danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

What would the line be: Diaz vs Miller

What do you guys think the line would be if Jason Miller and Nick Diaz actually fought? And do you think the weight they settle to fight at would have a big effect on the line?

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I don't think this fight will happen because "Homie is scurred." My guess would be Diaz -215 Miller +175 or somewhere around that to open.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

miller would take him down and ground out a decision.diaz is never going to fight him.

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

if Mayhem ever wanted to fight him all he had to do was cut weight. simple as that.

agree with Hoff's line assessment and Diaz wins any which way he wants.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i think Hoffs line is about right... unless Miller comes down to diaz weight class... then maybe a little higher for diaz since miller might have trouble cutting that much weight.

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys...why would a champion MOVE UP in weight to fight someone that does not have a name? (besides bully beat down fame)

That is like Edgar moving up in weight to fight GSP, or GSP moving up to fight Silva at his weight. Crazy....if mayhem wants the fight so bad...he fights on the champs terms. Diaz has two fights he can do where the other fighter has a better ranking than Mayhem....Why would he go slumming out of his weight class?

Check the MMA forums...all you see is Diaz coverage. The only and I mean only Mayhem coverage you see is when he makes a youtube rant about fighting Diaz.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by thefastship View Post
    Guys...why would a champion MOVE UP in weight to fight someone that does not have a name? (besides bully beat down fame)

That is like Edgar moving up in weight to fight GSP, or GSP moving up to fight Silva at his weight. Crazy....if mayhem wants the fight so bad...he fights on the champs terms. Diaz has two fights he can do where the other fighter has a better ranking than Mayhem....Why would he go slumming out of his weight class?

Check the MMA forums...all you see is Diaz coverage. The only and I mean only Mayhem coverage you see is when he makes a youtube rant about fighting Diaz.
    Well lots of hardcore fans think GSP absolutely has to move up to face Silva. It is crazy, but you have to realize that in this case its not as crazy seeing as how incredibly shallow most of Strikeforce's weight classes are. They already are out of name threats, and that is after throwing up 4 wins in his last 10 fights Cyborg. The Miller fight has a great story line and a fighter with a little name value, seems like a good way to use both fighters.

Also Diaz would be smart just to take the fight at the higher weight class, either way he is going to get smothered, at least at the higher weight class he has a decent excuse. Great way to make it a no lose situation.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 02-02-11 at 07:06 AM.

thefastship

The Daley fight is the must make fight. Daley is a top ten opponent according to the rankings released today on mmaweekly. That fight will be a great barometer on where Nick Diaz now ranks compared to the current UFC class.

Keep in mind in regards to GSP and Anderson Silva...they are two current champions that are in talks to fight for big money. I mean big money. Huge PPV numbers.

Diaz vs Miller would be free on Showtime and Miller is not ranked anywhere. From a business point of view, Diaz would be stupid to take the fight regardless of if he wants to fight him or not.

Poppa Catfish

If beating Scott Smith makes you top 10, then there has to be 20 or so fighters in the top 10.

Leaving the UFC really does wonders to your ranking, that much is true.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 02-02-11 at 10:15 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    If beating Scott Smith makes you top 10, then there has to be 20 or so fighters in the top 10.

Leaving the UFC really does wonders to your ranking, that much is true.
    WTF Stop sucking Dana White's balls bro! Didnt u see what Daley did to Koscheck (after the bell)!

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Miller has little chance Daley is a much bigger threat

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

WTF Stop sucking Dana White's balls bro! Didnt u see what Daley did to Koscheck (after the bell)!
    Yeah bro but Koscheck is such a can! Look at that lack of head movement (after the bell), plus the guy was so passive (after the bell)

He does have a heck of a chin, I'll give him that. After all Daley hit him squarely on the chin with a sucker punch, but I still think he is a total can.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Yeah bro but Koscheck is such a can! Look at that lack of head movement (after the bell), plus the guy was so passive (after the bell)

He does have a heck of a chin, I'll give him that. After all Daley hit him squarely on the chin with a sucker punch, but I still think he is a total can.
    ha yeah Daley definitley deserves to be ahead of Carlos CANdit!

thefastship

The rankings are all bs anyway. Look at the top ten WW's. I think that Cyborg could hang or beat Condit,Lytle, and Koscheck.
    WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)
    1. Georges St-Pierre
    2. Jon Fitch
    3. Jake Shields
    4. Thiago Alves
    5. Josh Koscheck
    6. Nick Diaz
    7. Paul Daley
    8. Martin Kampmann
    9. Carlos Condit
    10. Chris Lytle

mightyminnow