rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

machida on the chopping block?....

http://mmafrenzy.com/17342/machida-o...or-title-shot/

he loses to rua and loses a razor-thin decision to jackson that i personally though was total b.s.....machida did the only real work of the fight in the 3rd.....

so,now he`s gonna get cut if he loses?.....

white`s losing me.....he`s had a large part in the ufc`s success...but i think it`s all gone to his head....and he`s gonna jump the shark soon if he doesn`t get his shit together and stop playing little napoleon.....

step back from the limelight,dana..the product is just fine(aside from the judging)...leave it alone...an elite ,young,talented pro doesn`t need you prodding him....i guarantee machida could get huge money at strikeforce...

on the positive side,thiago silva/jackson is a stylistic match-up that was made in heaven...should have happened already...

for me,as anticipated a fight as i can remember........worth the price of admission alone...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Maybe it's a mind game to try an motivate Machida to finish the fight in style

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I agree, that Rampage fight was a joke, the judges gave it to him because he was walking forward. He didnt do anything significant to win.

Machida will beat Couture though, hes still one of the best, he just need to be a little more aggressive

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

couture will beat machida.all he needs to do is push him to the cage and use his dirty boxing to win by points.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    couture will beat machida.all he needs to do is push him to the cage and use his dirty boxing to win by points.
    Haha. When has Machida ever been pushed into the cage and worked? Couture is the best at dirty boxing, but I think he's going to be chasing Machida all night while he gets picked apart. I know it's hard to ever count Randy out... but I truly believe he's stopped in this one.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Machida is too elusive for Couture.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

if machida cant beat a 47 year old man he should probably stop fighting, and a cut would be justified

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

What makes Machida special? Most people lose 2 or 3 straight in the UFC and get fired. Why would he get a pass?

And for the record, Rua should have beat him twice.

Who won the Rampage fight was irrelevant. I think they both looked like shit. Lyoto would have still been in the hot seat.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I dont care for Machida, but I doubt he's gone with a loss to Couture.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

nah hes got job security ppl still love the karate guy, plus i think he destroys juicy couture

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

if machida loses i dont mind him being cut. i was a little "wtf" at first but dana made an interesting comment that changed my mind.

when machida won the title i really thought it was the "machida era" and i still somewhat believe that. i think he lost to rampage by bad judging but if he loses to couture... than he really was overhyped and might deserve to be cut (simply to rewrite his contract) because im sure he's being paid a sh!t ton right now.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

they won't let him go to strikeforce. not yet anyway

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I agree if he loses to an old man that he should easily beat that he was at least somewhat overrated. Still one of my favorite fighters though. "now the Dragon is the champion." Good stuff.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

well,i`m not a dana fan...i respect what he`s done with the ufc.......but i blame his rhetoric for some of the bogus judging(fights being scored like a "tug of war" instead of an actual mixed martial arts fight) recently.....i`d love for him to take a step back....of course it`s his toy,so(yada ,yada,yada)...........

that said....i`m surprised that there wasn`t more converstion about jackson/silva....this should be the kind of fight that dana seems to have a real hard on for.....and this kind of match-up tempers my dislike for white...this is match-making on steroids...

while i enjoy grapplers and all types of skills and styles,this fight has the potential to be thunderdome-esqe......

i`m goosed about this match-up....

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the Machida era....

Joe Rogan saw this coming.

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    if machida cant beat a 47 year old man he should probably stop fighting, and a cut would be justified
    U totally forgot to add he's a 47 year old on HHHHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

doubt he'd cut Machida with a 3rd loss. Imagine adding recently "cut" UFC fights Machida/Ortiz/Vera to StrikeForce roster Henderson, Lawal, Cavalcante, Mousasi, Babalu. Some instant recognition, or a LightHeavyweight Grand Prix

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    well,i`m not a dana fan...i respect what he`s done with the ufc.......but i blame his rhetoric for some of the bogus judging(fights being scored like a "tug of war" instead of an actual mixed martial arts fight) recently.....i`d love for him to take a step back....of course it`s his toy,so(yada ,yada,yada)...........

that said....i`m surprised that there wasn`t more converstion about jackson/silva....this should be the kind of fight that dana seems to have a real hard on for.....and this kind of match-up tempers my dislike for white...this is match-making on steroids...

while i enjoy grapplers and all types of skills and styles,this fight has the potential to be thunderdome-esqe......

i`m goosed about this match-up....
    Yeah it's gonna be sick and a lot of angry faces pulled!

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    http://mmafrenzy.com/17342/machida-o...or-title-shot/

he loses to rua and loses a razor-thin decision to jackson that i personally though was total b.s.....machida did the only real work of the fight in the 3rd.....

so,now he`s gonna get cut if he loses?.....

white`s losing me.....he`s had a large part in the ufc`s success...but i think it`s all gone to his head....and he`s gonna jump the shark soon if he doesn`t get his shit together and stop playing little napoleon.....

step back from the limelight,dana..the product is just fine(aside from the judging)...leave it alone...an elite ,young,talented pro doesn`t need you prodding him....i guarantee machida could get huge money at strikeforce...

on the positive side,thiago silva/jackson is a stylistic match-up that was made in heaven...should have happened already...

for me,as anticipated a fight as i can remember........worth the price of admission alone...
    Dana is a jerk. Rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. I said this in my first ever post here. The Dana lovers really got upset. Guy is a fukkin asshole.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Dana is a jerk. Rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. I said this in my first ever post here. The Dana lovers really got upset. Guy is a fukkin asshole.
    You rub a lot of people the wrong way Tracey...does that make you a jerk?

ttrace35

I'm sure I am a jerk to a lot of people. Why do you have to comment on every thread you see? Lot of people don't like Dana.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

it's almost surreal to see how much shit he talks about his fighters. calling Florian and Marquart chokers was pretty disgusting imo.

Machida is one of the few fighters I weep over when they lose( still to this day, Machida over Rashad is the largest MMa wager I've ever made) would be sickening if he gets cut.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    they won't let him go to strikeforce. not yet anyway
    This. No way in hell Dana lets Lyoto leave and give Strikeforce all the attention. The guy is actually a decent draw now w/ his unique karate style. Who doesn't want to watch Ryu dance around and kick ass?

Machida would have to lose against Randy and probably Forrest or Rich before he'd get his walking papers. I don't see that happening.

I think we see him fighting for his life in this one and Randy is going to see the heavens within 2.

Kaladarus

He's got to go back to his ways. At UFC 104 he had a dream. "If you have a dream, your life, go ahead, is possible."

Kaladarus

I agree with everyone here pretty much. Dana talks about destroying other organizations that are competing with him yet he doesn't offer any job security for his guys.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    it's almost surreal to see how much shit he talks about his fighters. calling Florian and Marquart chokers was pretty disgusting imo.

Machida is one of the few fighters I weep over when they lose( still to this day, Machida over Rashad is the largest MMa wager I've ever made) would be sickening if he gets cut.
    He doesn't talk shit like a normal boss. He thinks he's a tough guy. Makes himself sound like he could do better than the fighters.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Dana thinks he's moving up to Super Heavyweight soon. The guy has put on like 50 lbs in the past 5 years. Haven't you seen him bench his 315? lol.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Dana thinks he's moving up to Super Heavyweight soon. The guy has put on like 50 lbs in the past 5 years. Haven't you seen him bench his 315? lol.
    I swear I was just going to say that his weight lifting has gone to his head. He probably doing some kind of roids. 315 you say? That's a lot of weight for a little dude. I'm curious how many he did? I'm 240 and I hit the 315 for 5 1/2 reps the other day. If he did more than me he's a fukkin juicer.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I swear I was just going to say that his weight lifting has gone to his head. He probably doing some kind of roids. 315 you say? That's a lot of weight for a little dude. I'm curious how many he did? I'm 240 and I hit the 315 for 5 1/2 reps the other day. If he did more than me he's a fukkin juicer.
    What does Boris do? Must be maxin 350?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Sadly, and for obvious reasons, Boris is not rated high in the pound for pound rankings

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

We need some before and after pics of DW! I remember seeing him back in the day w/ Chuck at a Pride event and he was a skinny little dude with a combover. Now he looks like he's on the Allistair diet... well, w/out the cut.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

DW isnt the only one who's beefed up, Lorenzo Fertitta is also stacked now!

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    DW isnt the only one who's beefed up, Lorenzo Fertitta is also stacked now!
    This thread is going off topic... but Woah.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    This thread is going off topic... but Woah.

Dude has a protein shake in his hand everytime he's seen in a DW blog

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Randy honestly can win this fight. I may play it! Don't care about his age, he finds ways to win. If it flirts with +325 to +350 I might throw a small play on Randy.

12 Last