fadeCOVERS4me
    fadeCOVERS4me's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

brandon vera's nose

his nose was smashed n sideways

goblinburner
    yanks-1 1/2
    goblinburner's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wish someone can find a pic of his nose and use it as my Fantasy trophy next year

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

His nose was absolutely smashed! Brutal!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Remember after beating a fat Frank Mir he was gonna hold both the HW and LHW UFC titles at the same time

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Need a side by side with Vera and Franklin after getting beat down by Anderson.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nose looks like big bens when they played balty.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dude didnt even seem to realise or be upset that he'd just been man-handled like a bitch for 3 rounds, was more impressed and keen to show off his re-arranged face! Hasnt got the heart for the fight like he makes out IMO.

Poppa Catfish

Eh? Wow guy is getting a lot of heat, I thought he went hard in the stand up. He was just out muscled and out classed on the ground.

I'm not even a Vera fan, in fact I've been critical of him early and often. I thought he showed up here, he was just beat by the better man. Also I really underrated Silva.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

that was a piss poor performance by vera, worthy of florian status. I hope they send him packing if they are going to follow the new rule set by dana.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vera was terrible he gets dominated on the ground way to easily. He should just move on to kickboxing or something because all he has is his standup.

Poppa Catfish

Worthy of Florian status? What does that even mean? Crap we are going to have to cut every division down to 3-4 fighters.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Eh? Wow guy is getting a lot of heat, I thought he went hard in the stand up. He was just out muscled and out classed on the ground.

I'm not even a Vera fan, in fact I've been critical of him early and often. I thought he showed up here, he was just beat by the better man. Also I really underrated Silva.
    No fair play he did look to bang and go hard in the standing and landed some nice leg kicks. And dont get me wrong he is seriously talented, but I just dont understand how a guy with his wrestling credentials and size can get man-handled so easily. And yes I also underrated Silva as well, especially his takedown ability (or maybe I overated Vera's takedown defence!) and also his game-planning, it was smart of him to close the distance and get Vera down rather then risk having his legs chopped just for the hope and desire of getting a brutal KO which I thought his mindset would be.

brooks85

Even when he went to bang hard, it might have about a total :60 seconds worth for the whole fight. Not once on the ground did he even try to explode out. Did you see the third round poppa? That was pitiful on veras part, at least try.

Poppa Catfish

Thiago is a beast on the ground, his injury before the Rashad fight did a lot to mask that I'm sure. Plus Vera has plenty of prior offenses so I can see why people are in a rush to get him out. Its just that if they are going to start cutting every fighter who gets dominated on the ground, its going to be a bloodbath.

For starters we are going to have to cut every single fighter GSP faces from here on out

THE_LOCKSMITH

Yea i was hoping that his could keep it standing for longer, because he was looking pretty good. But Vera has become a stepping stone, Jones smashed his face, Silva smashed his nose, id he fight Phil Davis he might leave the cage without an arm

the guy lost to Kieth jardine and look where he is now

Poppa Catfish

Are we talking about the part where he was up against the cage getting his face smashed in? There wasn't a place for him to explode out, in general trying to explode out against an accomplished grappler is a terrible idea. Just look at Dong in his fight against Diaz, he used superior position and patience to get out of some really good submission attempts. A lesser fighter who tried to power out would have been finished.

brooks85

Thiago is a beast on the ground, his injury before the Rashad fight did a lot to mask that I'm sure. Plus Vera has plenty of prior offenses so I can see why people are in a rush to get him out. Its just that if they are going to start cutting every fighter who gets dominated on the ground, its going to be a bloodbath.

For starters we are going to have to cut every single fighter GSP faces from here on out

Im sure dana will take that into consideration. The bottom line is you are in there to fight and if you know you are 0-2 on score cards, 0-2 in your last 2 fights and a guy is riding your back, you should be kicking like a ******* seizure patient. And even besides that, he had about 1 good combo per round. He had plenty of oppurtunities to turn the heat up in the third, when he knew his only chance was a finish, and VERA settled for the clinch which he was losing the whole fight.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-02-11 at 12:51 AM.

Poppa Catfish

He could have kicked like a rockette, wouldn't have done him one bit of good. I find it incredibly difficult to think when I'm getting pummeled from all sides, it is incredibly frustrating. If the guy has good position on you and a good base it is exponentially more difficult.

Do you think that Daley is some unathletic punk? Why doesn't he power out of positions when he is on his back?

Poppa Catfish

Powering out pretty much only works when the person is transitioning (this is if the other person isn't shitty). You catch them off balance. Thiago wasn't off balance at all, he was clamped on and pounding the ever loving shit out of him.

Vera takes it and to add insult to injury you want to call him a pussy for it. bah!

brooks85

I notice you keep talking about technique but you are missing my point. Its about effort, vera showed none. I saw more in vera in the few moments he was standing on his fight against jones than I saw in this whole fight against Silva. Vera is coming into this fight 0-2, he is 0-2 on the scorecards, there is no excuse for his performance.

Tell me, when is the last time you saw someone play the bongos on someones back?

Poppa Catfish

When is the last time I saw a fighter whisper racial slurs into another fighter's ear? When is the last time I saw a philipino fighter do the mongolian chop on his opponent (happened in his last two fights)? When is the last time I saw a fighter with a red and black hair do flash the Victory signal while in full mount? When is the last time I saw one light heavyweight spank the other?

When you are in a dominant position the world is your oyster, if you want you can do whatever you want. Effort be damned. If flopping around like a fish would have made you feel better about Vera's performance then ok, but it wouldn't have got him any closer to winning the fight. Actually gets him farther....

Poppa Catfish

added another one

when is the last time I saw a fighter kiss his junk and then throw a jab?

brooks85

When is the last time I saw a fighter whisper racial slurs into another fighter's ear? When is the last time I saw a philipino fighter do the mongolian chop on his opponent (happened in his last two fights)? When is the last time I saw a fighter with a red and black hair do flash the Victory signal while in full mount? When is the last time I saw one light heavyweight spank the other?

When you are in a dominant position the world is your oyster, if you want you can do whatever you want. Effort be damned. If flopping around like a fish would have made you feel better about Vera's performance then ok, but it wouldn't have got him any closer to winning the fight. Actually gets him farther....

again you are talking about technique. Having a job in the ufc is not just about winning the fight, its about putting effort into the fight, putting on a show. And, im sure you can at least admit, you can not win the fight by letting a guy ride your let back. The reason thiago was playing bongos on veras was becasue vera was not even trying to escape. It doesnt matter what you think about the transitions, the point is he wasnt even trying. A loss by RNC in a frantic scramble by vera putting heart into the fight would have been better for vera than just giving up.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-02-11 at 01:34 AM.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Boxing his ears, playing patty cake on his back and punching him in the ass was kinda funny.

Poppa Catfish

Right and they hired Jake Shields and Antonio McKee because of their recent string of crowd pleasing fights. You might want that to be in their job title, but in UFC winning is king. Fan entertainment is a very distant second.

On to the second part....

I guess Tito Ortiz just stayed there because he is into S and M. Daley just wanted to communicate, Alves was cold etc etc etc

dominant grappler dominated while hapless victim looked clueless and ineffective news at 11.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Boxing his ears, playing patty cake on his back and punching him in the ass was kinda funny.
    that was great, I'm really starting to like Thiago Silva hope he fights Jones next

brooks85

Right and they hired Jake Shields and Antonio McKee because of their recent string of crowd pleasing fights. You might want that to be in their job title, but in UFC winning is king. Fan entertainment is a very distant second.

On to the second part....

I guess Tito Ortiz just stayed there because he is into S and M. Daley just wanted to communicate, Alves was cold etc etc etc

dominant grappler dominated while hapless victim looked clueless and ineffective news at 11.

that is like the third post you have made now that makes no sense. Fan entertainment is the number 1 thing in UFC, dont kid yourself. That is why talent has been fired and cans resigned because they have fans and/or put on a show. Lesnar could be on a 0-5 fight streak and ufc would never let him go. You should search some of danas recent articles about what it takes to stay in the UFC after the merger because you are contradiciting everything he said.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-02-11 at 01:55 AM.

Poppa Catfish

Even far out groovy Poppa Catfish believes that examples should be somewhat tied to reality. Should Lesnar go 0-5 and the UFC still retains his contract then we can talk.

oh and Jon Fitch says hello

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2803

Vera has lost 4 of last 6 fights. Lost to Keith Jardine. The only notable fighter he was able to beat was Krystoff Soszynski. All his fights are lackluster and boring. Even when he keeps the fight standing, he just throws to outpoint and not to really get a guy out of there. In my opinion he needs to be cut.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Maybe Vera can fight The Reem now lol.

Poppa Catfish

Brandon Vera no, Kerry Vera maybe

Jordan you are crazy, they are building Overeem up slowly.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7444

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Nose looks like big bens when they played balty.

Very close, but I think vera's was worse.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

THE_LOCKSMITH

Thiago f@*k'd up now. Fron Jon Jones Twitter "Wow that slapping was so disrespectful.. id love to give him a slap in the face."

Thiago Silva Vs Jon Jones??????? after he beats Bader on Feb 5th

12 Last