bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

KSW 15 - Blachowicz

Yesterday i checked out Jan Blachowicz who are facing R.Sokoudjou at KSW Mar 19. For those of us that have followed Sokoudjous carrier knows that it started quite well back in pride with a flash KO over lil nog, but havent been that impressive ever since.
    He has always had problem with people that puts pressure on him, cardio, but the real hole in his game, is his ground game.

Jan Blachowicz (12-2) is a well rounded guy that have spent the most of his carrier in Poland in KSW. His best qualities is his submission game, but he isnt that bad of a striker either. He often takes people to the ground for bjjwork, and when someone reverses him, he is constantly going for submissions and while he is underneath his opponents he is able to take more or less no damage before locking in a sub, or getting up to the feet.

At KSW 13 (may ,2010), he met Julio brutus, a brazilian fighter that was 5-0 and had finished all his fight be KO within the first 3 minutes, he showed that he also had standup skills after serving brutus a right cross followed by a had kick that was so devastating Brutus felt with his head between his own knees. Since that he have submitted two opponents and Knocked out Daniel Tabera riding a 9 fight winning streak. Daniel Tabera is a good fighter that have only lost to relative quality opposition, for instance ricco rodrigues and Jared Hess.

My conclusion: Jan blachowicz is as far as i can se the better all round fighter, quicker, stronger, higher fight iq than sokodjou. I will eat my hat, if Sokodjou is able to win over Jan by anything other than a lucky punch as KSW send out their best man to give their promotion some recognition with a win over an washed up ufc vet.

Maro Parek : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7xezpt0lJ8
    Julio Brutus :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5O3_7Kdk8
    Daniel Tabera :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfuRgSFFJws

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of the guy, but he looks pretty sharp. I'm always looking to fade Soko anyway. He's good for about 2 minutes and then his gas tank disappears. If Jan's line looks good I may throw a little down.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Ya thanks. How's Jans gas tank. Thats all he needs to beat Soko.

bjpenn85

Jan i ranked as the 4th best light heavyweight fighter in Europe. I dont actually know who is responsible for this rankings, but i know that on the same ranking dennis siver was ranked as the thirs best lightweight in europe. So i think there is some validity to it.

Anyway, i try to bet where one of the fighters have an advantage, and jan got an advantage almost in every area except maybe the first two minutes of the fight due to Sokodjous explosiveness. The guy actually impresses me, because he seems to be doing something smart througout all his fight, every minute. I really think it is a reason why he hasnt lost since 2007, winning 9 straight fights and is ranked as 4 in europe. It should be more than i enough to punish sokodj.

bjpenn85

its rather difficult to say how his cardio is, since he always finish his fight before going in to the third round. He seems to be quite effective when it comes to his expenditure of energy, like i said, he fights smart, and doesnt go for brawls. He has in his fight be able to get the takedowns, without struggling. He is not that explosive as sokodjou which means that he most probably got a better gas tank, and he doesnt seem to fade as the fight continues, he just seem to get better from what i have seen. Very seldom highly explosive human beings is equipped with the same level of endurance.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you really bj penn?

bjpenn85

no, i am your father