jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i pray this tournament runs to completion but im glad they give fedor tougher fights. i really really hope overeem beats werdum though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Kharitonov is a pretty decent HW. He beat Overem in 2007 and besides his losses to Nog/Fedor/Overeem he really only has one bad loss to Monson. He might be an underdog to Arlovski when the odds come out and i'll take him in that spot
    I agree, Kharitonov has the striking and power to KO Arlovski but either of them will get man-handled by Barnett IMO and obviously both would get destroyed by Gokhan Saki!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

looks like overeem/werdum will be a title fight

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...:organizations

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Do we know if any of these cards will be on CBS instead of ShowTime. This is by far the biggest thing StrikeForce will do so they need top be on CBS.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i cant wait. this is the biggest thing in awhile. even though these matchups were going to happen anyways, setting it up as a tournament makes it waaaay exciting and pressures these fighters to fight mroe often.

basically gave coker control over these fighters who he had no control over before.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Here are the odds that just went up at Bodog. I'm going to make a small play on Bigfoot at +400. Fedor is too rich at -500.

Also, as I expected the lines are even for AA/Sergei. I'm hoping early bets come in on Arlovski so I can take Sergei as a slight dog. I trust his hands more than I trust AA's chin.

EDIT: Sergei just dropped to EVEN and Bigfoot to +300 within a few minutes. Liking this.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 04:32 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Did u get Bigfoot before it dropped?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Did u get Bigfoot before it dropped?
    Yes, literally a minutes before it dropped! Didn't even notice.

1u on bigfoot to win 4u.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Silva opened +315 on Bookmaker and I jumped that for 1u.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

what overeem is only -270...thats a steal.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I love Fedor but I don't see him having much left? He struggled somewhat with Brett Rogers b4 the loss to Werdum! I just don't think an elite fighter can creep up on 35 and stay at the top by fighting once a year or less? I'm afraid Overeem would kill him?

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I agree that the structure of the tournament is all wrong, but we get to see fedor vs overeem in the second round. It might not happen this way, but if we had to wait for the finals it probably would never happen.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Does the winner of this tournament become top ranked HW in all of MMA. Right now Sherdog has #3 Werdum, #4 Fedor, #8 Overeem, #10 Silva. So if Fedor were t win he's mostly likely beat Silva/Overeem/Barnett. Would that make him #1

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

If the tournament goes all the way to the end, then yes whichever alternate that wins it should certainly be the top ranked HW.

Daniel Cormier #1!!!!!!!!! or V Overeem #1 or SDR #1.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Does the winner of this tournament become top ranked HW in all of MMA. Right now Sherdog has #3 Werdum, #4 Fedor, #8 Overeem, #10 Silva. So if Fedor were t win he's mostly likely beat Silva/Overeem/Barnett. Would that make him #1

If Fedor wins the tournament and he beats Silva/Overeem/and lets say Barnett then it will be one of the hardest string of three fights in the history of HW. I can't speak to what Sherdog will do, but that will put him as #1 in my book.

THE_LOCKSMITH

"Alistair Overeem's title is not on the line during the Strikeforce World Grand Prix Heavyweight Tournament.

Each tournament fight will be three, five minute rounds and the final will be five, five minute rounds. The winner will be crowned Strikeforce Grand Prix Champion and earn a shot at "Demoltition Man's" heavyweight title"
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 04:33 PM. Reason: link does not work

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

So odd lol.

So Overeem is in the tourny, yet the winner earns a title shot (if hes not the winner). So he could lose in the first round to Werdum, then fight the winner of the whole tourney at the end. Or lose in the final and then defend the title against the guy who beat him in the final. OR, win the tourny, basically meaning that there really is no #1 contender and eliminate all of these guys from contention pretty much. This doesn't sound like it was thoroughly thought out lol.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

How about if there is a draw, one independent judge has final say. That seems real fair. This tournament has some crazy rules.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha Imagine the abuse that the Pride lover and Tracey would be dishing out if this was the UFC! We'd have dozens of thread spurting up right now calling the UFC tournament rules a CAN!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    So odd lol.

So Overeem is in the tourny, yet the winner earns a title shot (if hes not the winner). So he could lose in the first round to Werdum, then fight the winner of the whole tourney at the end. Or lose in the final and then defend the title against the guy who beat him in the final. OR, win the tourny, basically meaning that there really is no #1 contender and eliminate all of these guys from contention pretty much. This doesn't sound like it was thoroughly thought out lol.
    Well since a lot of the better competition is on Overeem's side if they lose they can beat the losers of the other side and get back to contender status I guess. It's not like there's much competition for him other than who he's going to fight anyways. You are right though unless there's a close fight that would require a rematch Overeem will clear all contenders.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

No complaints from me about strikeforce or the ufc. I want to see fighters fight. That is all. I don't care about belts, tournaments or rankings.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

should be good fights overall.fedor needs to stay more active and fight the top guys or just retire.overeem is still waiting for fedor.looks like they will meet in the second round.

SweatySombrero
    SweatySombrero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Barnett is very underated.

o yeah. all the time,

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    How about if there is a draw, one independent judge has final say. That seems real fair. This tournament has some crazy rules.
    Please god let it be Cecil
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave Poppa Catfish 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

2011 STRIKEFORCE Heavyweight GP Winner

Fedor Emelianenko +170
    Alistar Overeem +180
    Josh Barnett +350
    Andrei Arlovski +950
    Fabricio Werdum +1400
    Antonio Silva +1800
    Sergei Kharitonov +2000
    Brett Rogers +2200
    Shane Del Rosario +3000
    Valentijn Overeem +3500
    Lavar Johnson +4000
    Ray Sefo +4500

Odds have dropped on Overeem and Barnett. I got Overeem at +200 and Barnett at +400. They are on opposite sides of the bracket. I think Barnett has the easiest path to the championship fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    2011 STRIKEFORCE Heavyweight GP Winner

Fedor Emelianenko +170
    Alistar Overeem +180
    Josh Barnett +350
    Andrei Arlovski +950
    Fabricio Werdum +1400
    Antonio Silva +1800
    Sergei Kharitonov +2000
    Brett Rogers +2200
    Shane Del Rosario +3000
    Valentijn Overeem +3500
    Lavar Johnson +4000
    Ray Sefo +4500

Odds have dropped on Overeem and Barnett. I got Overeem at +200 and Barnett at +400. They are on opposite sides of the bracket. I think Barnett has the easiest path to the championship fight.
    Yeah I think Barnett has a decent chance, can get him at +600 on Sportingbet.com which is tempting.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah I think Barnett has a decent chance, can get him at +600 on Sportingbet.com which is tempting.
    i've been looking at SportingBet they have alot of MMA odds. How are they on payouts?

1nce
    1nce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I've been using sportingbet for a few years and have never had any troubles. Payouts are smooth and haven't encountered any problem with limitations.

Btw, I got Barnett to win HW GP at +700(sportingbet), also got Kharitonov at +4400(expekt).

Me thinks one of them will reach the finale

Capped Barnett around +500 and Kharitonov around +1600
    Last edited by 1nce; 01-14-11 at 01:29 PM.

First 12