rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18807

How can people say hes fought nobodies when hes beaten 5 ex UFC heavyweight champions? Easily I might add. What does that say about the caliber of UFC HW's? Its pretty much agreed upon that Stikeforce has way better HW's than UFC.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    don't get me wrong, Fedor is a GREAT fighter, but he's been way overrated. Look at his opponent list. He's fought nobodies his entire career. When fat **** tim sylvia is one of the better fighters on that list, something is wrong. Now he's getting destroyed by second rate fighters in a second rate organization.
    Big foot Silva is legit and would do quite well in the UFC. Lets not forget that the UFC's heavyweight division outside the top 5 are people like Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione. You honestly don't think Antonio Silva could hold his own against those guys?

Strikeforce have very good heavyweights. Unfortunately, it has been easy to forget the talent they have in their stable because until now with this heavyweight tournament they haven't been fighting each other.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    How can people say hes fought nobodies when hes beaten 5 ex UFC heavyweight champions? Easily I might add. What does that say about the caliber of UFC HW's? Its pretty much agreed upon that Stikeforce has way better HW's than UFC.
    Who hasn't beat Randelman, Arlovski, Matt Linland and Tim Sylvia? I mean we aren't talking about a very exclusive club here. All of these guys and Coleman are used as teething rings for new upcoming fighters, congratulations?

It doesn't necessarily say anything, but its no great surprise to this catfish that the UFC heavyweight division of 5+ years ago has been exposed. Pretty tough to sell a person on Justin Eilers and Paul Buentello.

Who pretty much agrees that SF has the better HWs? Did I miss that meeting?

Poppa Catfish

I think if we can push things along we can easily get Abe Wagner up to 8 ex-champs in no time, we can get Chuck Liddell out of retirement, Royce Gracie plus the aforementioned fighters and maybe Matt Hughes (since you are counting middleweight champs and light heavyweight champs I don't think you would mind a welter weight thrown in)

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

Who pretty much agrees that SF has the better HWs? Did I miss that meeting?
    ha Dont u remember...everybody unanimously agreed at tht meeting that all UFC Heavyweights are cans brah! (But if a HW fighter is released by UFC and subsequently signed by Strikeforce, as per Werdum, his "Can" status is relinqueshed.)

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    this guy's a moron...don't listen to anything he says...I mean he has a 5 year old shirtless redneck white trash kid in his avatar
    Hes right about parlaying fedor to reduce risk who the hell would feel good about laying -350 or -450 vs another top 10 heavyweight?

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

he has fallen fast for sure

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Actually that title of best ever belongs to Anderson "The Spider" Silva.

In his prime...Chuck Lidell could have beaten Federenko.

In his prime fedor would be silva and lidell at the same time.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't watch alot of MMA but this fight was called to my attention because of the "strange" line on Silva at bodog. I checked with them to see if it was legit line. after 2 emails which said nothing from there CS they finally gave me a kind of yes answer. when i went to bet Silva the linesman had lowered it. So essentially, I was working for bodog line dept and I want my premium they saved on my judgment!! FP or something. I saved them thousands for sure.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 04:25 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

Everyone is overrated once they start losing. It will happen to every fighter.

He should just fight Cain now and beat him, wonder what people would say then....

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

He should just fight Cain now and beat him, wonder what people would say then....

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Age and lack of training woth professionals caught up to him. RIP Fedor

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by RollPlayer View Post

I think a giant 300 lb of a man with BJJ black belt skills and half decent stand up skills had something to do with it too, but call me a crazy catfish

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by RollPlayer View Post
    been out of the loop for a good while Fedor doesnt still train with red devil guys and visit golden glory from time to time i know he did in pride days.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Fedor didn't beat any UFC champs in their primes Brock, Carwin, Dos Santos, and Cain would steamroll everybody in strikeforce

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

DW bed buddy Chuck is a prime example...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Fedor all done. He's lucky he's alive after that facial damage

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Time catches up to everybody. Fedor had a long reign as one of the best mixed martial artists in the world. He had to fall eventually.

cooldavid3169
    cooldavid3169's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xkgb View Post
    Fedor is -500(ml) tonight vs. A Slilva..... is this money in the bank, or do u guys have doubts
    Fedor hasn't been a safe bet since Pride. Best fighter of the last generation of fighters but he has always had a huge flaw cuts, He gets cut way to easy. Ended up looking like hamburger plenty of times in pride. Pride doctors would have never stopped a fight for certain fighters.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by cooldavid3169 View Post
    Fedor hasn't been a safe bet since Pride. Best fighter of the last generation of fighters but he has always had a huge flaw cuts, He gets cut way to easy. Ended up looking like hamburger plenty of times in pride. Pride doctors would have never stopped a fight for certain fighters.

You are right they probably wouldn't have stopped that fight, hopefully you aren't insinuating that was the only reason Fedor lost, because if Fedor had been allowed to go out there for round 3 he was only going to get totally destroyed, and most likely KO'd.

AnthonySoprano
    AnthonySoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!

How could an antique of a fighter who is best known to pull victories outta his ass ever be a safe bet, much less after an embarrassing loss and at that price, over a gigantic freak top 10er with proven boxing and grappling? Please, ha! Even the tire changer nearly changed his tire the fight before, the signs were all there, guys. And I don't say this after the fact really, I tried warning Nick B before the fight.
    Last edited by AnthonySoprano; 02-13-11 at 08:23 PM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySoprano View Post
    How could an antique of a fighter who is best known to pull victories outta his ass ever be a safe bet, much less after an embarrassing loss? Even the tire changer nearly changed his tire the fight before, the signs were all there, guys. And I don't say this after the fact really, I tried warning Mick Bologna before the fight.
    Embarrassing loss???? you mean like Gsp tapping to strikes, BJ throwing in the towel, chuck being knocked out by air, machida being put to sleep, Lesnar scrambling around like a petite female.... oh yeah doctor stoppage is embarrassing!!!!!!!

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Dana White is most likely laughing his ass off.

AnthonySoprano
    AnthonySoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Embarrassing loss???? you mean like Gsp tapping to strikes, BJ throwing in the towel, chuck being knocked out by air, machida being put to sleep, Lesnar scrambling around like a petite female.... oh yeah doctor stoppage is embarrassing!!!!!!!
    Unaware much?

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20421

Punching speed set Fedor apart; unfortunately speed is the first thing to go.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

honestly...dana white knew fedor was asking for too much.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Damn, that eye got ******.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Dana White is definitely looking like a genius

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol yea the "genius" picked Fedor to "win easily". Fedor needs to start drinking vodka again and have an actual gameplan when he fights

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    don't get me wrong, Fedor is a GREAT fighter, but he's been way overrated. Look at his opponent list. He's fought nobodies his entire career. When fat **** tim sylvia is one of the better fighters on that list, something is wrong. Now he's getting destroyed by second rate fighters in a second rate organization.
    Why does everyone seam to think the UFC is the end all of MMA? virtualy evry major fighter in mma history fought outside UFC at various points. Just because UFC has the best marketing dosent make them the pros and everyone elts is the b team. Fedor has beaten loads of great fighters and in outstanding fashion and usually by fighting there game and beating them at it. Fedor has beaten 5 UFC champions including a member of the UFC hall of fame. twice. 4 time K-1 champ Semmy Schilt Pride champ Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira as well as many top ranked contenders during his 12 title defences as pride champ. Renado "Babalu" Sobral. and it could be said Fedor's KO destroyed Andre Arlovski's chin as he has bean KO'ed easily in the 3 fights sence. He is well rounded ie. 8ko 16sub 7dec. he wins in every way. The man fights as a heavyweight weighing only 230 and the two losses he has faced in the twilight of his career comeing to a Bjj monster and top ranked MMA fighter Werdum and literally a Giant who has a mma record of 16-2. any argument that Fedor is not one of the best mma fighters of all time is just ridiculous. and while it is commonplace for idiots like us to clam he is overrated everyone actually involved in mma, with the exception of Dana White, respects Fedor as the legend that he is. 31-2.5-1

Poppa Catfish

I hate the UFC and I spell poorly grrrrrrrr
    ok, cool bro

Fedor has beaten loads of great fighters and in outstanding fashion and usually by fighting there game and beating them at it.
    Lies! When did Fedor beat Zulu in an eating contest? It never happened bub

Fedor has beaten 5 UFC champions including a member of the UFC hall of fame. twice. 4 time K-1 champ Semmy Schilt
    Hey! You almost perfectly described Funaki. I got to admit I have them both 1 and 2 on all time list.

Renado "Babalu" Sobral.
    Oh wow now you are bringing out the big guns!

and it could be said Fedor's KO destroyed Andre Arlovski's chin as he has bean KO'ed easily in the 3 fights sence.
    You could say that I knew Arianny intimately, I mean its completely ******* untrue, but you could say it!

He is well rounded ie. 8ko 16sub 7dec. he wins in every way.
    you don't know how to spell since, but you know ie. hmmmmm

The man fights as a heavyweight weighing only 230
    Renado "Babalu" Sobral must have been one of those heavyweights.

and the two losses he has faced in the twilight of his career comeing to a Bjj monster and top ranked MMA fighter Werdum and literally a Giant who has a mma record of 16-2. any argument that Fedor is not one of the best mma fighters of all time is just ridiculous.
    so beating Randleman Sylvia and Arlovski in their twilights and Coleman in his "midnights" counts as a positive but when Fedor loses its because he is in the twilight and should be weighed accordingly, ok gotcha

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think his eye is still swollen shut

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post
    Punching speed set Fedor apart; unfortunately speed is the first thing to go.
    Good at least i wasnt the only one who felt fedor would have hand speed advantage....

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

seriously...until the last several years,the ufc heavyweight division was absolutely disgraceful......

many of the young and uninformed on boards everywhere really never experienced pride in it`s heyday...and have no real frame of reference....when it was happening in real time..the violence(socker kicking guys when they were down,stomping)......the tournaments...the crazy pageantry of those japanese shows...the great rivalries that were created...

this stuff was legendary...it was much more evolved than the ufc in the early 2000`s....there was no comparison,imo...

it`s not really fair to discount or diminish all that those guys accomplished in their heyday(a time when the most productive thing that many of today`s fans were doing was soiling their dipe-dipes).......

just because when they moved on they were older and much more dog-eared than they were in their primes in their home organization doesn`t mean they didn`t earn their stripes...... they were brutal fights...they had some brutal rivalries...

any organization that produced guys like emelenankos,the nogueiras,henderson,rua,rampage,barnett, kharitonov , schilt,wedum,gomi,mirko,arona,matyushenk o,overeem, wanderlei silva,anderson silva,joachim hansen,paulo filho.......my god.....that`s amazing stuff.....

whats the rationale behind trying to diminish these guys?...we should all be thankful that these guys blazed the trail for all mma fans...

they were great in their primes...they dominated their time..and many are more than holding their own well into their 30`s....

it`s crazy and sort of sad seeing many solid and knowledgable mma fans denigrate these guys....this organization...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 02-14-11 at 07:24 AM.

First 123 Last