sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

fedor the overrated says he's thinking of retirement

fedor has got to be one of the most over-rated fighters out there. can't believe he was actually the favorite in this tourney.

he says he's thinking of retirement and most people would agree.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

he was overrated for this fight. That being said, he's the most dominant fighter of all time

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fedor is and was the best fighter pound for pound fighter ever. Unfortunately the HW's are getting better and heavier. It's either time for him to retire or actually move down in weight class. I doubt moving down in weight is even an option though because he's always been fearless and hungry for fighting the best. Retirement definitely looks like his best option.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Yea pretty weak that he calls it quits when he figured out he wasn't going to win every fight.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    he was overrated for this fight. That being said, he's the most dominant fighter of all time

You cant be for real...Look at who he has fought

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this is just the end of the 2000-2010 version Heavyweights. Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Sylvia, Arlovski etc. The top HWs from the UFC Vs PRIDE years are not the best anymore.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    You cant be for real...Look at who he has fought
    i refuse to be drawn into some silly fedor GOAT argument.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry u must be Russian

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

fedors way too small for the new bread of heavyweight, if he cant make 205 it would be a good time for him to retire

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Dana White must be laughing hiss ass off right now.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    Dana White must be laughing hiss ass off right now.
    Dana White is a douchebag. He just waits till everybody is old and then brings them over and goes "see, told you PRIDE sucked." PRIDE use to be much much better than UFC, but then all the great fighters got old.

Anderson Silva fought in PRIDE and I remember him looking very average.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Dana White is a douchebag. He just waits till everybody is old and then brings them over and goes "see, told you PRIDE sucked." PRIDE use to be much much better than UFC, but then all the great fighters got old.

Prime Ryo Chonnan would TOTALLY tool GSP

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

What?

Crocop had just won the Pride open weight tournament, did he wake up the next morning and happen to become too old.

This is all kinds of nonsense, but I won't disagree that White derives lots of pleasure from those golden age fighter's losses. Pathetic

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    What?

Crocop had just won the Pride open weight tournament, did he wake up the next morning and happen to become too old.

This is all kinds of nonsense, but I won't disagree that White derives lots of pleasure from those golden age fighter's losses. Pathetic
    If Fedor had participated, he would have won it...with ease.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

If Fedor had participated, he would have won it...with ease.
    Ok cool, but that really isn't the argument though.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Who cares about pride, UFC and the rest of American brand is way more North American appealing. Tired of this Dana took over pride bla bla bla, heck I would never see MMA w/o Dana white re branding the sports, dont be selfish and think you own the sports.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    this is just the end of the 2000-2010 version Heavyweights. Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Sylvia, Arlovski etc. The top HWs from the UFC Vs PRIDE years are not the best anymore.

this..and you can throw lower weight guys like b.j. penn and matt hughes in the mix... .the game evolves...new stars step forward....the older guys...well,they get old...and broken down after years of wars....wear and tear...

i don`t understand how anybody can knock fedor..a smallish heavyweight who spanned a decade of being unbeatable...what the hell do people want from a guy?......he`s an all-time great...it`s just not his time anymore...

it`s the natural order of things...evolution...

and white?...he`s good at what he does...but he`s an idiot otherwise,imo.....if it`s possible to f-ck this golden goose up at this point,he has a shot at it...

i rue the day this mofo controls all the major mma organizations and fighters....that will be a sad day indeed for mma fans..
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 02-13-11 at 06:32 AM.
    Points Awarded:

The HOFF gave rocky mattioli 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    this..and you can throw lower weight guys like b.j. penn and matt hughes in the mix... .the game evolves...new stars step forward....the older guys...well,they get old...and broken down after years of wars....wear and tear...

i don`t understand how anybody can knock fedor..a smallish heavyweight who spanned a decade of being unbeatable...what the hell do people want from a guy?......he`s an all-time great...it`s just not his time anymore...
    Exactly. Fedor was not overrated. He has just been past his prime for the last few years.

*Unless I'm talking to Pride>UFC/Royaja8. Then he is absolutely overrated, a huge can, that got beat by a bigger can, and he should never fight again because he is not good enough for the UFC and never has been. Can.
    Last edited by The HOFF; 02-13-11 at 06:50 AM.