kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

YURI FOREMAN over PAWEL WOLAK (at -195)

I've seen Pawel Wolak fight a bunch of times, incluidng once in person.

He is a decent club fighter thats fun to watch, but Foreman is 2 or 3 cuts above him. He shouldn't have any trouble out-jabbing and out-maneuvering Wolak and nabbing an easy Decision win.

Thoughts? I think its good bet. Not the best price, but...

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

I've never seen Wolak before, but I'm rooting for him because I f-ing hate Yuri Foreman. He just runs around the ring pitter pattering his way to decisions. He hasn't knocked anyone out in 5 years, and all the guys he's KOd were total punching bags.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

on foreman also sat.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've never seen Wolak before, but I'm rooting for him because I f-ing hate Yuri Foreman. He just runs around the ring pitter pattering his way to decisions. He hasn't knocked anyone out in 5 years, and all the guys he's KOd were total punching bags.
    Foreman doesn't have the most fan friendly style, but he's all class and heart, and works as hard as anyone.

Wolak will make him work for his money though, shouldn't be a bad fight

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

looks like a solid wager....also looking at dzinziruk at almost +500 in some places....

this is a showcase fight for martinez..he`s looked great...a legit top 5 pfp guy...but will this defensive,technical,jab-dominant style give him trouble?...

martinez is used to fighting offensive,less than stellar defensive guys that make for shoot-outs...this won`t be a shoot-out...he`s going to have to get past that careful,excellent technical style that dzin employs...dzin is an excellent counter-puncher...

could martinez be looking past this guy?...maybe a little full of himself after bludgeoning williams and shocking the world with such a dominant win?...

this guy isn`t exciting...but he`s no pug...he`s durable...and very composed...
    he`s used to going 12.....out-pointing guys....watch dzin vs daniel santos on youtube..this was back in 2005..when santos was still a very difficult out...dzin`s jab worked very well vs another tallish lefty...

i remember when everyone was anointing kelly pavlik as the shit...we saw what a solid boxer/puncher did there...

maybe martinez is that much better...not sure...i know that i`m a martinez fan.....not saying open the wallet on this...but it`s worth considering...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 03-09-11 at 09:53 AM.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    looks like a solid wager....also looking at dzinziruk at almost +500 in some places....

this is a showcase fight for martinez..he`s looked great...a legit top 5 pfp guy...but will this defensive,technical,jab-dominant style give him trouble?...

martinez is used to fighting offensive,less than stellar defensive guys that make for shoot-outs...this won`t be a shoot-out...he`s going to have to get past that careful,excellent technical style that dzin employs...dzin is an excellent counter-puncher...

could martinez be looking past this guy?...maybe a little full of himself after bludgeoning williams and shocking the world with such a dominant win?...

this guy isn`t exciting...but he`s no pug...he`s durable...and very composed...
    he`s used to going 12.....out-pointing guys....watch dzin vs daniel santos on youtube..this was back in 2005..when santos was still a very difficult out...dzin`s jab worked very well vs another tallish lefty...

i remember when everyone was anointing kelly pavlik as the shit...we saw what a solid boxer/puncher did there...

maybe martinez is that much better...not sure...i know that i`m a martinez fan.....not saying open the wallet on this...but it`s worth considering...
    Its not terrible. I know for a fact that Dzinziruk is going to frustrate Martinez at times because he is a very technically proficient fighter and he is a very accurate puncher.

But Martinez is to active IMO. He throws way to many punches. He's gonna keep Dzinziruk in his shell all night, throwing combinations and then moving over and over again. I think there's a possibility of a late round stoppage for Martinez, but its slim.

I wouldn't put money on Dzinziruk, because while he'll probably outbox Martinez is short stretches, I see it as almost impossible for him to do that for 7 full rounds.

Thats my opinion though. IF you see value in the bet definitely put a little on it cause +500 is definitely a good price, and your assessment is definitely not wrong

Handjuice
    Handjuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this play also, definetley seems like a rebound fight for Foreman.

Miguel Vazquez will win also imo, he's got too much experience for Zappa, and will grind out a decision.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by kball15 View Post
    Its not terrible. I know for a fact that Dzinziruk is going to frustrate Martinez at times because he is a very technically proficient fighter and he is a very accurate puncher.

But Martinez is to active IMO. He throws way to many punches. He's gonna keep Dzinziruk in his shell all night, throwing combinations and then moving over and over again. I think there's a possibility of a late round stoppage for Martinez, but its slim.

I wouldn't put money on Dzinziruk, because while he'll probably outbox Martinez is short stretches, I see it as almost impossible for him to do that for 7 full rounds.

Thats my opinion though. IF you see value in the bet definitely put a little on it cause +500 is definitely a good price, and your assessment is definitely not wrong
    a friend mentioned that martinez via decision with a "point handicap" potential hedge with dzin(depending on what that might be)......

just thinking that i don`t remember seeing martinez vs this good a technician....he`s been in some firefights...

we`ll see whether dzin has enough offense to discourage/keep martinez honest...at some point he`ll have to get martinez` respct to hang in here...

phillybadboy

good card man

phillybadboy

good luckn foreman people

kball15

Foreman now at -240. Looks like we got the right guy

kball15

a friend mentioned that martinez via decision with a "point handicap" potential hedge with dzin(depending on what that might be)......

just thinking that i don`t remember seeing martinez vs this good a technician....he`s been in some firefights...

we`ll see whether dzin has enough offense to discourage/keep martinez honest...at some point he`ll have to get martinez` respct to hang in here...
    if you can get a point handicap for Dzin, I would take it. I think the decision will be moderately close but clear for Martinez

rocky mattioli

i like the over 9.5 in the vasquez/zappavigna fight.....probably gonna par it with something(being that it`s -230)...

vasquez isn`t a big puncher,but he has gone 10 with tim bradley and saul alvarez(he moved up a weight class and a half to fight alvarez)....

matter of fact his only losses were to these two....

he`s slick and tall....looks like a distance fight...but i hate laying odds...

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

any concerns about foreman's knee in this match? wolak is a bull who will plow through and fights high pressure, but i am on foreman. just wondering if anyone thinks his knee will be an issue.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Brian891 View Post
    any concerns about foreman's knee in this match? wolak is a bull who will plow through and fights high pressure, but i am on foreman. just wondering if anyone thinks his knee will be an issue.

excellent question....that`s the wild card...

Brian891

i threw a 50 spot on him. hope he is healthy and his style keeps the polish bull off him.

rocky mattioli

over 9.5 in vasquez/zappa is home...looks like the slickster wins a decision barring a lightning strike ......

Brian891

anyone watching? is yuri holding up or getting smoked?

Brian891

f*ck foreman. what a little bitch. shoulda went with my fellow pole. got his ass kicked. didnt make it 7. wow.

phillybadboy

we lost that one

rocky mattioli

he got pushed around pretty dominantly...wolak`s left eye was almost closed,but foreman was the one that quit on his stool ...

i don`t know where he goes from here...that was a bit embarrassing...

and this makes cotto`s win over him look a bit dubious...

kball15

he got pushed around pretty dominantly...wolak`s left eye was almost closed,but foreman was the one that quit on his stool ...

i don`t know where he goes from here...that was a bit embarrassing...

and this makes cotto`s win over him look a bit dubious...
    I haven't seen the fight yet but I am shocked. After all the heart he showed against Cotto I never thought he would get stopped, let alone QUITE ON HIS STOOL!!!

Non-coincidentally Cotto looked bad in the main event I hear.

Handjuice
    Handjuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yuri looked like shit, got beat up pretty good. Careers probably over, glad i had most of my money on Vasquez, he looked great.

Mayorga looked pretty damn good, he clearly lost but was in good fighting shape.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

Quote Originally Posted by kball15 View Post
    Non-coincidentally Cotto looked bad in the main event I hear.
    I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he looked "bad," but he definitely lacked aggression and looked slow. Cotto's next fight will likely be with Margarito sans cement in his gloves. I'd expect Cotto to win.

As for other top 154 pounders, I think it's a perfect style match for him against Angulo, but the other top guys in the division like Paul Williams and Erislandy Lara would destroy the 2011 version of Miguel Cotto... and sadly I think a lot of the second tear guys would beat him too. Cotto used to be a beast, but that was two severe beatings and two smaller weight classes ago.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I agree