phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i love boxing

hope it sticks around, don't wana see it go down just because of football or basketball

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I dunno what boxing has to do with football or basketball? But I used to be a big boxing fan too. Sad what it has become.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

Everyone knows football and basketball will be the death of boxing. It's just a matter of time. Sorry philly.

phillybadboy

edit

kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I dunno what boxing has to do with football or basketball? But I used to be a big boxing fan too. Sad what it has become.
    I hate it when people say this. Boxing is still the same great product it was years ago, its just run HORRIBLY.

The reason boxing is still around today is because its such a great sport. Boxing fans put up with an UNHEARD of amount of bullshit, and it is still a successful sport where its top athletes make millions.

Your telling me if Basketball had 100 different champions at one time, if the champions had to pay a fee to stay the champion, and if the champions got stripped for being injured or not playing bogus mandatory games, that basketball would be a mainstream sport?

Its true that more kids are getting into these other sports like bball and football, but they ALWAYS have. Its a school sponsored sport and it promises a better chance of making more money and having a longer career. That's not why boxing is in a hole right now. not even close

phillybadboy

i just hope boxing keeps creating new stars, once pacquiao, and mayweather and people like that retire

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I'm a huge MMA fan, have never been into boxing. I'd love to get to know the sport, I just don't know any fighters other than the greats.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

check out david lemieux, dmitry pirog, sergio martinez

there are a lot of good middleweights out there.

phillybadboy

i'm gona keep an eye out on them