rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

what a brilliasnt idea...

er,brilliant....lol

this is one smart dude....

kudos to this gentleman for thinking out of the box....saw this at mmajunkie and thought it was an amazing idea...

A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE UFC

"If and when the NFL players strike, it would be a great opportunity for the UFC to promote MMA to football fans. The UFC needs to showcase their hard-working fighters rather than the spoiled million-dollar babies we watch on Sundays. Planning for live events on Sunday afternoons in the fall would attract mainstream media attention and would also generate new fans. The UFC should focus on growing the sport in the U.S., which in turn will increase corporate sponsorship."

Gary Harmon
    New York City, N.Y.

with such a large roster,the ufc could pull this off if the nfl does indeed go on strike...try and showcase some of your mid-level talent and some of your prospects...

talk about expanding your fan base and going mainstream?.......and making money?.....

if you`re afraid of overexposure,make it every other week or third week...so fans start missing it on weekends when it isn`t on...

could be logistically tough with the nfl involved in ongoing negotiations,though....things could turn on a dime at any point and leave the ufc holding the bag....would have to be with a non-nfl carrying network just in case...

still,absolutely brilliant,imo.....love to have a beer with this guy
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 02-14-11 at 08:19 AM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I bet dana would love to see NFL lose any amount of ground it has over MMA in America but I personally doubt any actual regular season games will be missed(at least i hope not.) Next week is a big week for more information on it, the owners will find out if they have to pay their stadium bills or if they will be awarded $4B out of a tv contract to pay them. If the owners get awarded the money by a judge they can afford to miss some regular season games.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I bet dana would love to see NFL lose any amount of ground it has over MMA in America but I personally doubt any actual regular season games will be missed(at least i hope not.) Next week is a big week for more information on it, the owners will find out if they have to pay their stadium bills or if they will be awarded $4B out of a tv contract to pay them. If the owners get awarded the money by a judge they can afford to miss some regular season games.

i`m going through football withdrawal on sundays already...this would be a horrible turn of events for all of us nfl fans....and would be an absolute crisis if something happened to college foots on saturday.....

lets hope cooler head prevail and it gets worked out...

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i`m going through football withdrawal on sundays already...this would be a horrible turn of events for all of us nfl fans....and would be an absolute crisis if something happened to college foots on saturday.....

lets hope cooler head prevail and it gets worked out...
    Me too

I just don't think this is feasible for every sunday, and if they did go through with it they would be stretched even thinner, with even worse ppv cards. I still like the idea though, but I think reality drags this down.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

If it looks like some games are going to be missed Id imagine zuffa would do it. They already out due themselves constantly with the shows on spike and the prelims, its hard to figure what the American football viewing demographic would watch on a Sunday without football but a UFC event might draw 10 million viewers. Id say its definitely worth a shot if games are missed.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-14-11 at 10:32 PM.