kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOCK of the CENTURY? Hopkins-Pascal OVER 11.5 Rounds @ -290...

Not the best of odds if you are looking to make money but i mean.... its free money isnt it?

This fight just WONT go under 11.5 rounds unless their is a SERIOUS foul in the fight. Like a MASSIVE headbutt that leads to the fight being called.

Neither fighter is Dirty enough to get DQ'd so we are talking about a VERY serious headbutt being committed for this fight be called off. And statistically speaking, very few fights where the cut is caused by a headbutt end up getting the fight stopped. Fewer then you'd think.

And while yea, Hopkins is kinda known for being dirty, he has never been in serious trouble of being DQ'd... and his Headbutts have never put a fight in serious risk of being stopped.

That GASH that he caused on Winky Wright being about as bad as its ever been, and that fight went 12.

... Not to mention the fights in front of 16,000 screaming fans. The refs gonna think VERY hard before he calls the fight for ANYTHING.

And on top of all that, both these fighters are BLACK, and black fighters tend to cut less easily.

So yea, I'm pretty confident that its free money if you want it.

.... and o yea, obviously neither guy is knocking the other out. Pascal too much heart and too sturdy a chin, and Hopkins... well obviously he's not stopping Hopkins right?

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Right! I have to admit the L-word made me skeptical at first, but your impeccable logic convinced me:

Quote Originally Posted by kball15 View Post
    And on top of all that, both these fighters are BLACK, and black fighters tend to cut less easily. So yea, I'm pretty confident that its free money if you want it.
    All-in on the over 11.5

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    Right! I have to admit the L-word made me skeptical at first, but your impeccable logic convinced me:

All-in on the over 11.5
    haha. it makes sense though. I dont like bringing race into it, but black fighters handle cuts better. They have tougher skin or something. It's not racist to say we are different, cause we obviously are very very different. Just speakin from my experience watching fights over the years

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

All-in on the over 11.5

I was hoping somebody would bust out the dancing locks, now I'm sold!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has to be one of the worst threads in this century.

kball15

rag all u want for that one sentence, but you guys are passing up on free money...

... jesus i really hope this hits cause 100% chance this gets bumped if it doesnt

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

rag all u want for that one sentence, but you guys are passing up on free money...

... jesus i really hope this hits cause 100% chance this gets bumped if it doesnt
    Free money for the bookie? Yes. Free money for the gambler? Probably not. There is always a risk. Unless you arb'd this somehow.
    Last edited by sideloaded; 12-15-10 at 12:52 PM.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Free money for the bookie? Yes. Free money for the gambler? Probably not. There is always a risk. Unless you arb'd this somehow.
    well i mean theres gonna be a risk 100% of them for all wagers no matter what.

But this is a safe bet by my estimations. Thought I explained myself pretty well

lasker

rag all u want for that one sentence, but you guys are passing up on free money... ... jesus i really hope this hits cause 100% chance this gets bumped if it doesnt
    i won't bump it unless one fighter loses by doctor stoppage due to a cut

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I think you're trying to help people out but saying that black skin cuts less is not really valuable handicapping information.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Plus don't forget that black boxers have the advantage of instantaneous movement.

lasker

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    Plus don't forget that black boxers have the advantage of instantaneous movement.
    Not only that, they're also better camouflaged if the fight takes place at night, which this one will, making them that much harder to hit. The signs are clear. The universe is practically screaming at us to bet the OVER 11.5

kball15

Not only that, they're also better camouflaged if the fight takes place at night, which this one will, making them that much harder to hit. The signs are clear. The universe is practically screaming at us to bet the OVER 11.5

hahahahahahaha

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

This thread makes absolutely no sense. This bet going to the cards is a lock, but you're talking about black fighters cutting easier.

Well, they're both black fighters sooooo if there's a cut, the odds of ref or doctor stoppages will obviously rise.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yes this is a valid point, they will be very well camouflaged. However, I fear that Hopkins may gas due to his age in the 11th round leading to him opening his mouth for a second, consequently leading to him showing his teeth and thus giving Pascal the perfect chance to land the killer blow leading to a stoppage just before the 11.5!

lasker

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yes this is a valid point, they will be very well camouflaged. However, I fear that Hopkins may gas due to his age in the 11th round leading to him opening his mouth for a second, consequently leading to him showing his teeth and thus giving Pascal the perfect chance to land the killer blow leading to a stoppage just before the 11.5!
    No cause for alarm. I can't reveal my source, but I have it on good authority that in preparation for this fight, Hopkins stopped brushing his teeth over six months in advance. There's a reason "plaque" rhymes with "black," you know...

This means that on top of everything else, Pascal will have to stay at a healthy distance due to Hopkins' bad breath, making an all-out brawl practically impossible. The over is a lock, I tell you

Moreover, after his illustrious boxing career, I believe Hopkins only has three teeth remaining. Really, Vaugh, you've been slacking on your research lately.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    This thread makes absolutely no sense. This bet going to the cards is a lock, but you're talking about black fighters cutting easier.

Well, they're both black fighters sooooo if there's a cut, the odds of ref or doctor stoppages will obviously rise.
    wats so hard to comprehend? Black fighters dont cut as easily, making it even less likely that the fight be stopped from a cut caused by an accidental headbutt... simple stuff folks, whether u agree or not.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I think you're trying to help people out but saying that black skin cuts less is not really valuable handicapping information.
    Its not valuable. Damn it! I just bought Fedor a shit ton of black paint for his fight (whenever that is)

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Its not valuable. Damn it! I just bought Fedor a shit ton of black paint for his fight (whenever that is)
    Well if it's an oil based paint it might help escape triangles.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

speed has always been bhop`s wolfsbane...you stand in the pocket with him,you stand an excellent chance of getting schooled..you use foot and hand speed,and bhop is beatable...

hard man to stop.....very cocky,prideful dude,bhop is.....he`s so good defensively...the pascal via decision prop is even money...which could be hedged with a bhop win wager...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Is there enough black paint in the world for Marcus Davis?!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

You guys are all missing the number one rule when two black guys fight. The darker one always wins because he had a harder life growing up. If you want the real lock choose the darker guy.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

To quote Frank Drebin... "All I know is never bet on the white guy"!

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

anytime i see locks i turn into it head on under 11.5

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

it's boxing so yes a decision is a lock

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Thanks for putting so many dancing locks in this thread! It made it an easier win!

kball15

told ya guys...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

told ya guys...
    ha I dont think people ever doubted that it would most probably go over 11.5 rounds...it was more to do with some of your sweeping statements in your reasoning that lead to the mockery!!

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I told ya too guys and I should have won. Just a poor decision stopped the darker guy from winning.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    I told ya too guys and I should have won. Just a poor decision stopped the darker guy from winning.

kball15

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha I dont think people ever doubted that it would most probably go over 11.5 rounds...it was more to do with some of your sweeping statements in your reasoning that lead to the mockery!!
    Well i was RIGHT about that too. Neither guy got cut... which is the first time thats happened in a Hopkins fight in a long time, and there WERE headbutts.

Say what you guys want, but the fact that these 2 fighters are black definetly has to do with why they cut so rarely. Thats not racist at all to say, its FACT. Proven once again on Saturday night

lasker

And on top of all that, both these fighters are BLACK, and black fighters tend to cut less easily.
    Well i was RIGHT about that too. Neither guy got cut... which is the first time thats happened in a Hopkins fight in a long time, and there WERE headbutts. Say what you guys want, but the fact that these 2 fighters are black definetly has to do with why they cut so rarely. Thats not racist at all to say, its FACT. Proven once again on Saturday night

I take it Hopkins was white prior to this fight? Because his last opponent was also black, so he couldn't have been the one who got cut, as were five of his previous eight opponents before that one.
    Last edited by lasker; 12-20-10 at 06:11 PM.

A's Fan
    A's Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

does anyone know if the hopkins-pascal fight had the option for a draw in the match on pinnacle's wesbite? I am trying to settle a dispute between people who bet following pinnacles rules. It says if draw was not an option bets are returned, but if draw was a option bets on hopkins would be considered a loss. Points awarded for help thanks.

kball15

I take it Hopkins was white prior to this fight? Because his last opponent was also black, so he couldn't have been the one who got cut, as were five of his previous eight opponents before that one.
    Hopkins is the one leading with the top of his head... why would he get cut?

and yea 5 of his 8 previous guys were black so they werent cut badly... correct.

12 Last