Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't get me wrong, I like Strikeforce and UFC cause lets be honest it's MMA

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    So are some people saying that they would pay $60 for a strikeforce card? I'm just trying to compare the two... I definately will watch strikeforce but only if it's free, I'm not sure if I would pay to see it quite yet.
    I dunno why? Strikeforce easily has been putting on better, more exciting shows. UFC has a better all around roster, but, I care about the shows. Let's face it, 7 out of the last 10 ufc events have been unexciting. Dana puts 1 maybe 2 good fights on a card. The rest is just bullshit.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Strikeforce needs to look to the UFC for guidance on the small things.

I was at the weigh in on Friday and that was a joke. Disorganized, terrible setup. The fighter entrance, coming down the ramp solo with all the ridicolous flames and smoke is terrible. And, the commentating is terrible, Gus Johnson??? Does he even watch MMA? He could not even remember Kharitonov's name while he was interviewing him, "give it up for....uh uh uh......... THE RUSSIAN!" F'n Classic. I know Showtime has the decision making power to some extent, but it's terrible.

The fights were great, and I had a great time at the event, but I have had a great time at just about every event I have gone too, IFL, EXC, ROC. Doesnt mean that the product is better than the UFC, or that it cannot improve.

ttrace35

It can improve very much. The thing is, I don't know why people are hating on strikeforce instead of embracing it? Competition is good for the customer. Which is us. Strikeforce makes Dana have to put together better cards because strikeforce shows have been way more entertaining, by far. Dana can't keep giving us one good fight(main event), then filling the rest of the card with a bunch of cans(leben, koshcheck and the rest of tuf).

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

ufc really needs to replace the air horn with a bell or something, I can't believe they still use that lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    ufc really needs to replace the air horn with a bell or something, I can't believe they still use that lol
    Has to be the most anal criticism ever...love it!

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Has to be the most anal criticism ever...love it!

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Strikeforce has come a long way, but they're still so far behind the UFC in terms of presentation & production quality.

ttrace35

Here we go again with this watered down bullshit from Dana. This is a horrible card. These fights aren't worthy to even be a co-main event.
    Not this time Dana. I keep my $55 bucks today.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I said it before Fitch/Penn would be the biggest welterweight match they could put on if there was no GSP.

Stop being cheap and order that PPV, Dana needs the money for a new mattress because of the lack of sleep he is getting because of StrikeForce

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    I said it before Fitch/Penn would be the biggest welterweight match they could put on if there was no GSP.

Stop being cheap and order that PPV, Dana needs the money for a new mattress because of the lack of sleep he is getting because of StrikeForce
    Ill pay him back in a few weeks. I'm going to bones/shogun live. $160 a pop.

ttrace35

Hahahaha. Dana got you fukks again. Ufc has a good show maybe every 3 events. Cant believe you dummys can't see.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

It was mostly a total shitfest but entertaining nonetheless. You got Ebersole who was freakin awesome, Tuscherer's dismembered eye, bisping's illegal knee and spitting on fools, and then top it off with the main event going draw. I lolled after the Ring decision too

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by kiefynugs View Post
    It was mostly a total shitfest but entertaining nonetheless. You got Ebersole who was freakin awesome, Tuscherer's dismembered eye, bisping's illegal knee and spitting on fools, and then top it off with the main event going draw. I lolled after the Ring decision too
    It was ok. I'm just talking shit because this was a horrible card. I hate bisping, but I love gansta shit. Let's get to bones/shogun already.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    It was ok. I'm just talking shit because this was a horrible card. I hate bisping, but I love gansta shit. Let's get to bones/shogun already.
    ha Was Bisping kneeing Rivera when he was down, spittin at his corner and yelling obscenities not gangsta enough for you?! Did Boris enjoy her night out?!

ttrace35

ha Was Bisping kneeing Rivera when he was down, spittin at his corner and yelling obscenities not gangsta enough for you?! Did Boris enjoy her night out?!
    Yes. Bisping might have won me over with his gangsta-ism. Boris got too drunk and passed out. I didn't even get any last night. You would think she could hold her liquor.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yes. Bisping might have won me over with his gangsta-ism. Boris got too drunk and passed out. I didn't even get any last night. You would think she could hold her liquor.
    ha The Count doesn't give a f**K...his gangsta swagger makes Nick Diaz look like Jacob Volkmann in comparison! Tragic about Boris, yeah u'd think so, perhaps u over did it with the rohypnol maybe?!

ttrace35

ha The Count doesn't give a f**K...his gangsta swagger makes Nick Diaz look like Jacob Volkmann in comparison! Tragic about Boris, yeah u'd think so, perhaps u over did it with the rohypnol maybe?!
    Haha. She thought long island iced tea's were like lipton brisk.

ttrace35

Wow. Strikeforce has a great april for us. Nice card with the Diaz/Semtex headline. Plus, don't forget the heavyweight tournament resumes in April with Ubereem being a headliner. You have to admit, strikeforce is stepping their game up. Not too late to jump on the STRIKEFORCE train. All aboard!!!!!

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOOOOAAAHH Diaz/Semtex!!!! headline? SEMTEX WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    WOOOOAAAHH Diaz/Semtex!!!! headline? SEMTEX WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I don't know if your being sarcastic. But it will be a better, more exciting fight than penn/fitch. I promise you this.

ttrace35

Diaz vs Semtex was a great fight. I told you fukks ufc is wack. Now finally, you see for yourselves. Ufc matchmaking is horrible. Would rather watch a strikeforce show anyday. Look at the previous post. Penn/fitch. Gimme a fukkin break. Ufc is going down the toilet.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

hehe are we on this thing again?

strikeforce definately has more finishes but i think thats due to 1 of the fighters always being terrible... lol.

ufc fighters dofight scared though, like hamill agasint ramapge. but can you really blame someone for not wanting to go unconscious? it takes big enough balls imo to get into the ring in the first place.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    hehe are we on this thing again?

strikeforce definately has more finishes but i think thats due to 1 of the fighters always being terrible... lol.

ufc fighters dofight scared though, like hamill agasint ramapge. but can you really blame someone for not wanting to go unconscious? it takes big enough balls imo to get into the ring in the first place.
    I wouldn't call diaz or semtex terrible fighters. I would watch scott "hands of steel" smith vs Kung lee any day over this ufc bullshit. Why step in the ring and fight if your gonna fight scared?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Penn/fitch. Gimme a fukkin break. Ufc is going down the toilet.
    IF you were ever not going to watch a UFC PPV it would be Fitch/Penn and Rampage/Hamill. For someone who complains about evey boring fight, these 2 PPV had boring written all over then yet you still chose to watch then cry about it. Ramapge had finished one of his last 7 fights and Fitch has zero finishes in his last 9

Heres a tip don't watch UFC 131 Dos Santos/Carwin, besides that fight that will probably have a fisnish the rest of the card looks thin. I'll save you you PPV money and another "UFC is shiit " rant

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    IF you were ever not going to watch a UFC PPV it would be Fitch/Penn and Rampage/Hamill. For someone who complains about evey boring fight, these 2 PPV had boring written all over then yet you still chose to watch then cry about it. Ramapge had finished one of his last 7 fights and Fitch has zero finishes in his last 9

Heres a tip don't watch UFC 131 Dos Santos/Carwin, besides that fight that will probably have a fisnish the rest of the card looks thin. I'll save you you PPV money and another "UFC is shiit " rant
    Ok. Thanx for the tip. You forgot about how garbage the toronto ufc was too. Lemme know the next one I should order

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ok. Thanx for the tip. You forgot about how garbage the toronto ufc was too. Lemme know the next one I should order
    GSP Shields was the only "boring" fight, the rest of the card was epic!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Vaughany speaks the truth

ttrace35

Maybe you guys are right on that one. I was wasted that night and only really watched the main event. I can admit wrongness.

ttrace35

The fact still remains. As purcarnegge said. These events were way more exciting a few years ago. Whatever the reason is. Anybody who can't admit to that, is lying or just not paying attention.

First ... 3456