View Poll Results: Which one are you more excited to watch?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • UFC 126

44 38.60%
  • SuperBowl XLV

52 45.61%
  • JJGold

18 15.79%
    BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

i voted for JJ .... cant wait till the next video

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you? What do you think Andersen Silva and Vitor Belfort started training first? Im pretty sure it was jiu jitsu and that can be said for probably 50% of pro fighters today.

Now for all of your real life scenerio shit. Grapplers fare the best in street fights as well. Back when I was less mature, and actually got into street fights, it was always the wrestlers who were the baddest dudes around. And, yes. I am looking to avoid a fight now. I am a professional and fighting has nothing for me. I train bjj which is great for my disipline, and physical and mental health. I have also boxed in the past, and Ill tell you that BJJ takes a far greater toll on my body.

And what's up whether the NJ hate, I think your watching too much TV.
    My Jersey hate comes from all you fukkers moving down here because Jersey sucks, but then trying to turn my city into Jersey. The reason my town rocks and jersey sucks, is because jersey is full of people from jersey. If you want things the way they are in jersey, stay the fuk in jersey.

And you're missing the whole fukking point.

Brazilian jiu-jitsu was designed specifically to help smaller weaker people defend themselves against a stronger/bigger/tougher opponent. READ: it's for pussies.

It is. I'm sorry. That's it's origin. Deal with it.

Now obviously not all grapplers are pussies. If a well trained grappler goes up against some numb-nut that doesn't know what he's doing, he's got enough tools in the bag where he can fuk that dude up royally in a couple seconds.

But if he's going up a similarly trained fighter, neither can quickly gain the upper-hand, and so it turns into a humping contest. And that's fukking gay.

Look man, the rules of UFC make it so that grappling is the easiest way to win. That's the only reason anyone gives a shit about grappling. And why people like yourself think it's this super cool badass thing. Grappling is a cheap way to fight. It's like being Law in tekken and doing nothing but the sweep kick the whole damn time. Will you win? Certainly. It's unstoppable. But you're a douchebag for doing it.

A match between two grapplers is not exciting for anyone to watch, except for those who are too dumb to realize what they are watching, or they just so happen to appreciate the art of grappling. And they can watch greco-roman wrestling or a judo tournament.

To anyone else, who's perhaps witnessed competitive fighting beyond UFC, and understands what they're watching, a fight between two grapplers is like watching the NBA turn a basketball game into the all-star 3 point shooting contest. It cheapens it. It neutralizes all the other aspects of the game. Hence my comment earlier: grapplers are the JJ Redicks of mma.

Maybe you've conned yourself into believing that watching two grown men slither around on the ground for three straight minutes and occasionally throwing a punch or elbow is exciting. I think it's lame. I think it's lame that UFC promotes rules that encourage their fighters to keep their distance in the hopes they can avoid having to fight, instead waiting for that one precise moment where they can swoop in and engage a submission hold. That to me, is for pansies. Maybe you don't see it that way. Maybe you're a Marshall Law player. But I do. And so does everyone else that just wants to see two dudes standing toe to toe and going at it.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    My Jersey hate comes from all you fukkers moving down here because Jersey sucks, but then trying to turn my city into Jersey. The reason my town rocks and jersey sucks, is because jersey is full of people from jersey. If you want things the way they are in jersey, stay the fuk in jersey.

Brazilian jiu-jitsu was designed specifically to help smaller weaker people defend themselves against a stronger/bigger/tougher opponent. READ: it's for pussies.

Now obviously not all grapplers are pussies. If a well trained grappler goes up against some numb-nut that doesn't know what he's doing, he's got enough tools in the bag where he can fuk that dude up royally in a couple seconds.

But if he's going up a similarly trained fighter, neither can quickly gain the upper-hand, and so it turns into a humping contest. And that's fukking gay.

Look man, the rules of UFC make it so that grappling is the easiest way to win. That's the only reason anyone gives a shit about grappling. And why people like yourself think it's this super cool badass thing. Grappling is a cheap way to fight. It's like being Law in tekken and doing nothing but the sweep kick the whole damn time. Will you win? Certainly. It's unstoppable. But you're a douchebag for doing it.

A match between two grapplers is not exciting for anyone to watch, except for those who are too dumb to realize what they are watching, or they just so happen to appreciate the art of grappling. And they can watch greco-roman wrestling or a judo tournament.

To anyone else, who's perhaps witnessed competitive fighting beyond UFC, and understands what they're watching, a fight between two grapplers is like watching the NBA turn a basketball game into the all-star 3 point shooting contest. It cheapens it. It neutralizes all the other aspects of the game. Hence my comment earlier: grapplers are the JJ Redicks of mma.

Maybe you've conned yourself into believing that watching two grown men slither around on the ground for three straight minutes and occasionally throwing a punch or elbow is exciting. I think it's lame. I think it's lame that UFC promotes rules that encourage their fighters to keep their distance in the hopes they can avoid having to fight, instead waiting for that one precise moment where they can swoop in and engage a submission hold. That to me, is for pansies. Maybe you don't see it that way. Maybe you're a Marshall Law player. But I do. And so does everyone else that just wants to see two dudes standing toe to toe and going at it.

Fair enough. Where are you from anyway?

The Madcap

And, where the f*ck are your friends? You have never been in a fight where you are locked up one on one with someone while your boys are scrapping too? Not suprising, you seem like enough of a d1ck that no one would be standing by your side.
    Most of my friends are pussies from the suburbs. They've never been in a real fight their whole damn lives. They're usually inside when I get mixed up into shit anyway. I'm usually the peacemaker that tries to calm shit down. A big fight puts everybody on edge and destroys the good time vibe. And while some chicks love violence, most women don't. It freaks them out and puts them in a defensive guard. Which is really to say, they start guarding their pussy. And if you're at the bar trying to get laid, well a fight can often destroy that chance.

So when I get into a fight, it's usually me walking into something where the instigators say "this isn't any of your damn business." So then I have to differ, which leads to them trying to push me around, which leads to me having to drag somebody by their shirt-collar into a news stand. And off we go. By the time my boys even realize what's happening, the fight's usually already over either because of security or randoms breaking it up, or the fact I'm a crazy fukking adrenaline junky and fukked a couple guys up so fast the rest wanted no part.

I'm not saying I'm the toughest dude on the block. Nor do I think I'd possibly stand a chance of not getting my ass kicked by a professional fighter. That's never been my argument. Never will be. And if you think that's my argument, it cause you're a fukking blockhead. All I'm saying is that I've never been in the situation where I have had the time to put a submission hold on somebody and wait for them to pass out like the boys in UFC.

I'll use choke holds like anybody else. It's a good way to force someone off balance and shove their head into a dumpster. And I'll use some "grappling" elements you might find in judo or jiu-jitsu, because when you're up against 3-4 guys it's just easier to throw them into shit than trying to land punches to knock them out. But in a one on one fight, I'm aiming to bash someone's skull in. Now maybe that's just me. Maybe I'd have saved myself a few bruises and stitches by putting a guy in a headlock and choking him out. But I think that's lame. I don't think it teaches anybody a lesson. Or maybe I just don't think it's enough of a punishment. Whatever the case. Have fun watching your hump fest tomorrow.

The Madcap

Fair enough. Where are you from anyway?
    NC.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

. Have fun watching your hump fest tomorrow.
    The Superbowl?!

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    The Superbowl?!
    Could be if Mendenhall has his way.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

NC.
    North Conneticut?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

If not for this thread, I wouldnt even know UFC had something going on tomorrow. UFC bores me....I have tried getting into it, but it's just a snooze fest to me. Never been a fan of individual sports.

Redskinskilla2010
    Redskinskilla2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really???

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, at first I would of said Super Bowl, but now that UFC is approaching, I have to say I'm looking forward to UFC A LOT more than I am the Super Bowl tomorrow. But of course if the Giants were playing tomorrow, it would no question be the Super Bowl.
    So looking forward to Bader-Jones and Vitor-Anderson right now.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

i will be resting tonight while yet another boring card is presented to us by the UFC

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    i will be resting tonight while yet another boring card is presented to us by the UFC
    Beyond retarded!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

WTF are you talking about madcap???

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

This is so boring, seriously.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    WTF are you talking about madcap???
    I'm on a two week losing streak and trying to quit smoking. Not in the mood to mince words. Watching some of the Kings game right now. Williams is tearing it up!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

rodgers is gonna kick polamalu in the face like anderson silva.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Ufc delivered tonight.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

That UFC shit sux. I only saw one knock out the whole night and they both act like they didn't wanna touch each other. That shit isn't even better than boxing. I know that's the new white sport and all and everyone who was in favor of it was probably white, but that shit doesn't compare to football.
    Last edited by Grind House; 02-06-11 at 01:01 AM.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    Ufc delivered tonight.
    Yes indeed

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

For the grappling haters, I thought that Elenberger/Rocha Round 1 was the most exciting round on the main card.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by Grind House View Post
    That UFC shit sux. I only saw one knock out the whole night and they both act like they didn't wanna touch each other. That shit isn't even better than boxing. I know that's the new white sport and all and everyone who was in favor of it was probably white, but that shit doesn't compare to football.
    Only 2 out of the 5 UFC champs are white.

With that said... Super bowl was more exiting than UFC was this weekend.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

UFC won, wasn't even close. There was not one moment in the SB that even came close to silva/belfort fight.

Get a room of people(non-fans of either superbowl team) and show them the superbowl

then show them silva/belfort

see what happens.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    UFC won, wasn't even close. There was not one moment in the SB that even came close to silva/belfort fight.

Get a room of people(non-fans of either superbowl team) and show them the superbowl

then show them silva/belfort

see what happens.

Mendes/Omigawa, Cerrone/Kelly, Kingsbu/Romero, Bader/Jones, 1st Round of Ellenberger/ROcha, Griffin/Franklin & of course the main event were all exciting for me and dont know how a non-MMA fan could not be entertained.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Only 2 out of the 5 UFC champs are white.

With that said... Super bowl was more exiting than UFC was this weekend.
    These dudes on here dont classify the likes of Anderson Silva as black black!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

For the grappling haters, I thought that Elenberger/Rocha Round 1 was the most exciting round on the main card.
    I agree, and any haters of grappling should check out the Gracie breakdown of that round...just proves that BJJ is the most technical sport out there.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by Grind House View Post
    I'm not knocking football at all but for you to say that Boxing is better than MMA is hilarious. Even when Boxing was in it's prime you'd be EXTREMELY lucky to get 2 or 3 good fights on the same card. And believe me... I use to be a HUGE boxing fan back in the 80's and 90's. But even then all I wanted to see was the Main Event on most cards. The UFC almost always has 5 solid match-ups and many times even more. The worst UFC card in the last 15 years is 10 times better than the best Boxing card in the last 15 years. I'm not talking just main event... I'm talking about the overall card.

First ... 4567