Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Anthony's Underdog Picks!

This thread is going to be nothing but underdogs. I don't know how many underdog picks I will have but I'm going to try to have at least one pick per event. My goal is to hit at least 50% over the long haul. I will be going by win percentage and total units.

All picks are going to be for 1 unit! This may change eventually but for now all picks are going to be for 1 unit.

First pick - Bigfoot Silva +315 1 unit to win 3.15 units

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Jordan23; 01-24-11 at 02:11 PM.

Jordan23

Adding Ryan Bader +280 1 unit to win 2.80 units

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Good stuff... I usually play 75% dogs and 25% favs and have been coming out on top overall.

I'm in on Bigfoot at +400 (bodog opening line) and Bader at +250 (wish I had got him earlier).

I feel that both of these guys have legit chances to win, although I'm more confident in Bader.

Also liking Jorge Rivera at +300 as I feel he's being undervalued due to his age and Bispings hype.
    I'm seeing a TKO in this one on one side or the other.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Good stuff... I usually play 75% dogs and 25% favs and have been coming out on top overall. I'm in on Bigfoot at +400 (bodog opening line) and Bader at +250 (wish I had got him earlier). I feel that both of these guys have legit chances to win, although I'm more confident in Bader. Also liking Jorge Rivera at +300 as I feel he's being undervalued due to his age and Bispings hype. I'm seeing a TKO in this one on one side or the other.
    Agreed.

I really want Fedor to win.. but at that price I have to be realistic. I think underdogs is where the money is at! I also like Jorge Rivera too.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Good mindset Jordan. Fedor is incredible... but I think he's finally fighting competition that can handle him and his age and fights have to be catching up. Bigfoot seems to be overlooked by most, but he has the sub defense and awareness to hold his own and heavy hands himself and not easy to KO w/ that solid noggin. It's a win win for you as a Fedor fan. Fedor wins, it was worth the little cash you lost. Fedor loses, you make some change.

I forgot to add that I put 1u on CB Dolloway also. Munoz should probably be the fav b/c he's fought tougher competition, but I think the lines should be closer to even. +185 for CB is tasty. I hate the guy w/ a passion, but he seems to improve more in every fight... while I've never been that impressed w/ Munoz.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Good mindset Jordan. Fedor is incredible... but I think he's finally fighting competition that can handle him and his age and fights have to be catching up. Bigfoot seems to be overlooked by most, but he has the sub defense and awareness to hold his own and heavy hands himself and not easy to KO w/ that solid noggin. It's a win win for you as a Fedor fan. Fedor wins, it was worth the little cash you lost. Fedor loses, you make some change. I forgot to add that I put 1u on CB Dolloway also. Munoz should probably be the fav b/c he's fought tougher competition, but I think the lines should be closer to even. +185 for CB is tasty. I hate the guy w/ a passion, but he seems to improve more in every fight... while I've never been that impressed w/ Munoz.
    I agree. That's how I look at it. A win win for me.

I am keeping an eye on the Dolloway line. Not sure whether or not I'm going to pull the trigger. You feel a lot more confident than I do so maybe it's worth taking a look at. Good luck with your picks!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I think ud be better off taking Dolloway by decision if ur goign to take him at all. He doesnt have the KO power to knock Munoz out and Munoz has decent sub defence. I'll be taking the fight to go to decision personally.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Sorry Anthony, but I don't like the first 3 dogs you have listed. However, I am liking Dollaway at +185 . Good luck though.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love rivera +300. i think he has a great shot at getting the tko

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

+ fighters and props are the way to go (unless it is a total one sided match up).

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I don't see bigfoot winning but anything is possible. The underdogs right now are solid fighters.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

gl Jordan. I'm a fan of your first two plays.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    gl Jordan. I'm a fan of your first two plays.
    Thanks a lot man!

Jordan23

Adding Gray Maynard +110 1 unit to win 1.10 units

Jordan23

Adding Scott Carson +240 1 unit to win 2.4 units

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I thought about playing Carson but I don't know anything about him.

Poppa Catfish

He was retired for 9 years and came back only to get knocked out in the first round. Only has 5 fights under his belt.

Searching for video of his early fights is futile, since it was before VHS had been invented.

Poppa Catfish

oh and the record of the guys Carson beat is a combined 1-8

but since none of these fights happened in UFC, they can't be considered cans

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha yeah he should probly be more like +400 even against Walker!

Poppa Catfish

I'm thinking people would take a poorly nourished 10 year old boy with hemophilia against Walker at +600, citing that its "good value"

but maybe the 9 years off just means Carson is well rested

urge2kill

Carson appears to be a sacrificial lamb.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Carson appears to be a sacrificial lamb.
    You're probably right and Walker will probably will.. but I just have a feeling so I'm going with it.

Poppa Catfish

Well Scott does train at Reign Training Center, which is either in an abandoned warehouse or his basement. Walker is training at the little known place called AKA. I would certainly give that advantage to Scott.

Plus Scott is clearly the better athlete of the two, and he is obviously more experienced.

So saying that he is a sacrificial lamb is pretty off, imo

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Well Scott does train at Reign Training Center, which is either in an abandoned warehouse or his basement. Walker is training at the little known place called AKA. I would certainly give that advantage to Scott. Plus Scott is clearly the better athlete of the two, and he is obviously more experienced. So saying that he is a sacrificial lamb is pretty off, imo
    Basement training is some of the best training you could possibly have! Didn't you know?

vero8o
    vero8o's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Dollaway at +190. Good luck

VictorRoll
    VictorRoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Basement training is some of the best training you could possibly have! Didn't you know?
    Crocop trains in his basement. Fact. Seriously.

Jordan23

Quote Originally Posted by vero8o View Post
    I like Dollaway at +190. Good luck
    That's a pick I am keeping my eye on but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Good luck!

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    I said that he has that advantage

I am super amped for this fight. Too bad they couldn't get Randy and do a strikeforce tournament for 40 year olds.

Jordan23

I said that he has that advantage I am super amped for this fight. Too bad they couldn't get Randy and do a strikeforce tournament for 40 year olds.
    Well if they had a tourny for 40 year olds I have a feeling Hendo would take it!

urge2kill

Strikeforce.com doesn't list Carson on their roster. I googled Scott Carson mma, went to images and 95% of them are photos of Walker.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

anybody like Lawler +205 vs Souza????

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL with your bets.I dont see Fedor being beat by Silva

Jordan23

0-1 -1.0 units.

Poppa Catfish

Best thing about playing big dogs is you don't have to go much better than 40%, you will get on the winning track soon.

I think we need to face the facts that underdogs almost never win on Strikeforce main event cards, there are some good dogs (like Moore) on the undercard, but the main card fights are practically set up with an ending and most stick to script.

Jordan23

Best thing about playing big dogs is you don't have to go much better than 40%, you will get on the winning track soon. I think we need to face the facts that underdogs almost never win on Strikeforce main event cards, there are some good dogs (like Moore) on the undercard, but the main card fights are practically set up with an ending and most stick to script.
    I couldn't agree more. Sometimes it's a bad idea to play "hand picked" opponents. But I'll get back on track soon. My goal is 50% so hopefully things will get good.

12 Last