AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Montiel is getting a plastic Surgery, i just hope that this wont hurt his career.
    By Jojo Malig, abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 02/21/2011 8:55 PM | Updated as of 02/21/2011 11:20 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Former Mexican bantamweight champion Fernando Montiel will have to undergo plastic surgery after his fight last Sunday against Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire.

Montiel, who kissed the canvas in the second round of their bout, reportedly had a hairline fracture and deep dent in the cheekbone where Donaire’s powerful left hook connected. Donaire confirmed the report in his Facebook account.

“I want to give up 2 things to God: my win last night and also Montiel’s speedy recovery for his zygomatic bone fracture and reconstructive surgery. In both moments, only He can help us,” he said.

In an interview with TV Patrol Monday night, Donaire said the counter left hook that landed on Montiel was the “biggest and hardest punch” that he has ever made in his career so far.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...pro&id=7967958

"You got a needle, I got a vain, test me 24/7. No need for preparation, I'm always ready to prove that I'm for real. Victor is for real."

""Is it possible with a 14-day window free of blood testing before a fight, such as the one proposed for a potential Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquaio fight, a boxer could still cheat and not be caught?

With blood and urine testing in place for the duration of a training camp (such as the Mayweather-Shane Mosley fight), could a boxer take steroids and skirt the system?

According to former BALCO founder and owner Victor Conte, in both of these scenerios a boxer using steroids or other performance enhancing drugs could easily beat the system.

Cheating the system is a piece of cake, because they (trainers, fighters) know when testing is going to occur and they can stop the use of steroids before training camp begins,” Conte said.

Conte said that what most people don’t understand is that steroids are more effective when tapering off in the system.

“This is when you get the best results. This is when you are much more powerful from a performance standpoint.”

The key to lowering steroid use in boxing, in Conte’s estimation, is testing out of competition.

“I don’t even think every boxing match needs steroid testing,” Conte said.

The system Conte proposes would include subjecting any boxer ranked in the top 20 in the sport, to random blood testing anytime, 365 days a year.

“If the athletes go somewhere, they must notify the testing agency of where they are. The testers should have a right to show up at any time.”

This type of testing is used in many professional sports throughout the world, most notably athletics and world soccer. It is through this style of testing that the most notable cheats have been unearthed.

“If the athletes themselves thought they were on a more even playing field, they might not feel forced to use the drugs in order to be competitive,” Conte added.

conte says he doesn`t think boxing is interested in cheaters...

""Conte said Robert Voy’s estimation that EPO is not effective as a performance enhancing drug is ridiculous.

“He (Voy) is either ignorant or has an agenda,” Conte said. “he might have an enabler and is promoting the use of drugs.”

“The truth is that positive tests are bad for business, they affect the cashflow of all concerned.”

“Is boxing interested in good steroid testing?,” Conte asked. “I’m not so sure.”

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

OMG^ur totally bringing another topic, we're talking about Donaire here.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

donaire has some crazy power.

First 12