harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Bet Settlement Question

If a total rounds prop on an MMA fight with five minute rounds is 2.5 and the fight ends after 2:00 of the 3rd round is under or over the winner?

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

UNDER, lost by 30 seconds

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

i think under

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

If you're saying the fight ended at 3:00 of Round No 3...then it's an Under

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

after 2 minutes and 30 seconds have passed in the round, the over hits. before that, its the under.

harvesters

Cool, I bet under and just put a dispute form in as they scored it a loser. It was kind of funny, they first told me that when it starts the third round it is over 2.5 and I said that would be over 2.0 and they agreed. They then said that the fight ended with 2 minutes to go in the third round and I then sent them the fight on youtube, gave them an espn.com narrative describing the fight as ending 2 minutes into round 3 and another site's quick results as well. They said they would get back to me. Over an hour went by so I contacted them again and they said the third round started so it was over as per the rules. There is nothing in the rules about boxing or mma rounds. I'm so pissed!

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21681

Final time is scored starting from 0 up. So if a fight is scored at 2:00 minutes of the third round, 2:00 minutes elapsed in that round before the end of the fight.
    Last edited by spurginobili; 01-30-11 at 07:56 PM.

harvesters

There was exactly 3:00 on the clock (which counts down from 5:00) when the fight ended in the third round. What pisses me off is they told me I was right about what under 2.5 meant and then when they realized they scored the wager incorrectly they reverted back to saying over 2.5 is when round 3 starts. It sucks because they've been a very fair site so far, and I'm out a good chunk of change!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

It is obviously an UNDER, just file a complaint with SBR.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Any boxing bets I've made were based on at the end of round x when the o/u is x.5 rounds.

I'd assume the same would be correct for MMA.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

you won the bet, it definitely went under. half of 5 minutes is 2 min 30 seconds...what is so hard for them to figure out? They are either retarded or thought you wouldnt dispute it...either way you won.

xelance

by the way, was this bookmaker that did this????

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

this site probably has a list of rules you can read. on second thought, you should check and see what their rules are to see if you can read that for yourself.

and the wording might be over/under 2.5 rounds completed.

harvesters

It was partybets, I hate to bitch about them because I really liked their book before today, - absolutely nothing in their rules about this:

https://www.partybets.com/services_rules.ap?loc=CA

harvesters

Glitch - No sir, they initially tried the once the third round starts it's over 2.5 rounds angle and then admitted that was incorrect. They then said the fight ended with 2 minutes to go in the third round and when they realized that was incorrect they reverted back to their original argument, which they admitted was wrong. The prop is total rounds not total rounds completed. I do appreciate your thought process though, this is the kind of insight I was looking for. Actually, if it was total rounds completed the under would still be the winner.

xelance

that is horrible, definitely report it to SBR if they do nothing about it. You deserve that cash.

harvesters

thanks x - already done

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

The only way I've ever seen total rounds completed bets are worded as "will the fight start round x". I've never seen it any other way.

harvesters

urge - I've seen that to. This wasn't that. The line was 2.5 total rounds.

xelance

yep, they had the same 2.5 line at Bookmaker

GoGoGadget
    GoGoGadget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3088

Is this the Souza Lawler fight? I had the same bet as you and lost and I have been emailing them as well...

I've never seen this before its like they're judging it like its the same as o/u 2. Where is my half round??

GoGoGadget

They are judging it like its an over under in hockey or something. Say its 4.5, once the 5th goal comes its over.
    There's no such thing as half a goal, but there is such thing as half a round... i don't get it

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post
    Actually, if it was total rounds completed the under would still be the winner.
    good point. yeah its weird that they're pulling this. goodluck. keep us updated.

GoGoGadget

Here is the last email I received today.

"I'd like to inform you that every bookmaking site would consider this bet as a losing one as those are the rules. There was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round. We do not consider whether it has been ended in 3 round on the 2nd second or the last one.
    Please note that we have added all of the information and the bet stands loosing one as per the rules, further emails regarding this topic will be disregarded."

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Scam.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

You got scam'd.

What's their customer service email?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post

"I'd like to inform you that every bookmaking site would consider this bet as a losing one as those are the rules. There was a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round. We do not consider whether it has been ended in 3 round on the 2nd second or the last one.
    Please note that we have added all of the information and the bet stands loosing one as per the rules, further emails regarding this topic will be disregarded."
    How can they say that they do not consider whether it has been ended in 3 round on the 2nd second or the last one if the bet was for under 2.5?!

Have you asked for SBR's assistance?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGadget View Post

Bullshit! The total rounds was 2.5, not 2 which is what in essence they are basing their grading on. The UNDER 2.5 rounds is a WINNER at every other bookmaking site in the world, as the fight did not reach the 2:30 mark of the third round. There is no gray area here, this is downright theft. If you filed complaint with SBR, you should win as partybets has no leg to stand on here.

GoGoGadget

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bullshit! The total rounds was 2.5, not 2 which is what in essence they are basing their grading on. The UNDER 2.5 rounds is a WINNER at every other bookmaking site in the world, as the fight did not reach the 2:30 mark of the third round. There is no gray area here, this is downright theft. If you filed complaint with SBR, you should win as partybets has no leg to stand on here.
    How do I go about doing this? they have not responded to my last email.

Also, OP any updates on your efforts?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

THank you for the heads up.