been knocked out. Last time he lost via tko was a doctor stoppage in his fight vs KJ Noons and that was over three years ago. I dont see Daley doing either in this fight...I see a rather one sided affair ending with a Diaz sub late in the third round.
    Lol at Diaz being the superior technical striker. Have you seen his striking defense, he blocks punches with his chin. He will have a reach advantage though and could easily wear out Daley or overwhelm him in the later rounds. If I was gona bet Daley, I would bet Daley to win by knockout. Anyone know the odds for this play? Which book and what is the max?

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

^^ Striking offense can take you far in MMA. Just look at JDS, he has glaring holes in his striking defense but is largely regarded as one of the best strikers in his division.
    Last edited by bogbat; 03-29-11 at 03:36 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbutgood View Post
    Lol at Diaz being the superior technical striker. Have you seen his striking defense, he blocks punches with his chin. He will have a reach advantage though and could easily wear out Daley or overwhelm him in the later rounds. If I was gona bet Daley, I would bet Daley to win by knockout. Anyone know the odds for this play? Which book and what is the max?
    Props not out yet and probly wont be till the Wednesday or Thursday of the fight with $100 max.

youngbutgood

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    ^^ Striking offense can take you far in MMA. Just look at JDS, he has glaring holes in his striking defense but is largely regarded as one of the best strikings in his division.
    Yes but JDS hasn't fought any really good strikers. Mirko was a great striker but hasn't been the same since Gonzaga. If JDS fought Allistar Overeem, then we could judge his striking against the best in the division. Daley isn't Overeem but he hits as hard and as accurate as anyone in WW division.

Boddhissatva

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Why would you pick Daley to win distance? Only way he wins is if he blasts diaz with a left. Fukkin diaz does tri-atholons and shit. This is 5 rounds. Diaz has the advantage there. If anybody gasses, it prolly won be diaz. IMO.
    Ooops...type...I meant "within" distance

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Daley By TKO/KO.
    Diaz By Sub

5 Rounds is a long fight, and I don't think Daley will have the gas tank to make it there if he does not get the KO/TKO early.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by youngbutgood View Post

why would you LOL at that? I didnt talk about his defense, I talked about his offense...hence "striker". He is better than Daley at striking.

omalley21

Striking defense is a big part of striking and Diaz is pretty bad at it.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

diaz for the win

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

is it this weekend or im i trippn?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bellator and Strikeforce Challengers is this wknd.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    why would you LOL at that? I didnt talk about his defense, I talked about his offense...hence "striker". He is better than Daley at striking.
    I dunno if I would call Diaz a better "technical" striker. Diaz is an un-orthdox striker, which to me is the opposite of technical.

youngbutgood

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    Daley By TKO/KO.
    Diaz By Sub

5 Rounds is a long fight, and I don't think Daley will have the gas tank to make it there if he does not get the KO/TKO early.
    Looks good, even if Daley gets tired I don't see Diaz stopping him via TKO/KO. I think the these are the two most probable outcomes because I don't see a decision.

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

I wish there was a prop for nick Diaz getting cut!lol. guaranteed his face is swoll and cut up win or lose....

LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

imo Daley won't win. Think about it: how often does a one-dimensional challenger beat an established well-rounded champion? Not very often, right?

Daley only has one way to win. By standing KO. Daley will not finish Nick on the ground. Even if Daley knocks Nick down, so what? He cannot follow him there to finish or he will get wrapped up, swept, and subbed in 30 seconds. Nick recovers better than almost any other fighter. He is 27, competes in triathlons, has a granite chin. Best cardio in the game, and Daley has missed weight in 5 of his last 11 fights. How will he look in the later rounds? Who the hell knows? I know how Nick will perform in the later rounds, though.

Plz watch Daley/Masvidal and explain to me why you think Nick is a easier opponent for Daley than Masvidal?

Daley has only fought 3 top 10 fighters in his whole career. And he is 1-2 against them. How many times did Daley hit Kampmann? And he never even dropped once, did he? But Daley will clean KO Nick when no one else has been able to ever do that? Yeah, sure, very likely.....So, I don't care about how many KO's Daley has......the quality of opponents is everything in this sport.

And then consider how Daley moves, and what weapons he brings. He can't kick becasue he will risk being taken down. He can't out-wrestle Nick. He can't submit Nick.

I would need +350 to bet Daley.

Just imo.

omalley21

Quote Originally Posted by LayingThe$Down View Post
    imo Daley won't win. Think about it: how often does a one-dimensional challenger beat an established well-rounded champion? Not very often, right?

Daley only has one way to win. By standing KO. Daley will not finish Nick on the ground. Even if Daley knocks Nick down, so what? He cannot follow him there to finish or he will get wrapped up, swept, and subbed in 30 seconds. Nick recovers better than almost any other fighter. He is 27, competes in triathlons, has a granite chin. Best cardio in the game, and Daley has missed weight in 5 of his last 11 fights. How will he look in the later rounds? Who the hell knows? I know how Nick will perform in the later rounds, though.

Plz watch Daley/Masvidal and explain to me why you think Nick is a easier opponent for Daley than Masvidal?

Daley has only fought 3 top 10 fighters in his whole career. And he is 1-2 against them. How many times did Daley hit Kampmann? And he never even dropped once, did he? But Daley will clean KO Nick when no one else has been able to ever do that? Yeah, sure, very likely.....So, I don't care about how many KO's Daley has......the quality of opponents is everything in this sport.

And then consider how Daley moves, and what weapons he brings. He can't kick becasue he will risk being taken down. He can't out-wrestle Nick. He can't submit Nick.

I would need +350 to bet Daley.

Just imo.
    We know Nick is better, but will he use his well rounded skill set?. Masvidal didnt stand still in front of Daley, he was constantly moving away. Nick probably wont do that. Cyborg was killing diaz with leg kicks. Diaz didnt check 1 leg kick or catch 1 an take him down. I hear you, but theres some holes in your argument.

Ive flip flopped numerous times on this fight, but Im betting Daley by decision. Diaz wont get cut or finished.

First 123 Last