koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Feijao Is The Dog Against Hendo Next Money!!! Great Line

Feijao looked terrific against Mo Lawal. Awesome takedown defense, couldn't be kept down, and was patient, lethal and accurate with his shots standing, almost like a mini Anderson Silva. No surprise that he actually trains with The Spider. While Hendo is an all-time great, he's had many underwhelming performances in his career, earning himself the nickname "Decision Dan." He arguably lost to mid level guys like Murilo Rua and Yuki Kondo, while getting some fortunate decisions against Rich Franklin and Murilo Bustamante. This whole concept that he is better at 205 is actually a bit of myth. Many of his underwhelming performances have been at 205. And don't forget, at 205, he's at a size disadvantage should he wish to grapple.

Clearly, if you're having doubts about taking Feijao, you're thinking about the Mike Kyle loss. Aside from being unmotivated for that fight, Kyle is a lethal striker, who almost put away top HWs like Werdum and Bigfoot Silva with strikes. While Hendo hits extremely hard, he is extremely untechnical and easy to prepare against. He misses a large majority of shots he throws and doesn't have the speed to go blow for blow with Feijao.

5dimes has Feijao at +130. I think that's awesome value, since I expect him to beat the declining 40 year old. I'm wondering if he'll be the first to TKO Dan. I think it's extremely possible with his power and Hendo's age.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

His line will only improve IMO, I would wait a bit longer before taking +130.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I expected Feijao to be the favorite. Hendo is not Randy Couture. And even if this was a battle of guys in their prime, I'd still favor Feijao. Much better technical striker with insane KO power. Hendo's chin isn't infallible.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Looks like he was a -140 fav and Hendo opened at even money. So the early money has come out on Hendo

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I like Fejao in this fight. Can't believe his line was at +230 at one point. Never even caught it! I'm going to wait and hopefully more will come in on Hendo due to his name recognition. I'll take Fejao at anything +150 or higher.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I like Fejao in this fight. Can't believe his line was at +230 at one point. Never even caught it! I'm going to wait and hopefully more will come in on Hendo due to his name recognition. I'll take Fejao at anything +150 or higher.
    WTF?! His line was never at +230...he came out as the favourite at -140!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Nevermind, apparently it was a typo by Jordan in the other thread. I was freaking out when I saw it!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    His line will only improve IMO, I would wait a bit longer before taking +130.
    As I thought, still rising...now at +160, wouldnt be surprised if it reaches +200

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Just got Fejao at bodog +200! Had to play it.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Just got Fejao at bodog +200! Had to play it.

lol you play some smallllll wagers.

no disrespect meant though, just making note of it.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Hey, we can't all be high rollers! I bet moreso to make the sport enjoyable. I have a real job for steady income.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

I just played +200 as well. This line is way off imo. Hendersen always has a questionable gas tank. If he doesnt finish by mid second, I think there is a great chance this fight turns out to be like the lawal fight. Also, at +200 I think you can scalp this later.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Feijao looked terrific against Mo Lawal. Awesome takedown defense, couldn't be kept down, and was patient, lethal and accurate with his shots standing, almost like a mini Anderson Silva. No surprise that he actually trains with The Spider. While Hendo is an all-time great, he's had many underwhelming performances in his career, earning himself the nickname "Decision Dan." He arguably lost to mid level guys like Murilo Rua and Yuki Kondo, while getting some fortunate decisions against Rich Franklin and Murilo Bustamante. This whole concept that he is better at 205 is actually a bit of myth. Many of his underwhelming performances have been at 205. And don't forget, at 205, he's at a size disadvantage should he wish to grapple.

Clearly, if you're having doubts about taking Feijao, you're thinking about the Mike Kyle loss. Aside from being unmotivated for that fight, Kyle is a lethal striker, who almost put away top HWs like Werdum and Bigfoot Silva with strikes. While Hendo hits extremely hard, he is extremely untechnical and easy to prepare against. He misses a large majority of shots he throws and doesn't have the speed to go blow for blow with Feijao.

5dimes has Feijao at +130. I think that's awesome value, since I expect him to beat the declining 40 year old. I'm wondering if he'll be the first to TKO Dan. I think it's extremely possible with his power and Hendo's age.
    King Mo is a baby in this sport. You can watch his stand up and see he has a long way to go. Not wise to compare him to Dangerous Dan. The rest of your reasoning makes sense, but I wouldn't use the king mo fight to help me handicap the henderson fight.

ttrace35

Also. Mike Kyle has power, but, a leathal striker??? Really??? C'mon man.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

the value is with feijao, but Hendo is extremely hard to finish, so i'll be really impressed if feijao pulls it off.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Still +200 which is somewhat suprising to me. However, Bodog doesnt take any pro/sharp action. I assume that is why they hang what appears to me off numbers for longer periods because they dont have as many players maxing them out. Or, maybe they just take a stance on some MMA fights.

Thinking back, I feel like more times than not when I have used a Bodog MMA line to scalp, it was the other book where I was hitting the winner. I could be mistaken though. And I am basically just rambling thoughts here.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Henderson is durable and has some power, but has slowed down. I remember the Bisping fight it really showed. His striking was better and he was landing better shots, but he wasn't really dominating rounds. Had Bisping avoided the super punch it's hard to say if the decision would have gone Hendo's way. I still like Henderson overall, but at +200 Feijao has to be the right play.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

im thinking hendo has topped out too. gotten old. also not being in the ufc is bad for his motivation.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I had to throw him in a small parlay with Demetrious Page. Pays over 5 to 1!!

I just hope Hendo doesn't connect with a big shot.

SportSharpener
    SportSharpener's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Still +200 which is somewhat suprising to me. However, Bodog doesnt take any pro/sharp action. I assume that is why they hang what appears to me off numbers for longer periods because they dont have as many players maxing them out. Or, maybe they just take a stance on some MMA fights. Thinking back, I feel like more times than not when I have used a Bodog MMA line to scalp, it was the other book where I was hitting the winner. I could be mistaken though. And I am basically just rambling thoughts here.
    Well the line got beat up at 5dimes with $100 limits, so +200 doesn't seem crazy when the line is headed that way. Bodog is also notorious for having the best available dog price, especially when it's a significant dog.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    I had to throw him in a small parlay with Demetrious Page. Pays over 5 to 1!!

I just hope Hendo doesn't connect with a big shot.
    Ha Did Demetrious Johnson and Damacio Page morph in to one after their last fight!

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

The mouse of death!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    The mouse of death!

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Henderson is durable and has some power, but has slowed down. I remember the Bisping fight it really showed. His striking was better and he was landing better shots, but he wasn't really dominating rounds. Had Bisping avoided the super punch it's hard to say if the decision would have gone Hendo's way. I still like Henderson overall, but at +200 Feijao has to be the right play.
    That's hendo's game plan. One big shot. Usually an overhand right. So, its hard to say "If Bisping avoided the super punch". He didn't. He got clubbed with it just as planned. I ben watching hendo almost ten years now. To me, its all about motivation with that dude. Piss him off like bisping did, and that will be the result. Lot of times he is un motivated.

a

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    That's hendo's game plan. One big shot. Usually an overhand right. So, its hard to say "If Bisping avoided the super punch". He didn't. He got clubbed with it just as planned. I ben watching hendo almost ten years now. To me, its all about motivation with that dude. Piss him off like bisping did, and that will be the result. Lot of times he is un motivated.
    Dead on right. You can count on a couple of hands, the people that would have won if only they had avoided the overhand right. They didn't and neither did Bisping. This is as trace says, nothing new.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

So i'm assuming you guys think the line for Feijo will be steady or drop a little bit thats why you are not waiting till the fight, is this right?

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    King Mo is a baby in this sport. You can watch his stand up and see he has a long way to go. Not wise to compare him to Dangerous Dan. The rest of your reasoning makes sense, but I wouldn't use the king mo fight to help me handicap the henderson fight.
    If you watched Hendo and Lawals fights you would see there is a clear difference in skill level, and not in the way your suggesting.

Sad when ppl on a betting forum don't watch fights.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    If you watched Hendo and Lawals fights you would see there is a clear difference in skill level, and not in the way your suggesting.

Sad when ppl on a betting forum don't watch fights.
    What are you talking about. I been watching these fights a lot longer than you. You are agreeing with me by saying there is a clear difference in skill level. So what's the problem. King Mo is a baby. Hendo is a veteran. Wtf are you talking about really?

ttrace35

I'm really curious to wtf your talking about. You can watch King Mo for 30 seconds and see that he is not an accomplished striker. YOU must not be watching the fights. Dope.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ha u sound a bit riled Trace?!

ttrace35

Ha u sound a bit riled Trace?!
    I just dunno wtf this dude is talking about? I would love to hear more. I don't understand what point he is trying to argue?

Squareguy

Ha Did Demetrious Johnson and Damacio Page morph in to one after their last fight!

It was late! Leave me alone!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

It was late! Leave me alone!
    Ha We've all been ther! Anyway, Im off to watch some training footage of Chad Omigawa.

Squareguy

Ha We've all been ther! Anyway, Im off to watch some training footage of Chad Omigawa.
    I understand he's been looking great in training.

Poppa Catfish

I understand he's been looking great in training.

12 Last