WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Evander Holyfield Still Fighting

I don't keep up with boxing these days because there's not much to keep up with. I will say I was surprised to see that Evander Holyfield was still getting into the ring. Holyfield was in a Saturday night match when he was cut above the left eye by an accidental head butt in the second round by Sherman Williams. The contest was stopped and ruled a no-contest. Get this! Holyfield retained the World Boxing Federation heavyweight title. Holyfield has to be around 50 years old and is a WBF champion. Now I know why I lost interest in boxing.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

He must have some serious brain damage and wil be a complete veggie in 5 years.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

lol. sbr wanted me to do a write-up for this fight.

I declined.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Get this! Holyfield retained the World Boxing Federation heavyweight title. Holyfield has to be around 50 years old and is a WBF champion. Now I know why I lost interest in boxing.

Of course he retained his belt with a no contest... and of course his WBF belt holds about as much prestige as a little league baseball trophy. Evander isn't the least bit relevant in boxing. He can't ever get licensed again in Nevada or California, HBO & Showtime won't air his fights, and the the Klitschko brothers (the real heavyweight champions) have stated they won't box him. Hardcore boxing fans like me and casual sports fans have no interest in seeing his career continue.

Holyfield's personal quest to turn his brain into oatmeal is only of interest to Holyfield and his 4+ baby mommas who want the checks to keep rolling in. The pathetic end of his career says nothing about the sport of boxing.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

How can you say a little league trophy holds no prestige?