r0gu3status
    r0gu3status's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jorge Rivera vs Micheal Bisping

What do you guys think about the line for this match up? Jorge Rivera is at +281, which i think is a gift. Although i do give the edge in this fight to Bisping. I think this match is a lot closer than the line suggests. I think i'll be wagering one or two units on Jorge. Just wondering what you guys thought about this fight.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

bisping will win this fight 90% of the time.i will probably use bisping in a parlay.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I think this line is set correct. I don't see value in either guy. I'm staying away from this one.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    bisping will win this fight 90% of the time.i will probably use bisping in a parlay.
    if you truly believe bisping wins this matchup 90% of the time, you should be betting over half of your bankroll on him, forget parlays. that would be crazy value.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also think this line is correct. Bisping is just better all around and will probably win a decision or maybe finish in the third. Rivera's only chance is to get a KO which with his power he can do. Bisping's striking has evolved to a point where he limits the amount of damage he takes and limits the amount of damage he gives. He doesn't really take many chances and I don't believe it is likely he will get caught, but it can happen.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Bisping should win by decision or late stoppage for sure but no way would I play him to win straight up at -300 to -380 range - that's just ridiculous IMO!

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

bisping will take this, he has pretty decent wrestling to fall back on.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I might play Jorge if he gets over +300

Jankar
    Jankar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Micheal Bisping is pretty good player ! go go go

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Jankar View Post
    Micheal Bisping is pretty good player ! go go go

Vrakas

i made parlay with 4 winners bisping,the truth,diaz and edgar.just a few bucks.who knows i could be a winner.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Pretty bullsh-t fight.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Bisping is much quicker and has better footwork. Rivera has no chance.

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you like jorge to win, it will prob be from a KO, can you just bet jorge by KO? the line should be much better than the +280

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by yurnero View Post
    if you like jorge to win, it will prob be from a KO, can you just bet jorge by KO? the line should be much better than the +280
    Yep if Rivera does beat Bisping I'd say more than 80% of the time it would be by TKO/KO so it would make sense to take him by KO at +350 range (if one is going to play Rivera at all). 5dimes and bookmaker are just two of the USA based bookies that Im aware of that will offer you that prop closer to fight time.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Id add that this fight could actually be quite dangerous for Bisping. He's going from fighting a guy like Akiyama that is well known and perceived to be in the middle-tier to upper-echelon of middleweights to a guy that is just a mid-level middleweight who doesn't have a big name recognition. So in Bisping's mind this may even be a step down from Akiyama as he expected to be facing one of the top contenders in the division such as Marquadt, Sonnen or a rematch with Wanderlei. Will this affect his motivation going in to the fight? Will he go in to the Rivera fight complacent and pissed off? I'd lean towards thinking that Bisping will be professional enough to go out there in good condition both physically and mentally. After the brutal Hendo destruction I think Bisping matured a little. However, maybe Bisping will go out and be too keen to try and finish Rivera due to being annoyed and because he realises that a back-pedalling decision win over Rivera isnt going to make him stand out as a title contender - such over-zealousness could be dangerous with a guy like Rivera. Just some things to ponder if you're considering going big on Bisping at -300 to -380 range!

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

good points. bisping seems really professional to me. has good skills, well rounded but lacks power, so for me regardless if his head is focused or not he knows he has to circle and jab and dive in for takedowns(which i think he can do anytime he wans with JR). but good ponder points V. guys is JR's stand stance same(righty or southpaw) same as hendo's? if so u think he will circle the wrong away again straight into power? if i recall didn't he do that with aki a few times?

r0gu3status
    r0gu3status's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for all the responses. I still think if JR comes in top form he can ko bisping. However he has seemed inconsistent. I'm gonna lay off this fight, unless i get some good odds on jorge by stoppage

Vrakas

bisping will lay the smack down.no question about it.easy win for him but i would like to see him finish this fight.