PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Hate to say it......strikeforce over ufc

I love the ufc. Always have from the beginning but its changing. White is trying to hard to get it on espn and mainstream it when the brutailty is what made it famous inthe first place. The decisions and point fighting is becoming a joke...i went to the strikeforce event and the rules were...WAYYYYYYY better. there were 12 fights and 1 decision. They wernt mismatches either....slowly becoming a fan of strikeforce more than ufc......im shocked anderon silva showed his face at the hendo fight as well --even if he is in a corner....

And if anyone says Hendo fight was weak...they wernt there...Hendo brought the heat and knocked him the **** out----had good seats----he smelled blood from the min it began and u knew it was a matter of time before he got him

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Strikeforce is awesome no doubt, but what do you mean by the "rules wer WAYYYYYYYYY better"? Pretty much the same brah!

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Rogan + Goldberg > Ranallo + Miletich
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AribaAriba

PaperTrail07

the downward elbow and they stand it up in 1/2 the time

PaperTrail07

the gameplane dosent consist of taking a guy down and pointing him out for 3 rounds

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Welcome to the team

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta agree with ya

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Strikeforce is awesome no doubt, but what do you mean by the "rules wer WAYYYYYYYYY better"? Pretty much the same brah!
    I'm pretty sure they are the exact same, Isn't it the state commission that set the rules. UFC has had events in Ohio

as for quicker stand ups, that goes to what refs they use, and i saw many of the same refs they've used in the UFC

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

strike force is such a weaker MMA company than UFC ....... i'd like to see cuong le get his a beaten down by anderson silva lol

PaperTrail07

thats what we want..a penn fitch--- draw----............half those decisions on that card were ******....look at the Nick Ring fight for example...i wanted him to win...he OBV lost that fight---he knew it---then.......NNNIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKK KK RRRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!---leaving you baffeled as to how

PaperTrail07

watch that fight and tell me he won----

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    thats what we want..a penn fitch--- draw----............half those decisions on that card were ******....look at the Nick Ring fight for example...i wanted him to win...he OBV lost that fight---he knew it---then.......NNNIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKK KK RRRRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!---leaving you baffeled as to how
    your right StrikreForce is far better because on a card where we saw 11 of the 12 fights the UFC put on you disliked how 2 decisions went down.

The UFc does not control the judges or the refs in almost all cases. Dana White has said many times how much he hates Steve Mazzagatti, yet he still refs fights because its the state commission that set the rules, and pick the judges and refs.

the rules, refs and judges at StrikeForce last night were among the sames ones that were used when the UFC went to Ohio over the years

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

locksmith...it realy isnt worth explaining! if he doesnt know that, he wont listen

PaperTrail07

I do know that but I promise youthey get up quicker in strikeforce

PaperTrail07

they get right up

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

And so it continues.....

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you want mma to become a mainstream sport then you have to go the route the UFC is taking. fair matches where the WINNER moves forward. yes, this leads to point fighting but i personally see mainstream mma being a well worthend that justifies the means.

SF is thinking short term in an effort to catchup to the UFC and they stand up the fights quicker give out more mismatches which leads to short term entertainment. but in the longterm it does nothing for the sport except reinforce the image in the public's mind that mma is not a sport: where if someone is not getting knocked out, the refs will do something about it (stand them up).

PaperTrail07

jin.......its going to make it a lot harder to go mainstream when its boring as **** with fighters training to fight to a decision.....they gameplan to out point people and grind out a "victory"....its starting to become 2 fighters in the ring that are in there "not to lose"....again...i have always loved UFC but the decisions and extended ground game is getting out of control.......and jin they dont need to change/fix the fights and gear them to a knockout....they need to stop giving so much credit for a takedown that warrants 0 damage and just slows a fight down.....

PaperTrail07

and you grind away 1/2 the fight with nothing going on.........cant blame the fighters...they are taking the easiest route to a paycheck.............why do you think DANA was giving out knockout bonuses on the UFC show.....because a guy could take a guy down 1 or 2 times in those 2 round fights and get an instant victory....and sometimes rules change in sports.....ex overtime rules for NFL

THE_LOCKSMITH

but Fitch did damage, he wreked Penn in that 3rd round and set a record for punches thrown in a round

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

i believe u cant elbow on the ground in strikeforce

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    i believe u cant elbow on the ground in strikeforce
    correct

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

jin.......its going to make it a lot harder to go mainstream when its boring as **** with fighters training to fight to a decision.....they gameplan to out point people and grind out a "victory"....its starting to become 2 fighters in the ring that are in there "not to lose"....again...i have always loved UFC but the decisions and extended ground game is getting out of control.......and jin they dont need to change/fix the fights and gear them to a knockout....they need to stop giving so much credit for a takedown that warrants 0 damage and just slows a fight down.....

you are right, but its not right to punish those who laynpray themselves to a win. Punish those who cant defend the fkn TD.

the ground game is 50% of mma and if strikers who are terrible on the ground should train TDD instead of complaining all the time.

MMA constantly evolving and we are just currently in a rough patch. as the next generation of young fighters step up and look at MMA and see laynprayers winning, they will develop powerful TDD and end the laynpraying.

you just have to wait for it to happen. the right thing to do is just let it evolve on its own. the wrong thing to do is to try and control it.

i see it like controlling the internet and illegal pirating. you cant stop it. grow with it or die.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta admit tho that the april 9th card with mousasi, kyle, diaz, daley, is going to b epic

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Wasn't there a thread like this last Strikeforce card? *Yawn*

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

put a little more effort in your troll job, please

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    you are right, but its not right to punish those who laynpray themselves to a win. Punish those who cant defend the fkn TD.

the ground game is 50% of mma and if strikers who are terrible on the ground should train TDD instead of complaining all the time.

MMA constantly evolving and we are just currently in a rough patch. as the next generation of young fighters step up and look at MMA and see laynprayers winning, they will develop powerful TDD and end the laynpraying.

you just have to wait for it to happen. the right thing to do is just let it evolve on its own. the wrong thing to do is to try and control it.

i see it like controlling the internet and illegal pirating. you cant stop it. grow with it or die.
    Gd points about the game evolving. It will only help fighter's realise that they need to improve their TDD as you said and also their aggressive guard. Moreover, one of the main things that will need to be improved is footwork which I feel is still lackin on the whole in MMA. If guys like Andre Winner used his footwork agains Lentz then half of the stalling against the cage attempts by Lentz wouldnt of happened...instead Winner just stayed with his back agaisnt the cage instead of circling and getting back to the middle of the octagon.

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

the only thing that has to be said is the UFC has way more talent. Why do you think half of strikeforce has former UFC fightes who were cut....like the new LHW champion... Your saying the Arena League is better than the NFL. Outside of Overeem what does Strikeforce have?

ttrace35

This is great stuff. I stay out of it.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    Rogan + Goldberg > Ranallo + Miletich
    I seriously mute the volume everytime Ranallo speaks, the voice is just so annoying.

PaperTrail07

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post

I see what your saying that we are in a rough patch but its more than rough.....ufc will put a wrestler against a guy with a good guard....(thats their takedown defense!!!!! they control wrists and limit damage close to 0....few submission ATTEMPTS) and the round is over..... Strikeforce will limit that and stand them right up...i mean watch the fights.....if a guy takes a guy down...great ..give him credit...but if nothing significant is getting accomplished...get them the **** up......DO YOU NOT AGREE>???

THE_LOCKSMITH

I see what your saying that we are in a rough patch but its more than rough.....ufc will put a wrestler against a guy with a good guard....(thats their takedown defense!!!!! they control wrists and limit damage close to 0....few submission ATTEMPTS) and the round is over..... Strikeforce will limit that and stand them right up...i mean watch the fights.....if a guy takes a guy down...great ..give him credit...but if nothing significant is getting accomplished...get them the **** up......DO YOU NOT AGREE>???
    What do you base this on? Yes, Dan Miragliotta stood the fight up twice in Henderson/Cavalcante and brokeup the clinch once. Are you saying when Dan Miragliotta ref UFC fights he dosn't break fights up as often because the UFC tells him not to?

PaperTrail07

that fight would have stayed ont he ground in the UFC.....and they did it all night.....every fight....

THE_LOCKSMITH

that fight would have stayed ont he ground in the UFC.....and they did it all night.....every fight....
    So what is your reasoning fo why Miragliotta would stand it up in StrikeForce and let it stay on the ground in the UFC?

ttrace35

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I love this shit.

12 Last