omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think mma fans are too reactionary to the last fight. Diego won a close decision against a less than stellar Paulo Thiago while Kampmann lost a close decision to the future ww champion. If judges were better I would confidently go ALL IN on Kampmann.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

seems like they screwed up who should be on the main card....there are 3 or 4 fights i`d rather see than weidman/sakarra and bowles/page...

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    I think mma fans are too reactionary to the last fight. Diego won a close decision against a less than stellar Paulo Thiago while Kampmann lost a close decision to the future ww champion. If judges were better I would confidently go ALL IN on Kampmann.

Go right ahead...

and considering that you think Shields is going to defeat GSP demostrates quite clearly why your opinion on anything regarding MMA is not to be taken seriously.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

You make Kampmann sound like hes this awesome world beater dudes a gate keeper he'll never be champion imo he'll never fight for a belt...bjj penn has better takedown defense/wrestling then kampmann even if he is smaller. And lets not kid ourselves Jake shields over cut and gassed quickly that was not a prime jake shields. Jake looked like shit sucked up and couldnt move.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post
    Go right ahead...

and considering that you think Shields is going to defeat GSP demostrates quite clearly why your opinion on anything regarding MMA is not to be taken seriously.

teaserpleaser

And if you think im bullshitin on the gatekeeper status check paul daleys, carlos condit, jake shields who was their ufc opener against wonder why? He gets melted by nate then drops to 70s now hes a nice test for contenders lets not get it twisted hes not fighting kos or fitch for a reason hes had 11 ufc fights they know what he is.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 03-02-11 at 05:39 PM.

omalley21

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post

Go right ahead...

Hey einstein, I didn't say he would beat GSP. Who is vacating the title after this fight, but clearly if you didn't know that then you have demostrated that your opinion on anything regarding mma is not to be taken seriously. However Shields will do much better against GSP than you apparently think. He will take him down like Kos did in the first round and never tried to again. Difference is, Shields wont abandon his gameplan and start winging right hands hoping to get lucky. He will shoot relentlessly.

I also never said Kampmann was a world beater, but he is definitely a top 5 ww. More than can be said of Sanchez. Kampmann has fought and beaten tougher competition and will beat Sanchez soundly tomorrow.

Put up or shut up. Im a much better mma capper than you. How about loser leaves forum bet. If Sanchez wins, then Ill never post here again, If Kampmann wins then GTFO noob.
    Last edited by omalley21; 03-02-11 at 06:56 PM.

teaserpleaser

I also never said Kampmann was a world beater, but he is definitely a top 5 ww. More than can be said of Sanchez. Kampmann has fought and beaten tougher competition and will beat Sanchez soundly tomorrow.

rd.
    You sure about kampmann fighting tougher competition? must i really break it down? Diego has wins over nick diaz, jorge santiago, karo parysian, joe stevenson, clay guida and has fought bj penn, fitch and kos ... kampmann's best win a split over carlos condit hes fought 4 elite top 10 fighters: Nate melted him in 1:22 , paul daley melted him in 2:31 and a dehydrated clearly not on the top of his game jake shields got dec. I wont even cover the euro guys like damion riccio or proffesor x they arent on that level... drew mcfedries isnt well rounded guy has no ground game, jorge rivera was a journey man then too. Alexandre Barros?? Your really going to tell me kampmann has a better resume than diego? That hes fought tougher fighters than diego?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Sounds like you already are planning your escape, your way out of this mess should you be wrong.

And actually it was the loss to BJ coupled with the stellar win against Paulo that convinced me. Diego is tough as nails, mentally (well in the ring, lol) and physically.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 03-02-11 at 07:28 PM.

Poppa Catfish

And actually it was the loss to BJ coupled with the stellar win against Paulo that convinced me.

Poppa Catfish

And actually it was the loss to BJ coupled with the stellar win against Paulo that convinced me. Diego is tough as nails, mentally (well in the ring, lol) and physically.

teaserpleaser

And top 5 you say may i ask which welterweight you have kampann in front of out of this 6: Gsp, kos, fitch, bj penn, jake shields, thiago alves?

Poppa Catfish

I don't know which of the five you listed he would beat, ha! but I suppose somehow he is top 5. I don't see him beating Askren or Diaz either, perhaps the real argument should be is he top ten?

teaserpleaser

Hardy would ko him theres not too much difference in level of striking between daley and hardy i've seen them spar Daley more explosive of course and hardy more technical imo... i think condit beats him in a rematch Diaz. Kampmanns getting alot of respect in love for keeping it close vs shields

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    And top 5 you say may i ask which welterweight you have kampann in front of out of this 6: Gsp, kos, fitch, bj penn, jake shields, thiago alves?

you really think penn beats kampmann?...how?..stand-up?...submission?......kampmann was a 185 pounder....

way to big for penn...

teaserpleaser

Like how Fitch was too big for BJ? You would take Martin kampmann over Bj Penn? im done im not even sure what to say to that. Go post that on your favorite mma forum see what they say. Bj has better stand up better wrestling, more experience fighting world class fighters how would kampmann beat BJ? You really think Kampmann is on BJs level? Bj would probably turn down a kampmann fight since he only wants to fight the best.

omalley21

I concede on the strength of schedule but I stand by my Kampmann pick. Ya Im worried Diego could steal rounds in the judges eyes by taking him down after getting worked over on the feet for 4 minutes. I hate betting on fights that are gonna go the distance. But I really feel Kampmann outclasses him here. He's not gonna make the same mistakes twice. He basically chose to grapple with shields. He's stated that he's not gonna do that. Who do you think is better Hathaway or Kampmann?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    you really think penn beats kampmann?...how?..stand-up?...submission?......kampmann was a 185 pounder....

way to big for penn...
    Bj Penn would be what at least -250 for that fight at least probably more like -300 who the fukk has Martin Kampmann beat thats world class? The 3 guys who could/did fight for a ufc title he fought all beat him Marquardt stopped him fast, Daley might have had an outside shot at making waves he stopped kampmann fast, And Jake Shields beat him on an off night. He'll be lucky to get past Diego in 22 hours let alone Bj Penn.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

someone called?

teaserpleaser

I concede on the strength of schedule but I stand by my Kampmann pick. Ya Im worried Diego could steal rounds in the judges eyes by taking him down after getting worked over on the feet for 4 minutes. I hate betting on fights that are gonna go the distance. But I really feel Kampmann outclasses him here. He's not gonna make the same mistakes twice. He basically chose to grapple with shields. He's stated that he's not gonna do that. Who do you think is better Hathaway or Kampmann?
    Right now kampmann is the better fighter hes fought tougher guys more experience do i think kampmann beats Hathaway i dont know? Close fight. i can tell you this though Hathaway was a tougher fight and will probably always be a tougher fight for diego because of his wrestling London shoot has awesome wrestling for an uk based camp, plus that kid is huge and diego was coming back up from 55 hathaway is 6-2 good decent wrestling base. Diego took that kid lightly or so he says drinking after training and partying. Hathaway is for sure the better prospect even with the mike pyle loss hes only a baby (24) kid could have a bright future, Kampmann is pretty much an B level gatekeeper its why diego is fighting him. Kampann with his lack of wrestling will never be ufc champ contender material im not sure he would make it past guys like anthony Johnson or Dan Hardy to get to the top guys like Fitch and Kos that would smash him. Hes a solid gate keeper.

teaserpleaser

omalley why wouldnt you stand by your pick? Not like Diego is this elite wrestler takedown artist hes just relentless and gets the takedown with pure want to thats what makes the fight so intresting im betting he can get him down your betting that he stuffs diegos takedowns and kampmann beats diego standing. If Diego cant beat Kampmann i dont know what hes going to do who can Joe Silva give him with worse wrestling at welterweight?

Boddhissatva

UPdate....odds have dropped again.

Sanchez is now +105.

I got him at +140.

rocky mattioli

Bj Penn would be what at least -250 for that fight at least probably more like -300 who the fukk has Martin Kampmann beat thats world class? The 3 guys who could/did fight for a ufc title he fought all beat him Marquardt stopped him fast, Daley might have had an outside shot at making waves he stopped kampmann fast, And Jake Shields beat him on an off night. He'll be lucky to get past Diego in 22 hours let alone Bj Penn.
    penn -300 over kampmann?...i want some of what you`re smoking...

can you even imagine marquardt fighting this older version of b.j. penn?....lol

i can`t either....i stand by what i said...kampmann is bigger,taller and his skillset matches up well with penn`s...

i think sanchez can outhustle kampmann...but kampmann deserves to be favored ,imo...and he`s saying all the right things...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kam...Attempts-30398

should be an excellent fight

Boddhissatva

penn -300 over kampmann?...i want some of what you`re smoking... can you even imagine marquardt fighting this older version of b.j. penn?....lol i can`t either....i stand by what i said...kampmann is bigger,taller and his skillset matches up well with penn`s... i think sanchez can outhustle kampmann...but kampmann deserves to be favored ,imo...and he`s saying all the right things... http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kam...Attempts-30398 should be an excellent fight
    Rocky, that's what I've been saying...

on paper, and technically Kampmann is the better fighter and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the decision by being sharper than Sanchez..

however his one big flaw is that he doesn't fight with a sense of urgency...and is late to start and doesn't push the pace.

Diego Sanchez, getting his a$$ kicked or kicking a$$ is always on full throttle and this might be enough to steal rounds or convince judges that "he's the aggressor".

This is what I'm banking on.

stefan084

penn -300 over kampmann?...i want some of what you`re smoking...

can you even imagine marquardt fighting this older version of b.j. penn?....lol

i can`t either....i stand by what i said...kampmann is bigger,taller and his skillset matches up well with penn`s...

i think sanchez can outhustle kampmann...but kampmann deserves to be favored ,imo...and he`s saying all the right things...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kam...Attempts-30398

should be an excellent fight
    penns striking is WAY faster and more precise than Kampmann even at his old age of 32.if he can take Fitch's back I'll guarantee you he would take Kampmanns and finish. there is NO area in which Kampmann would have an advantage over Penn--what exact "skill set" matchs up w/ Penn's? also how long have you been watching MMA and do you have any actually knowledge of jiu-jitsu because you're sounding half-retarded

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Since you're confident the fight does the distance, why not play that prop? (-285) isn't too steep given that it's a sure thing, no?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    penns striking is WAY faster and more precise than Kampmann even at his old age of 32.if he can take Fitch's back I'll guarantee you he would take Kampmanns and finish. there is NO area in which Kampmann would have an advantage over Penn--what exact "skill set" matchs up w/ Penn's? also how long have you been watching MMA and do you have any actually knowledge of jiu-jitsu because you're sounding half-retarded

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

100% correct.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

kampmann would probably be +200 vs penn

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic View Post
    kampmann would probably be +200 vs penn

If Kampmann loses, Penn/Kampmann may be next. I think it's a real possibility. Feeling better and better about Diego guys. The guy is at his natural weight now, gonna have loads of energy and more strength. GNP stoppage

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Isnet i Kampman-SAnchez?Why all this talk about BJ?

omalley21

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Since you're confident the fight does the distance, why not play that prop? (-285) isn't too steep given that it's a sure thing, no?
    I did. I got it at -230. V got it at -170. Not sure what it opened at. I wish bet on fighting showed the odds history of props.

To those on Sanchez, it would make sense to just take him by decision +200.

Im officially changing my pick to a draw now.
    Last edited by omalley21; 03-03-11 at 05:29 PM.

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

wow you're betting a draw? seems like after the Penn/Fitch fight another draw will be very unlikely

stefan084

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post

If Kampmann loses, Penn/Kampmann may be next. I think it's a real possibility. Feeling better and better about Diego guys. The guy is at his natural weight now, gonna have loads of energy and more strength. GNP stoppage
    ---I think Penn will go back down to lightweight if he doesn't get another shot against Fitch. I'm just hoping he still fights. He was very upset with himself after that last fight and seemed like he didn't know what he was going to do

rocky mattioli

i think you`re over emoting,kwai chang...pop an ambien..

my guess is that you`re a high schooler or in your early 20`s(and please don`t come back and cite a bunch of mma credentials...makes you look foolish)...i was probably watching royce gracie when you were soiling your dipe-dipes...

you neglected to mention the size differential,mma sage.....i think kampmann would be very live vs penn...very live...that`s my opinion...and at +200,i`d be on him... you underestimate kampmann`s striking and grappling...and his cardio is much better than penn`s...when was the last time penn won a 3rd round?...

and if kampmann loses vs sanchez(which may well happen with a -130 favorite) please don`t come back and give me grief because penn handled sanchez....we all know that the old if "a" beats "b" and "b" beats "c" then "a" beats "c" is total b.s.... sanchez could definitely out-hustle a slow starter like kampmann...

we`re all entitled to our opinions in here,superior being..calling people that differ with your opinion "retarded " doesn`t prove your point....it just proves that you`re a tad immature...sticking feathers up your ass doesn`t make you a chicken...

g.l. with your wagers...

First 12345 Last