THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Emelianenk Vs Silva Feb 12th (Heavyweight Tourney)

February 12 2011
    East Rutherford, N.J.

Fedor Emelianenko
    Antonio Silva

Andrei Arlovski
    Josh Barnett

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Eme...r-Feb-12-29152

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

dam i was hoping fedor would get pushed back to the march show in columbus. Instead I get werdum vs rogers..

THE_LOCKSMITH

at least StrikeForce is putting on some cards now, 3 major cards in 3 months

Jan 29
    Diaz/Santos
    Souza/Lawler

Feb 12
    Fedor/Silva
    Arlovski/Barnett

Mar 05
    Cavalcante/Henderson
    Werdum/Rogers
    Daley/TBA

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I'm interested if that dude brett rogers will ever be anybody?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I'm interested if that dude brett rogers will ever be anybody?
    Be or beat?! I doubt either!

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Anybody want to bet if this tournament ever runs to completion? Probable contract renegotiating after quarters and no fourth bracket declared yet, I'm willing to bet that it doesn't. Point bet?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Anybody want to bet if this tournament ever runs to completion? Probable contract renegotiating after quarters and no fourth bracket declared yet, I'm willing to bet that it doesn't. Point bet?
    Afraid Im with u on tht one! Im always suprised if Strikeforce manage to get a full card together!

THE_LOCKSMITH

you have to think thye put Melendez on one of those later cards too, he has not fought since April 2010

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Afraid Im with u on tht one! Im always suprised if Strikeforce manage to get a full card together!
    Yeah, meanwhile we are stuck with very average match ups between Rogers and Werdum (step down in competition for Werdum) and Fedor vs Silva. Not exactly what the fans are calling for, but would be acceptable if they could deliver on the promise of a full tournament.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm guessing UFC will schedule a free even on that same day. Dana White likes to **** over the cempetition like that.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I'm guessing UFC will schedule a free even on that same day. Dana White likes to **** over the cempetition like that.
    Or they will reshow a PPV on spike. Yeah that is pretty much their MO.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    you have to think thye put Melendez on one of those later cards too, he has not fought since April 2010
    Who would you suggest? They haven't really built up a challenger for him.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Noons

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

This is going to be fun.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Be or beat?! I doubt either!
    Ever be anybody. Arlovski is somebody, but he glass jaw. At least he won't quit like brock.

Poppa Catfish

Noons
    Hoping they get JZ on the winning track so that he can challenge, but Noons vs Melendez seems ok right now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Betting wise I'd like to see Woodley vs Daley. I think Woodley might come out as dog even tho he'd dominate Daley for three rounds IMO.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The first thing I also thought was that there's no way this thing gets completed if Fedor advances. Very interesting, though. Psyched as hell that there's an actual date.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I really just want to see Overeem v Fedor at this point.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Hope to get Barnett at decent odds. I can't bet AA anymore b/c his chin can't hold up.
    Fedor at anything better than -350 would be nice too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Hope to get Barnett at decent odds. I can't bet AA anymore b/c his chin can't hold up.
    Fedor at anything better than -350 would be nice too.
    I thought I'd read that Kharitonov is fighting AA?

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

dammit, give me overeem!!!!!!

ttrace35

Barnett is very underated.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

should be good fights overall.fedor needs to stay more active and fight the top guys or just retire.overeem is still waiting for fedor.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

well fedor just signed a 4 fight deal with strikeforce so this tourney should wrap up around 2015.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

This tourny is structured all wrong. Why are #1 and #2 fighting each other in the first round? and why is the #3 fighter in the same side of the bracket as them? Meanwhile the other side of the bracket has a 3-time roider, a has been, a never was and a one-hit wonder. And are they going to explain whats going on with the belt? If Overeem is in the tournament, is he defending the belt each time he fights? If he loses does that person carry the belt through the tournament? Sure a tourny is a grand idea, but this sounds like it was thrown together in a bar after a long night of negotiations in Russia with Fedor.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    This tourny is structured all wrong. Why are #1 and #2 fighting each other in the first round? and why is the #3 fighter in the same side of the bracket as them? Meanwhile the other side of the bracket has a 3-time roider, a has been, a never was and a one-hit wonder. And are they going to explain whats going on with the belt? If Overeem is in the tournament, is he defending the belt each time he fights? If he loses does that person carry the belt through the tournament? Sure a tourny is a grand idea, but this sounds like it was thrown together in a bar after a long night of negotiations in Russia with Fedor.
    All very good points. On the bright side, at least it increases the likelihood of the Fedor/Overeem showdown which everyone wants to see, since they only have to win one match instead of two before facing each other. But I somehow doubt that this tournament will even get completed. Hopefully I'm wrong.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Yea i'd think the end goal would be a Fedor/Overeem final, but I think tournament looks awsome. Putting the champion Oveereem and adding Kharitonov to the tournament

THE_LOCKSMITH

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post

Everything feels so wrong yet is so right. Thing seems set up like they are accepting that the tournament won't run to completion. Very smart of them to give us Reem vs Werdum and hopefully the tournament will last long enough to see a semifinal of Fedor vs Overeem. Then everything can fall apart for all I care, and we can see Barnett vs alternate, Arlovski vs alternate, or alternate vs alternate for all I care.

THE_LOCKSMITH

If you look at it the UFc is in the final of its own 8 man tourny. It could have been a 16 man tourney if Frank Mir would have fought and lost twice in the 1st round

Velasques/Nog vs Lesnar/Carwin
    Dos Santo/Gonzaga Vs Nelson/Struve

Velasquez/Lesnar Vs Nelson/Dos Santos

Velasques/Dos Santos

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    well fedor just signed a 4 fight deal with strikeforce so this tourney should wrap up around 2015.
    hahaha

I'd of like to of seen Gokhan Saki in it instead of Kharitonov as he's with Strikeforce now but I guess he'll need a few more months to recover from K1. Also think it would of been interesting to include Cormier and Del Rosario although the latter is in an alternate fight with Lavar Johnson.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 01-05-11 at 04:18 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Kharitonov is a pretty decent HW. He beat Overem in 2007 and besides his losses to Nog/Fedor/Overeem he really only has one bad loss to Monson. He might be an underdog to Arlovski when the odds come out and i'll take him in that spot

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Kharitonov is a pretty decent HW. He beat Overem in 2007 and besides his losses to Nog/Fedor/Overeem he really only has one bad loss to Monson. He might be an underdog to Arlovski when the odds come out and i'll take him in that spot
    Sergei doesn't look like the same fighter he used to be. However, I'll take him as a dog over AA simply b/c he has huge punching power and AA's defense has sucked as of late. I think the lines will be pretty close on this one though.

12 Last