The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

ESPN is reporting the deal is set and they are just waiting for signatures before it is announced as official. Possible dates are June 25th or July 2nd, and will most likely be fought in Germany. I have been waiting to see this fight for 2 years. Klitschko is going to F him up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6186846

kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill be rooting for Klitschko, but I think he's gonna have a much tougher time then people think against probably the most athletic fighter he's ever fought.

When the fight was first signed a while back Haye opened up as a 4-1 dog i think. Thats not a bad price to put a small bet on Haye, and then lay a big bet on the Under depending on the odds.

In the end though, I think Klitschkos Jab is too strong and too much for Haye to overcome. We'll see though

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I'll believe it when I see the weigh in. I damn sure won't be placing any bets until the very last second.

If they don't have a venue agreed upon; or if Wlad's "injury" is legitimate; or if Chisora had a legally binding contract and cockblocks; or if David Haye bruises his nipple during training; or if they haven't agreed upon gloves; or if...

yeah, I just don't have faith in these two/three to follow through and actually fight anymore. There's always a block in the road and everything they say is just lip service.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Its about time. I'm hoping Haye wins.

James

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Sucks that this is the most interesting heavyweight fight. It's such a horrible weight class I forgot they had fighters above middleweight over the past 10 years.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Either Klitscho will destroy Haye if it ever happens, but who wants to lay 6 to win 1.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

is it goin down?

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by kball15 View Post
    Ill be rooting for Klitschko, but I think he's gonna have a much tougher time then people think against probably the most athletic fighter he's ever fought.

When the fight was first signed a while back Haye opened up as a 4-1 dog i think. Thats not a bad price to put a small bet on Haye, and then lay a big bet on the Under depending on the odds.

In the end though, I think Klitschkos Jab is too strong and too much for Haye to overcome. We'll see though
    You sure about the 4-1 dog bit? A poster after you said Wvlad was 6-1 favorite, so sounds right - however I could have sworn that when the fight first had odds up forever ago, Haye was only like a +225 or something I thought was absurd. I was planning on making a big Wvladimir bet this time, but if it's reallly 6-1 then maybe not. Maybe the over/under will look nice, I actually don't think the fight ends early. Maybe a late KO or even a decision.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    You sure about the 4-1 dog bit? A poster after you said Wvlad was 6-1 favorite, so sounds right - however I could have sworn that when the fight first had odds up forever ago, Haye was only like a +225 or something I thought was absurd. I was planning on making a big Wvladimir bet this time, but if it's reallly 6-1 then maybe not. Maybe the over/under will look nice, I actually don't think the fight ends early. Maybe a late KO or even a decision.
    definetly not sure about the 4-1 dog. you might very well be right.

+225 not nearly as tempting lol. I do think Haye has a pretty decent shot at winning, and +225 feels about right. We'll see though, the fight is signed and odds will probably be up in the next few weeks

The HOFF

Article from Ring:

Also, Klitschko confirmed that he and girlfriend Hayden Panettiere have split up after 18 month together.

Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir’s brother, said he is sure the breakup will not be a problem for Wladimir as he prepares to fight Haye.

"Fans worry that Wladimir will fall into a depression and could not concentrate on this fight, that instead of Haye he will think about Hayden,” Vitali said with a smile. “I can assure you that Wladimir, no stranger to boxing, has good experience and knows how to concentrate on the match. “I hope that this soap opera will not affect the outcome of battle. Everything is going according to plan. Wladimir already left for training camp more than six weeks before the fight. Hopefully we'll see him in the best shape of his career."

- I really hope this doesn't mess with Wladimir's head.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

He was on ringside the other day (UK show) and was in fine form!

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    He was on ringside the other day (UK show) and was in fine form!
    That's good to hear! This is going to be an awesome and expensive day for me. This fight then UFC 132 that night. You like Wlad in this one, or are you partial to that loudmouth countryman of yours?

snake11eyes

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    That's good to hear! This is going to be an awesome and expensive day for me. This fight then UFC 132 that night. You like Wlad in this one, or are you partial to that loudmouth countryman of yours?
    I'm pretty sure the first time they were going to fight it was 6 to 1. So when this line came out it was going to be an expensive night for me as well. I already have Wlad at -189 twice, -203 once, and -196 twice. I got in early because I thought 189 was to good to pass up. When it came back under 200 I got it again. If it stays around 200 I will get more before the fight. Hopefully this girlfriend bullshit doesn't affect him.

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

2001Wladimir Klitschko -195 2002David Haye +167
    at the greek.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Not a fan of Haye! Like Klitschko in this, but may hedge with Haye by TKO/KO tho to be safe and very conservative! Can still get Klitschko at -162 on a couple euro books
    Last edited by Vaughany; 05-20-11 at 10:22 AM.

HauntingTheHoly

FML!!!!!

I slept on taking Wvlad at -200 for a week or so and now the line is suddenly -260. I guess everyone and their brother knows that Haye's hype has caused this silly line. Wvlad no doubt still a bargain at -260 but I'm just way too pissed off at myself to take it.

How's everyone else looking for this fight?

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

I like wlad by 12 round decision at +383 because I know when haye gets rocked he will get on his bicycle and just try not to get knocked out and wait for a hero shot which wont happen.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    I like wlad by 12 round decision at +383 because I know when haye gets rocked he will get on his bicycle and just try not to get knocked out and wait for a hero shot which wont happen.
    I agree.

haye won't allow himself to get KO'd

If we get to the 5th or 6th round without a KO still, I think Haye gets on his bike and tries to survive so he can make excuses after the fight. No WAY he takes big risks later in the fight.

Im gonna play Klitschko by Decision, and back it up with Klitschko by KO in rounds 1-6 and Haye by KO in rounds 1-3.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Not a big boxing fan but this fight really sparked my interest while watching the Showtime interview with them sitting across a table from one another. The UFC need to do more hype specials like that.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    FML!!!!!

I slept on taking Wvlad at -200 for a week or so and now the line is suddenly -260. I guess everyone and their brother knows that Haye's hype has caused this silly line. Wvlad no doubt still a bargain at -260 but I'm just way too pissed off at myself to take it.

How's everyone else looking for this fight?
    -260/1,38? lol the highests odds are -162/1.62

You have some shitty books in the US.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

haye has really amped up his trash talk this week. check it out

http://www.boxingscene.com/

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

SBR has it at-220..surprised it isn't higher.

Lol@SBR still not letting us parlay MMA/boxing...smh

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    SBR has it at-220..surprised it isn't higher.

Lol@SBR still not letting us parlay MMA/boxing...smh
    That and the limit for bets is 250.

HauntingTheHoly

Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post

I'm on Bodog, which has the -260 and Haye for +200. You have an online book that still has wvlad at -162?

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

he is -200 at 5 dimes

HauntingTheHoly

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    he is -200 at 5 dimes
    Damn. How would they feel about a first time deposit from an SBR poster via betpoints promotion, followed by an ALL IN? Any problems?

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

They'd be delighted

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

I've got wlad in some parlays,

HauntingTheHoly

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    They'd be delighted
    lol, yes I would think so.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by sweepem View Post

You're prolly in England or something right? Probably a ton more people betting on Haye to win.

I think Klitschko is a good bet at anything around -240

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

klits win by score cards

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i think this is wlad`s most dangerous fight in years....i`m a klit fan(more so wee-tah-lee than wlad)....i think they`re unique athletes and i think they get a bad rap from some fans....they`re winners........

but i think this is a real hurdle for wlad....he`s fighting a relatively young and "un-used up" guy that has some quicks and some power....and who seems fearless....

i`m waiting to see where this line goes....if it heads north of +200,i`ll have to take a whack with the brit....

not crazy about haye`s attitude.....and i have serious respect for the klitschkos....but this is gambling,not facebook....

probably won`t be a large wager(given the venue)..an itd prop may be the way i go......

snake11eyes

That and the limit for bets is 250.
    Biggest heavyweight fight in years and you can only bet 250 and 100 for the props.

dzzznutz
    dzzznutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i need haye bigtime got a huge parlay second to last leg

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by dzzznutz View Post
    i need haye bigtime got a huge parlay second to last leg
    eesh wouldn't count on Haye on a Parlay. He'll probably be the one to ruin everything!!!

1234 Last