Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riots UFC 126 Full Card.

Thanks to hitting the Submission of The Night, i was able to walk away with 6.2 units last UFC. First we will walk thru each fight, then at the end, i will give you my plays. Here we go.

Michihiro Omigawa vs. Chad Mendes
    If you just look at the records, this seems to be a lock. Lets not forget however, That Omigawa is only a year and a half removed from TKOing Nam Phan. The power is there, but its hard to generate power off of your back, which is where i see Omigawa spending most of his time. A Judo throw or two might catch Mendes off guard, but i see him grinding out a nice boring blanket look alike contest. Bad for MMA, great for bettors.

CHAD MENDES Via Dec

Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly

I strongly feel that Kelly has one shot to win this fight, and that is with a devastating punch. Unfortunately, in order to get that punch, he must open up. Cerrone is more of a technically striker, and will dissolve Kellys "Work him in the stand up" Gameplan. When frustration sets in, Cerrone takes it to the ground, softens him up with punches and secures a submission.

Cerrone Via 2nd Rnd Submission

Kid Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson

I know what usually happens when Japanese fighters debut on the big stage, i know the The Kid is past his prime and Johnson is an up and coming fighter,well rounded with good wrestling, i know all that. That being said, when two guys with good wrestling go at it, it turns into a stand up war. Kid has much more power in the stand up game. This fight will be a good measuring stick to see how much he has left in the tank, it will come down to heart. I think Kid sets the pace early, catches his opponent and finishes him late in the 1st.

Yamamoto Via TKO Rnd 1

Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson
    This should be an interesting fight to watch. Its no secret that both guys want the fight on the ground, they just have different ideas when it gets there. I think for the most part that Good wrestling beats Good Jujitsu. You have to free your body, manipulate your opponent into the position you want, then apply your submission and finish him off. If one of those steps goes wrong, its back to step 1 when fighting a good wrestler. Step 1 should take the most time, and i see time running out on Robertson.

Mike Pierce Via Dec

Paul Taylor vs. Gabe Ruediger
    Gabe is a friend of mine, therefore i will not be able to pick this fight without any biased thoughts . It would no be fair of me to give a pick. Dont let the rumors fool you, Gabe is in amazing shape, he works out atleast twice a day, mostly 3 times a day doing crossfit and traveling all over southern California to train with many different people. He made weight with ease and was already back to 167 this morning. Taylor may have better strikes, but Gabe will be better on the ground. Should be a fun fight. Go Ruediger.

Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero
    I think this card is one of many potential FOTN candidates. Neither guy excels at striking, but they will duke it out. Romero has the wrestling edge, it just might take awhile for it to show up, but when it does, it will probably lead to a Romero submission.

Romero Via 3rd Rnd Submission.

Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
    Banuelos has KO power, but hes more of a grinder. Torres was thought to be unstopable for a long time, but his fall from grace was a hard and painful one. His aura may not be what it once was, but he still has his skill set. I see him winning the striking battle, forcing Banuelos to take it to the ground it hopes of some GnP, leading to submission.

Torres Via Submission Rnd 3

Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
    Rocha is, IMO , another over hyped Brazilian, who beat up on a bunch of nobodys to earn him a spot in the UFC. Most of the time, this does not end well for the Brazilians, especially when they are fighting the very underrated Jake Ellenberger. I think his striking is to much and his wrestling neutralizes Rochas BJJ.

Ellenberger 3rd Rnd TKO

Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones
    Jones has looked amazing against every wrestler he has faced. Janitor and Matt Hamill are GREAT wrestlers and he dismantled them. I Bader may have more wrestling credentials, but Jones uses his wrestling in MMA perfectly. Baders only real shot will be to shock the world and blanket Jones for 3 rounds, or land a big shot. Jones is so fast that this "Big shot" seems like quite the gamble in terms of betting on Bader to win. Also, Baders gas tank will syart running low the later this fight goes on. I think all signs point to Jones

Jones Via Dec

Forrest Griffin vs. Rich Franklin
    This should be a razor thin fight between two friends with similar styles, Griffin is bigger and can try and wear down Franklin, but i think Franklins game plan and conditioning will get him thru this. He is a master of making mid fight gameplan changes. Griffin has been caught many times in the stand up, im not sure if Franklin finishes the fight, but i think a few big shots will score him points.

[COLOR="SeaGreen)"]Franklin Via Dec[/COLOR]

Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort

I have waited for this fight for a long time, finally somebody who can KO Silva with his amazingly fast hands, we finally get a shot to see it and Belfort has gone it F$%#ed it up already. Belfort left striking coach Shawn Tompkins to wander around and train with different people ( like Mike Tyson). In the world of MMA, your going to have a hard time finding a better striking coach then Tompkins. Even at his best, Belfort would have a hard time beating Silva, but now its going to take a miracle. Its not like Silva doesnt know who Belfort is our what kind of power he posses. I think Silva baits him and lands a devastating counter strike and pounces to finish. I want Belfort to win, but its not looking good.

Silva Via TKO Rnd 1

Thats the card, now lets see where the best plays are.

1.2u NORIFUMI YAMAMOTO -120
    1.15u RICARDO ROMERO -115
    0.5u "FIGHT OF THE NIGHT" AWARD WINNER: PAUL KELLY VS. DONALD CERRONE +600
    0.5u "KO OF THE NIGHT" AWARD WINNER: NORIFUMI YAMAMOTO +1600
    0.5u "SUB OF THE NIGHT" AWARD WINNER: MIGUEL TORRES +500
    1.6u GRIFFIN VS FRANKLIN FIGHT DISTANCE: FIGHT GOES TO DECISION -160

Lot of good fights, i dont feel good about the juice on some of them, so thats what im playing. Best of luck !

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

GL tonight Riot. I see most of the fights the same way you do. And seeing you on KID makes me want to do what my instincts have been telling me to do all week and bet him but I already have a lot of bets for this card lol. I'm sure I will cave and get the itch before fight time!

Riot

7-3 on my picks. Once again, i am saved by a prop bet ><
    A small gain of 0.65u , but a gain is a gain i suppose.

Riot

oh yeah, Kelly and Cerrone won FOTN

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

You made some excellent calls. You were dead on, for a lot of fights.

Riot

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    You made some excellent calls. You were dead on, for a lot of fights.

Thanks bro ! i cant wait for the next one