teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

And that in a nutshell is why boxing is dying...

a draw give it to one guy (Hopkins won that fight close) worst thing is a draw... how many times you hear a crowd leaving an ufc/strikeforce/dream booing upset. Boxing is on life support somebody pull the plug...books almost had to pay that +18? on hopkins. That was wrong hopkins got hoodwinked.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    a draw give it to one guy (Hopkins won that fight close) worst thing is a draw... how many times you hear a crowd leaving an ufc/strikeforce/dream booing upset. Boxing is on life support somebody pull the plug...books almost had to pay that +18? on hopkins. That was wrong hopkins got hoodwinked.
    How many times in UFC? Quite a bit lately...they've had just as many questionable decisions on fights as boxing. Dana White has been pretty vocal about the judging

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

A fvcking travisty,Hopkins took every round from the 5th on and both knockdowns were iffy.

I agree with you the result was a friggon joke.
    Points Awarded:

teaserpleaser gave Al Masters 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

teaserpleaser gave Al Masters 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the fight game its disgraceful. The guy they think will make them more money in the future always get the advantage in judging. Hopkins outboxed pascal 8-4 or even 9-3 or maybe even worse.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was considering putting some change on Hopkins. Looks like I saved myself a few hours of wasted time.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Once Pacquiao and Mayweather both leaves that sport, it will be officially dead. Especially with Mike Tyson and Delahoya long gone.

teaserpleaser

judging sucks in mma but most of the judges are boxing judges or ex boxing judges for the most part. Last Draw i can remember was Rashad evens vs Tito ortiz 2007 ... Trust me Dana doesnt want Draws everybody wants a winner i would rather the Jean win then have a push. MMA judges are a hole different ball of wax sometimes im not even sure if some of them know what they are looking at. If commisions where sharp they would have retired fighters and mma refs judge.... Fukk it go to old pride judging who is trying to end the fight, who is trying for submissions, damage because as Joe Rogan said something has to be done.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Pascal wouldn't even fight for a title let alone be a champion if this was the 1980s. He would just be an average boxer with all the great boxers back then. Pathetic performance from the champion.

teaserpleaser

^^^ dirty sanchez

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Glad the fight went 12 rounds. over 11.5 rounds -290.

pmidy88
    Brett Favre Best QB of All Times
    pmidy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

all I know is I wanna see manny vs mayweather

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boxing promoters are sleazy dudes...and the fight game is eating itself to death. When Evander Holyfield, Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins, and others are still fighting...somethings wrong. When was the last meaningful Heavyweight fight? It's been years, and don't give me the Klitchko brothers...they're one step above WWE

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I was considering putting some change on Hopkins. Looks like I saved myself a few hours of wasted time.
    deep down i knew that Hopkins +180 wasnt coming in just to good to pass up... boxing is so fukkin shady mma judges just dont have a clue sometimes... but boxing judges are just flat out shady. .. i havent felt like i was robbed like this since that bullshit decision in the vernon forrest v ike quartey fight in 06 fukk it was still a good fight no winner just shits on it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

deep down i knew that Hopkins +180 wasnt coming in just to good to pass up... boxing is so fukkin shady mma judges just dont have a clue sometimes... but boxing judges are just flat out shady. .. i havent felt like i was robbed like this since that bullshit decision in the vernon forrest v ike quartey fight in 06 fukk it was still a good fight no winner just shits on it.
    Sadly this has been going on in boxing since forever practically. Hopkins was definitely the value side tonight and he looked good there. It's just one of those things. I like another post mentioned am very interested in the Pacqiao vs Mayweather fight.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

There aren't draws in MMA?

I don't really get your point, except that it feels like a knee jerk response to something that just happened to tonight.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

UFC card last weekend had a draw

Poppa Catfish

Yep Bongfelt, and WEC had a draw at main event Kamahl vs Varner, and Kongo had one at UFC 120 too.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I gave the fight to Hopkins... more specifically Rounds 4-12; but I think that a lot of latter rounds were truly toss-ups.

You guys are ridiculous though. Boxing would be dying if the judges gave the fight to Pascal. If anything, Pascal should be ashamed of himself. 2 knockdowns in the first 3, and it only keeps him afloat for a majority draw. That makes him look bad and has nothing to do with the sport.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolute travesty. Rounds 1-3 easily go to Pascal with the knockdowns(which were questionable at best and didn't seem to hurt Hopkins at all), but you could have legitimately gave rounds 4-12 to Hopkins. Can't remember exactly which round, but one of the rounds from 4-6 was the only really close round that could have gone either way between those last 9 rounds which I believe Hopkins won. Other than that, Hopkins was clearly the more aggressive fighter and landed way more effective punches than pascal. The most comical part of the night was pascal's post fight interview where he unequivocally expressed his belief that he won the fight, which is hilarious since neither himself or his corner celebrated at the final bell knowing they had lost the decision. This was an obvious case of blatant home judging and just a shame when you consider the rough start for Hopkins and how he battled back like a true champion in the later rounds. I'm not even that big of a fan of boxing or Hopkins, but the blatant and measured injustice that unfolded tonight just makes me feel sick.
    Points Awarded:

teaserpleaser gave nyed1010 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I only gave Pascal one round after the 4th. My last three boxing predictions have all been underdogs and all 3 ended in a draw..lets just hope MMA never reaches this level of corruption.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18831

Hopkins was winning both the first and third round until the kd's. The first kd was clearly behind the head. It should NOT have been called a kd. The 2nd one was legit. The punchstats dont lie. Hopkins almost landed twice as many punches and was fresher at the end of the fight. Pascal lost on every scorecard I have seen and the only reason he got a gift decision draw was because it was in his backyard.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

I had money on the Mosley/Mora fight too, and that went to a draw. Such a shatty way to lose a bet

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Most draws in MMA only happen when one of the fighters have had a point deducted for booting their opponent in the nuts (Shalorus) or another infringement.

Poppa Catfish

and that in a nustshell.... is why I wear a cup

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

AHHH....

Not the first time they robbed the legend..

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Ridiculous decision... I hope they rematch.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

dying in the US, well and alive around the world.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

PASCAL

jabs: 20 of 157

Power: 85 of 196

total: 105 of 353

combos landed 13

HOPKINS

jabs: 30 of 175

Power: 141 of 270

total: 171 of 445

combos landed: 23

AHA!!!
    Last edited by Czu81; 12-19-10 at 07:09 AM.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I thought Hopkins won the fight slightly

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

if hopkins didnt get Ko'd twice that would make it more convincing for him, a rematch wud be awesome though

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

judging sucks in mma but most of the judges are boxing judges or ex boxing judges for the most part. Last Draw i can remember was Rashad evens vs Tito ortiz 2007 ... Trust me Dana doesnt want Draws everybody wants a winner i would rather the Jean win then have a push. MMA judges are a hole different ball of wax sometimes im not even sure if some of them know what they are looking at. If commisions where sharp they would have retired fighters and mma refs judge.... Fukk it go to old pride judging who is trying to end the fight, who is trying for submissions, damage because as Joe Rogan said something has to be done.
    There were a few draws in MMA I can think of. These 3 happened recently. Kamal Shalorus/Jamie Varner. Cheick Kongo/Travis Browne. Rafael Natal/Jesse Bongfeldt. Only thing about this is...MMA is alot harder to goto a draw. Every fight has an odd number of rounds. Also, there are very few 10-8's being scored in MMA. Usually if someone warrants a 10-8 round they finish the fight. Boxing can easily go 10-10, 10-9, 10-8, 10-7 in any round. Also boxing has an even number of rounds to score. Draws in boxing happen alot easier. BUT, MMA judges only have 3 rounds to score in a non title fight. So this leads to more bad/wrong decisions.

I think all MMA refs should go through Big John Mccarthy's reffing school. Also the commissions should require some kind of intellect test or video demonstrations for the judges pointing out the rules that are required in the judging.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

I agree with the original poster, Hopkins was robbed here, and like he said in his interview this is going to hurt the sport
    Points Awarded:

teaserpleaser gave Dank_Fire 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    if hopkins didnt get Ko'd twice that would make it more convincing for him, a rematch wud be awesome though
    yepp he was hurt so badly

LOL

ohh the fist one was even a legal punch.... **** those refs

shame

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant complain with the decision, unless you had money on it!

teaserpleaser

the shalurus fight/draw i kinda remember kids boring to me i had to turn his recent fight with bart off... kongo i didnt see 2007 tito /sugar last i really care to recall as far as a draw was drunk, really stoned, and pissed about that fight. Good luck today yal

12 Last