Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Jones vs. Evans...... CAP IT

How big of a favorite is Jones going to be in this fight and how do you guys see the fight playing out?

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I got Jones at about -250 opening line, I think Jones wins this by brutal KO ala Machida style.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

-400/-500

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

At least -300

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ye -300

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

-300 and I see good value in Rashad. He's quicker then anyone Jones has faced and has some explosive takedowns of his own. If jones is ever going to lose a fight its going to be off his back with a strong wrestler on top of him.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    -300 and I see good value in Rashad. He's quicker then anyone Jones has faced and has some explosive takedowns of his own. If jones is ever going to lose a fight its going to be off his back with a strong wrestler on top of him.
    I wouldn't really call Rashad a strong wrestler... I'd call Bader a strong wrestler and we saw what happened with him.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bader is inexperienced and id say Rashad is a better wrestler anyway. The mans quads say it all.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Bones at -300 would be a gift imo. I hope he opens there.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    Bader is inexperienced and id say Rashad is a better wrestler anyway. The mans quads say it all.
    I'd say in terms of wrestling Rashad might have a slight slight edge on Bader.. but Rashad has never been known to have good top control or keep guys down. And by the off chance that Rashad does get Jones down I see him getting right back up.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Bones at -300 would be a gift imo. I hope he opens there.
    Agreed. My guess is we see an Anderson Silva type of line. -600/+475.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post

I think your right on.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

I've hit Jones every fight since his UFC debut....and I don't think I'll stop now. Amazing to see a guy just climb the ladder this fast and take a dump on the Champ.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Yep. Rashad's got nothing for him.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    You're right he doesn't if Jones fights, but at +475 it might be worth a shot. Don't forget Jones and Evans are close friends and even said they would never fight. They both might hold back a little and Evans might steal this one.

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Bookmaker. Jon Jones -525. Rashad Evans +375.

rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Too long for Rashad. Clearly Rashad can't compete unless he catches him with a "lottery punch/kick" on the feet. Jones has been unbelievable against pretty damn good wrestlers in Bader and Hamil. So Rashad is dominated in stand-up and has a very tough time taking him down. Jones -500 sounds about right.

xelance

yep...-525 wow. Im not placing any bets on this crap.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Dang jon jones will never have any value. Sucks cause i can see him ruling the lhw division for a long time. At least 5 defenses.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16826

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    He's got more for him then Shogun.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Bones opens at -525. Too much for me.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow jones is a msssssssive favorite, nothing to be made here

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Someone will eventually drop weight from the heavyweights and come kick Jones' ass. He is dominating because he's weighing 225 on fight night. He shouldn't be a LHW in my opinion.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Someone will eventually drop weight from the heavyweights and come kick Jones' ass. He is dominating because he's weighing 225 on fight night. He shouldn't be a LHW in my opinion.
    Well Forrest Griffin also weighs around 225 on fight night...does tht mean he shouldnt be a LHW either?

xelance

from mmaweekly.com :

Rashad Evans will still get his title shot next, but he will have to face friend, new champion, and former teammate Jon Jones to get that gold belt back around his waist.
    The most stunning part of that statement of course is the ‘former teammate’ part.
    It appears as of now, Rashad Evans has left Team Jackson and will pursue his training elsewhere as he prepares for his showdown against Jon Jones.
    Rumors of Evans’ exit from the team surfaced a few days ago, but just about everyone around the former Michigan State wrestler denied that it was happening. Now according to UFC president Dana White, Evans has indeed left the team and will face Jon Jones with a renewed vigor.
    “From what I understand, he has left Greg Jackson’s camp. He’s no longer with Jackson’s,” White revealed to MMAWeekly.com.
    “Rashad and I have had our differences, and we’ll probably continue to have our differences, but Rashad is 100% on board to fight Jon Jones, and is actually very fired up about the opportunity.”
    Sources close to the situation have mentioned a couple of camps where Evans will train as he gets ready for his fight against Jones at an as of yet undetermined date.
    Evans has close ties with the team at the Grudge Training Center in Colorado, where he has worked extensively with coaches like Trevor Wittman, as well as fighters like Nate Marquardt, Shane Carwin and Brendan Schaub.
    The other place Evans will likely call home for some of his training will be the Renzo Gracie Academy in Manhattan. Evans has trained with the team before, and Team Jackson’s Keith Jardine just recently revealed to MMAWeekly.com that he intends to train there as well over the next few months.
    At this time, there is no determination when Evans and Jones could face one another, but the new UFC light heavyweight champion mentioned following his win on Saturday night that he owes it to his family to take some much needed time off.
    How much time that will equal out to remains to be seen, but Jones already knows now that he will be facing Rashad Evans for his first title defense, and now it’s no longer teammate vs. teammate.

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does Jones get Evans to the ground? How does he beat Evans on the feet? I just don't see it.

Insane value on the ex champ in my opinion.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    from mmaweekly.com :

Rashad Evans will still get his title shot next, but he will have to face friend, new champion, and former teammate Jon Jones to get that gold belt back around his waist.
    The most stunning part of that statement of course is the ‘former teammate’ part.
    It appears as of now, Rashad Evans has left Team Jackson and will pursue his training elsewhere as he prepares for his showdown against Jon Jones.
    Rumors of Evans’ exit from the team surfaced a few days ago, but just about everyone around the former Michigan State wrestler denied that it was happening. Now according to UFC president Dana White, Evans has indeed left the team and will face Jon Jones with a renewed vigor.
    “From what I understand, he has left Greg Jackson’s camp. He’s no longer with Jackson’s,” White revealed to MMAWeekly.com.
    “Rashad and I have had our differences, and we’ll probably continue to have our differences, but Rashad is 100% on board to fight Jon Jones, and is actually very fired up about the opportunity.”
    Sources close to the situation have mentioned a couple of camps where Evans will train as he gets ready for his fight against Jones at an as of yet undetermined date.
    Evans has close ties with the team at the Grudge Training Center in Colorado, where he has worked extensively with coaches like Trevor Wittman, as well as fighters like Nate Marquardt, Shane Carwin and Brendan Schaub.
    The other place Evans will likely call home for some of his training will be the Renzo Gracie Academy in Manhattan. Evans has trained with the team before, and Team Jackson’s Keith Jardine just recently revealed to MMAWeekly.com that he intends to train there as well over the next few months.
    At this time, there is no determination when Evans and Jones could face one another, but the new UFC light heavyweight champion mentioned following his win on Saturday night that he owes it to his family to take some much needed time off.
    How much time that will equal out to remains to be seen, but Jones already knows now that he will be facing Rashad Evans for his first title defense, and now it’s no longer teammate vs. teammate.
    Rashad has said on twitter that "Jackson isnt the same coach anymore" and that "He brought Jones in to the camp against his (Rashad's) wishes." Seems Rashad is big time jealous!

xelance

Rashad is a little bitch, cant wait to see him get his ass beat by Jones. He is definitely jealous, and rightfully so...poor Rashad isnt getting any of the limelight I dont care for him as a fighter or a person, as you can probably see.

Jordan23

Rashad is going to get beat like he stole something..................... Get it?

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Rashad is going to get beat like he stole something..................... Get it?

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

at better than +400 may have to put a small bet on evans... would rather see him get destroyed though.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
    at better than +400 may have to put a small bet on evans... would rather see him get destroyed though.
    I want to see him get destroyed too.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by MMAdisciple View Post
    How does Jones get Evans to the ground? How does he beat Evans on the feet? I just don't see it.

Insane value on the ex champ in my opinion.
    how does he beat evans on the feet? 84 inch reach

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Well Forrest Griffin also weighs around 225 on fight night...does tht mean he shouldnt be a LHW either?
    I am coming from a position of being about the same height and build as Jones is.
    I look at it like this. I am 6'4 and weigh about 240. I'm not fat, I am just a bigger guy than average. I personally wouldn't fight a guy that only weighed 205 or less, because I would feel like a bully. Now I am not a UFC fighter so obviously there is a difference there, but if I was a UFC fighter I would only be one if I was going to fight in the HW division. I know at his height he could easily get up to 250 with a solid frame if he wanted to do so. He has both the genetics and the natural size already. When I was in high school I weighed 190, and I was very skinny. I doubt Jones could lose much more weight at 205 with that frame and remain healthy enough to fight. I just think if he wants to be challenged then he should try picking on guys his own size. Forrest isn't as long or as talented as jones. If Jones wants to fight smaller guys he has the right to do so because he can make weight, but I also reserve the right to not respect it very much. Just my humble opinion on that. I have a TON of respect for guys like couture, who weighed much less than Lesnar, but still had the balls to bang with him. Again my opinion isn't worth much, I just like to see good fights, and I can't picture any LHW beating or much less even challenging Jones after watching him humiliate Shogun like that. I just feel the size advantage is unfair. At heavyweight there are guys who can counter Jones' length with enough strength and power to neutralize it. It is what it is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones keep that belt for a very long time.

MMAdisciple
    MMAdisciple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    I've hit Jones every fight since his UFC debut
    Forgetting Hamill?

12 Last