LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    haha i just read that and came here to say the same thing.

longer response from the commission here-
    http://www.5thround.com/78821/ufc-13...s-controversy/

This is the part that cracks me up tho, aside from Mr. Tweedale's breakdown of the fight.

"That’s a round about which reasonable people can disagree. Close rounds like Round 2 of Omigawa vs Elkins serve as useful examples for discussion, to assist in refining and evolving the community’s understanding of the scoring criteria, generally. And that is a good thing for the sport.”

Talk about passive aggressive, the 'community' does not need its understanding to evolve. The commission is the issue.

The reality is Elkins threw a lot of punches and a lot of them didn't find their mark because of Omigawa's crazy movement. This is similar to Edgar/Penn 1 fight or Sanchez/Kampmann. Don't worry about landing, just move forward and throw punches and you will win even though you are constantly be countered.
    This decision was as bad and insulting as the incompetent response by the commission.

It's hard enough to fight the spreads and win, but to get dragged down by corrupt or blind judges is far worse than merely losing my money due to my own errors in analysis.

I can live with my mistakes. The part that is difficult to deal with is the excuses and blindness the commission demonstrates in defense of their horrible judges and their blatantly wrong decisions.

It's worse in the smaller orgs, but simply won't go away even at the top levels.

Quote Originally Posted by LayingThe$Down View Post

My only real wager is Stout, and I probably put more on him than I should have, but feel really good.
    Luckily the judges didn't get a chance to screw me like they did Omigawa (and the guys that bet on him).

Great profit for me on the event, congrats to the winners.

I hope Yves recovers and makes a good comeback, he is one of my all-time favorites. Been watching that guy since the early UFC 40's. I hated seeing his head hit the canvas that hard.

I just couldn't believe he would win. On to the next event.....

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

People are still talking about this?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Awesome Gracie breakdown as usual>>

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Awesome Gracie breakdown as usual>>
    My Gi is way nicer than his...I could also easily submit homeboy on the right while he wears his black belt

First ... 2345