Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Takanori Gomi +130 (5dimes)

Might want to jump on this asap, just a great match up for Gomi.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I think Guida's a terrible matchup for him. He's going to get taken down repeatedly and "outcardio'd."

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

I doubt Guida can take Gomi down repeatedly. Gomi's strength is wrestling, he just doesn't use it offensively anymore. Florian and Dos Anjos were both able to stuff Guida and Gomi is a better wrestler than both.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    I doubt Guida can take Gomi down repeatedly. Gomi's strength is wrestling, he just doesn't use it offensively anymore. Florian and Dos Anjos were both able to stuff Guida and Gomi is a better wrestler than both.
    Gomi is going to pick him apart on the feet and use his defensive sprawl. If Guida wades in like the brawler that he is, he is going to get KO'd rather quickly. Florian put him down, you best believe Gomi can too.

Whenever Guida takes a step up in competition he loses.

lasker

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    They stuffed him but still Guida managed to get both Florian and dos Anjos down, Florian in the 1st and dos Anjos in the 2nd and 3rd. I think Gomi will be put on his back as well. In the first round he might get back up quickly or stuff most/all of the shots. But if Guida's not knocked out in the first, I think he takes it in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Cardio is an issue for Gomi, and Guida never tires. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if Gomi succeeds with his sprawl-and-brawl tactics, but I'm definitely backing Guida in this one. Fighters without good cardio tend to crumble under the frenetic pace he sets.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think gomi has this but he;s one of my favorites so i might be biased.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I've got Guida on this as well. I'm predicting he'll clinch Gomi up against the cage, hit his legs with knees then take him down and pin him. An extremely reliable strategy that has done him well.

Gomi is the fan favorite for sure, so I'm waiting for Guida's line to shrink.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I cant envisage Guida finishing Gomi, he would of won a decision against Dos Anjos but for the broken jaw. So will be by usual Guida by dec straddled with Gomi to win; or fight to go to decision and Gomi to win. Will probly do something similar with Dong and Diaz as well as I dont see Dong finishing Diaz.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I highly doubt Gomi will KO Clay. Clay has never been stopped from punches. I know everyone said the Gomi was also the first person to KO Tyson Griffin but it's hard to see anyone KO Guida after seeing him survive that death kick in the first round of his fight vs Diego Sanchez.

I see this as a fairly even match up on paper. For me it's Gomi at + money or nothing.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I highly doubt Gomi will KO Clay. Clay has never been stopped from punches. I know everyone said the Gomi was also the first person to KO Tyson Griffin but it's hard to see anyone KO Guida after seeing him survive that death kick in the first round of his fight vs Diego Sanchez.

I see this as a fairly even match up on paper. For me it's Gomi at + money or nothing.
    Well Florian knocked Clay down before submitting him so I cant rule out Gomi doing something similar (who has more power than KenFlo), although I agree its unlikely and that this is most likely going to go the distance.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

One thing I know is Gomi can throw some wide haymaker punches so Guida better tie that stupid ass hair back.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Just put 3 units on Gomi at +150 at WilliamHill...think +140 is the best available on U.S sites and Pinnacle and even down to +115 on BetUs so couldnt resist. Will straddle this with Guida by decision at +125 or better or fight to go distance at Evens or better.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

exactly, 5050 match imo, but gomi is +

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

This may be Fight of the Night.

You heard it here first.

I always like the energy Clay Guida brings to his fights, but Gomi has serious skills, and may be able to counter any of Guida's offense. Now, will his cardio be up to the task, because Guida is the damn Energizer Bunny?

doubleleg
    doubleleg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Guida looked great in his last fight. I think that line is pretty accurate.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I cant envisage Guida finishing Gomi, he would of won a decision against Dos Anjos but for the broken jaw. So will be by usual Guida by dec straddled with Gomi to win; or fight to go to decision and Gomi to win. Will probly do something similar with Dong and Diaz as well as I dont see Dong finishing Diaz.
    agree, I think kim by decision and Guida by decision are the two best bets on the main card, assuming we can get at least around +170 or better on each of them.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Guida!

Poppa Catfish

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

was a huge gomi admirer in pride...just don`t see this as a good style match-up for him....

don`t really understand white`s matchmaking here....gomi has many holdover fans from pride here in the u.s....and he`s obviously looking to gomi as a bridge to the japanese market....

maybe match him with jeremy stephens,stout or siver....you`re guarenteed a real throwdown and give gomi an excellent chance to climb the ladder while looking good....

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Gomi's fight vs Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fights.

rocky mattioli

Gomi's fight vs Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fights.

totally agree....i have that in my collection...

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    was a huge gomi admirer in pride...just don`t see this as a good style match-up for him....

don`t really understand white`s matchmaking here....gomi has many holdover fans from pride here in the u.s....and he`s obviously looking to gomi as a bridge to the japanese market....

maybe match him with jeremy stephens,stout or siver....you`re guarenteed a real throwdown and give gomi an excellent chance to climb the ladder while looking good....
    They signed Kid Yamamoto

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    They signed Kid Yamamoto
    great news.....didn`t he take a sabbatical for the olympics or something?(maybe i`m thinking of someone else)....

whatever...white is definitely pushing into the japanese market...just my opinion but i wish he`d have matched gomi a little more favorably...

florian,griffin and guida back to back to back is not exactly what one does to get a new hire off on the good foot...get him his sea legs....

if i don`t wager something on guida(which i probably will do...a par or sometthing),i`ll be pulling for gomi....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 12-15-10 at 09:16 AM.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Guidas overrated, Gomi will pick him apart.

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Guidas overrated, Gomi will pick him apart.
    That is why he is the perfect opponent for Gomi. Not only is a gift wrapped match up, but Guida is well loved and respected. Gomi needs a win like this to rise up in the ranks.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

unless guida made gomi an offer he couldn't refuse...

Poppa Catfish

and Dana White will find Edith's head in his bed. I like this story!

lasker

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    and Dana White will find Edith's head in his bed. I like this story!