ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

My UFC 127 Card

Jon Fitch -210 Risking 10x to win 4.8x

I love the line here for Fitch. I just don't see him losing to an old, deteriorating BJ Penn. This is a nightmare match up for Penn IMO. His wrestling will more than likely not be able to prevent being taken down, and off his back he has very little chance of being able to submit the careful workhorse Fitch. There is a reason most of Fitch's fights go to decision. The guy just does not take chances. He is very careful and meticulous about the way he goes about scoring points. Sometimes his style is quite boring to watch, but is effective nonetheless. Another thing, Fitch has one hell of a chin. Most people don't give GSP any credit for his striking ability/ability to finish fights, but he was absolutely crushing Fitch's chin time after time in that fight. I honestly don't think there is much of a chance for Penn to stop Fitch here if he does manage to land some good shots. I see Fitch controlling the fight from the top. Fitch's size and wrestling ability will be too much for Penn here as he takes an easy 30-27 decision.

Jorge Rivera +275 Risking 2x to win 5.5x

Going with the live dog here in Rivera. This fight has upset written all over it. Ok, well maybe not so much, but I think Rivera has a real good chance to rock Bisping early. 'El Conquistador' has won 3 fights in a row and has looked really good on his feet (especially his last couple fights). Look for him to come out real strong early and take it to Bisping. I do agree that if Bisping can make it to the mid point of the second round, he will probably end up smashing Rivera late, but if he tries to stand up and prove a point with Rivera, he could end up getting KTFO. Rivera is on a mission people!

George Sotiropoulos -325 Risking 10x to win 3.1x

Bad bad bad match up for Dennis Siver. I really enjoy watching him fight, but he is in over his head here. George Sotiropoulos has proven time and time again he is an elite ground fighter. Most casual fans don't really know too much about the ground wizard from down under, but I believe they soon will. The guy is 7-0 in the UFC and seems to get better and better each fight. His overall record is 14-2. 1 loss a split decision to Kyle Noke in 2005 (which he later avenged) and a DQ for an illegal groin strike against Shinya Aoki. If he gets this to the ground just one time, it is game over for the German kick boxer. He may not submit him/finish him the first time hitting the ground, but if you watch George's fights, you'll notice he has one of the most active/efficient top games in the game. This will result in 1 of 2 things - 1) Siver getting submitted/pounded 2) Siver constantly scrambling and using TONS of energy to try to get to his feet/avoid submission. Siver's only chance is to score a quick knockout which I believe is unlikely against the tough/crafty Sotiropoulos. I predict a 2nd round submission victory for the Australian sensation.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Fitch and Sotiropoulos look safe enough. I would lay a unit on Rivera to win via KO/TKO since that's seriously theonly way I can see him winning. The longer the match runs, the less of a chance Bisping is going lose.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raynor21 View Post
    Fitch and Sotiropoulos look safe enough. I would lay a unit on Rivera to win via KO/TKO since that's seriously theonly way I can see him winning. The longer the match runs, the less of a chance Bisping is going lose.
    Agree 100%. And I think Jorge and Bisping know this too. Rivera will come out extra aggressive and Bisping will come out a little tentative. Could be the knockout of the night.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Rivera pick. If Bispings got a weakness its his chin and getting hit by someones right. Riveras the perfect one to do it.

ShogunRua
    Update Status

Line moving down on the Fitch fight. Why do so many people like BJ Penn here??