Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Got the under 9.5 +141 at pinny. I guess you didn't beat the closing line justin, whats your analysis?

I've read your book you know.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Jaug View Post
    Got the under 9.5 +141 at pinny. I guess you didn't beat the closing line justin, whats your analysis?

I've read your book you know.
    I think he said boxing was one of the few "action" sports he opted in for and the fav was too much juice. Kind of limits your betting options.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

when Tomasz Adamek gets by Kevin McBride on April 9th, he's gonna get one of the Klitschko brothers and David Haye will get the other. Top 4 raked heavyweights right now (by fightnews abd boxrec.com)

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    when Tomasz Adamek gets by Kevin McBride on April 9th, he's gonna get one of the Klitschko brothers and David Haye will get the other. Top 4 raked heavyweights right now (by fightnews abd boxrec.com)

and few people care. the heavyweights are so unwatchable now. not much real talent and as much personality as a piece of wood. this is coming from a die hard boxing fan.

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

crap. i had over 9.5. small tho

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    and few people care. the heavyweights are so unwatchable now. not much real talent and as much personality as a piece of wood. this is coming from a die hard boxing fan.
    Yeah, it was more interesting when the boxers didnt like each other and also knocked each other out. It's just not the same anymore.

UFCs golden age is over as well. It's sad.

If you wanna watch some fighting i would suggest UFC 1-8, some sick fights there.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

that was unexpected..

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33528

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    When was the last Klitschko, either brother, fight in the US?
    IIRC it was when Vitaly beat Cris Arreola a year and a half ago in LA.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Solis takes a dive at the end of the first round, faking a knee injury.
    I wouldn't rush to judgement on this. Solis was moving forward and then abruptly stopped and pulled back when Vitaly threw a right hook. After this awkward shift of momentum you can see Solis favoring his knee for a few steps after that, and when Vitaly moved forward Solis gave up and hit the deck since he was immobilized. It's totally possible that it was a good acting job and Solis quit for other reasons, but I'd at least want to see a medical report about his knee before calling Solis a criminal.

And fwiw, I don't like Solis at all.

A replay of the ending is deeplinked below. Watch Solis favor his knee at 4:39 and again at 4:41 before the "knockdown."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBgdYLIp_0#t=4m33s

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

didn t even hear there was a fight,

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

It does look like his leg buckled on him.

James

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

So much for Justin7's theory. According to the AP Solis totally blew out his knee, tearing his ACL, external meniscus, and cartilage.

Link to story on yahoo here.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So much for Justin7's theory. According to the AP Solis totally blew out his knee, tearing his ACL, external meniscus, and cartilage. Link to story on yahoo here.
    then shouldn't b a no contest?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    then shouldn't b a no contest?
    It's only a no contest if the injury is accidentally caused by the opponent.

phillybadboy

what if you're winning on the scorecards, and you injure yourself

phillybadboy

what if you're up in the scorecard, but you foul your oppenet and he claims he can't continue ex, low blow, punch to back of head, or hit after bell

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

what if you're winning on the scorecards, and you injure yourself
    If you injure yourself (blow out a knee, break an ankle, have a heart attack getting up off the stool between rounds, or whatever) and can't continue your opponent wins by either TKO or RTD (referee technical decision) depending upon exactly how the injury occured.

what if you're up in the scorecard, but you foul your oppenet and he claims he can't continue ex, low blow, punch to back of head, or hit after bell
    This is a little more ambiguous. If the referee and/or doctor agree the injured fighter can't continue, the injured fighter is supposed to win by DQ, but due to the shadiness of boxing (I'm a huge boxing fan, but I think even fans like me can admit it's shady as hell) it's often a no contest. Jean Paul Mendy's DQ win over Sako Bika is an example of what you describe, but when Randall Bailey body slammed Said Ouali over the top rope earlier this year it was ruled a no contest.

There's also the situation of when a boxer accidentally injures his opponent and the fight is stopped. The most common example of this is a fight being stopped because of a cut from an accidental headbutt. I can't remember off the top of my head what round constitutes the cutoff period, but if the injury occurs before the cutoff period it's a no contest. If the injury occurs after the cutoff they go to the scorecards.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Looks like that was easy money for a lot of you guys.

First 12