ForbiddenWonder
    ForbiddenWonder's Avatar Become A Pro!

FDub's MMA pics

Hey, i'm new here but i'm a huge mma fan and i've been doing pretty well recently. Here's what I like for tonight's UFC 127 action!

First off, I believe the only way bisping will win tonight is due to his defensive wrestling. He has proven over and over again that he will circle towards an opponents power hand repeatedly. One watch of the Henderson fight will show you how good his offensive wrestling is (it isn't). That being said, I envision bisping either out pointing rivera from the outside with jabs, or getting tagged with a hook and going down for GnP or a TKO. His ground game isn't anything to write home about either. Just remember that in every big fight he's had (Hendo, Silva, and Rashad too I believe) he's gotten caught and tagged. In his other fights, he's been obviously protected due to him being british. RIVERA 1u +245

Sot should easily handle Siver once he gets him to the ground, but there's a good chance that he gets stuffed early in Round 1 and the pressure from the hometown crowd could get to him. -360 is insane to lay in a fight like this, I wouldn't touch it.

BJ Penn's biggest weakness is being BJ Penn. Fitch's motivation and work ethic are his strengths in his fight, along with the obvious size advantage. If it wasn't for some funny talking gay guy, we'd all be talking about how Fitch is the best welterweight ever. My book has it at -215 right now, I can see a lot of late public action moving the line in Fitch's favor. BJ Penn is going to get laid on for 15 minutes and be hopeless the entire time. FITCH 4u -215

Lytle is going to stomp the crap out of Ebersole too, the lines for the Siver fight should be switched with this one. Lytle 2u -275

Good luck and have fun watching the fights
    Last edited by ForbiddenWonder; 02-26-11 at 03:36 PM. Reason: cleaning it up a lil bit

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Penn's biggest weakness is being BJ Penn[/B]. Fitch's motivation and work ethic are his strengths in his fight, along with the obvious size advantage. If it wasn't for some funny talking gay guy, we'd all be talking about how Fitch is the best welterweight ever. My book has it at -215 right now, I can see a lot of late public action moving the line in Fitch's favor. BJ Penn is going to get laid on for 15 minutes and be hopeless the entire time. FITCH 4u -215
    His biggest weakness is being a former champion in two separate weight classes? BJ Penn is no joke, and neither is fitch, Penn will not let himself get laid on for 15 min he is very good on his back and has shown that he can go for submission and use his bjj to get back to his feet, I really think this will be a very competitive fight

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Me thinks ur underestimating Bisping's ground game considerably! Good luck tonight tho and welcome to the forum!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Me thinks ur underestimating Bisping's ground game considerably! Good luck tonight tho and welcome to the forum!

what v said........rivera beating 3 wooden indians in a row serves as the perfect set-up that gives dana white cover to stick bisping into another very favorable match-up...very winable fight...and to protect his british investment...

welcome,btw...

ForbiddenWonder

thanks, I believe rivera has definitely succeeded in getting into tinfoil mike's head. if there's any guy on the current UFC roster more susceptible to this, it isn't obvious. Rivera will frustrate him early and it'll snowball from there.

Siver-Sot will be FOTN I believe

thanks for the warm welcome

ForbiddenWonder

serious post I really hope mark hunt wins, I've been a big fan from his k1 days

ForbiddenWonder

blah, rivera was playing with a short deck after that knee and I can't argue that much with the fitch fight. -2u

ForbiddenWonder

Hendo gon' wrestle tonight, I have 2u on Dangerous Dan.

ForbiddenWonder

heyoo +2u = EVEN