NinjaShoes
    NinjaShoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

TUF 13 Finale...Guida vs Pettis

Is anyone as pumped for this fight as I am? Im a huge Pettis fan so obviously im rooting for him to smash Guida and his stupid ass head movement off his shoulders. Big test for Pettis though as Guida has looked good as of late, even finishing fights. Thoughts?

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

this is a bad fight for pettis IMO. Guida has been looking better and better for his last few fights and you can see the difference in his gameplanning and fight IQ in the cage from training and being cornered by Jackson, so it's going to be a very tough test for the UFC newcomer.

On the bright side Pettis has shown very clearly that he can scramble and sweep with the best of them, and his striking is something to be feared. He has the makings of a great top level UFC lightweight. Possibly even champ in a few years, but definitely a welcome refreshment from the wrestleboxer image that LW is assuming at the top level. Pettis is bringing something new.

I'm curious to see how the lines come out for this. I'm hoping Guida is underrated just like Bocek but we'll see...

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I would root for Pettis, but my money will probably be on guida.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

razor close fight to call, both very unusual styles, still undecided but leaning towards petitis

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

My only complaint is why is this fight taking place in June? That's 5-6 months away. Are either one of these guys hurt? I don't think so. I don't know why Zuffa can't make this fight sooner. A lot sooner. It will be a big layoff for Pettis.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Guida just fought, what, 3 weeks ago? If the fighters want a month off, let them.