RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

goddam u mcorkle

how could u do this too me!>?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

u almost had it then got swept!!!

ahh

so frustrating

shuda went with miller

anyone else think hazlette and mcorkle gettin cut?

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Almost had what? He almost survived the round, but he was gassed. Struve was going to win by whatever he wanted, spin a wheel.

I do think both of those guys (Hazlett and McCorkle) will be cut, and maybe possibly Stevenson who isn't even a decent gatekeeper at this point. Hopefully McLovin and Daddy can get a nice run and make it back to the UFC. Love to watch those guys fight, but they taking up roster spots at this point in time.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-12-10 at 03:35 AM.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

normally i`d say they can`t cut struve..that would be absurd...he`s a finisher(winning or losing).......but after harris,who knows?...maybe even howard`s in jeopardy....

and that stevenson k.o.?....didn`t see that coming...wasn`t even much leverage on it...just caught the midget on his g-spot....perfect placement...

but sad...because i still think stevenson is much better than danzig...

RaiderNation MMA

almost had that kimura...well kinda

yea i think joe daddy is gone for sure its like his 4th loss in a row, sane with mclovin, hes specialty is bjj and he got tapped out. i think they will be cut soon

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    almost had that kimura...well kinda

yea i think joe daddy is gone for sure its like his 4th loss in a row, sane with mclovin, hes specialty is bjj and he got tapped out. i think they will be cut soon
    All he did with that submission attempt was gas out, takes a ton of energy to sustain that level of effort. The worst part was he was nowhere near getting that, Technique >>> brute strength, and ** tends to gas out in late rounds in fights anyways. He really should have let it go.

That second part just sucks, but is most likely true

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

true this. Corkie had his advantage getting takedowns and maintaining an aggressive top position with strikes from guard (Just like world of morecraft). He lost top position going for the kimura in the hunt fight because he wants a BJJ match.

Poppa Catfish

Say it time after time after time at the gym. Position over submission, position over submission.

The problem was that it was really clear that Struve was vastly better in BJJ, too bad he didn't at least attempt to try top control + punches. I don't think he would have won, but he would certainly of had a much better shot.

RaiderNation MMA

on twitter just now mcorkle said the ufc gitter bug bite him and he could barely breathe in the first minute, kimura is a strong man move but if that cage were not there i think he would have cranked it out. im jus shocked he couldnt escape from bottom mount, thats like day 1 stuff.

yeah, mclovin was known for being a submission wizard, so when someone pulls an awesome submisson on him it just looks really bad, like he has nothing to offer the ufc anymore. dana said in a post conference interview joe daddy is here to stay cuz he brings it.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think people just overrated him after beating a garbage Mark Hunt...

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

McCorkle had his chances. Looked like he gassed himself while he was on top of Struve. Then when Struve started to GnP, McCorkle didn't seem to try all that much.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

The pressure got to him. I wonder how much of that was self induced by all his trash talking.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Bottom line is Struve is just a better fighter.