rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

possible boxing play.....

lot of solid guys looking at sydorenko over 9.5 vs nonito donaire at -110 or -120.....

donaire moving up a weight class...excellent fighter,no doubt...but sydorenko is the natural 118 pounder...never been stopped....very clever boxer....

he`s used to fighting taller guys...but theres only roughly a 2" disadvantage here.,,,,

the concerning factors are that this is in cali,not germany or the ukraine...and sydorenko`s 34....

personally,i think donaire is solid...but he really made his bones beating a weight drained vic darchinyan....a very unorthodox,wild swinging,poor defensive fighter...a go for broke guy that leaves himself wide open in his quest to land big shots...

sydorenko is the anti-darchinyan...very quick and fairly solid defensisvely...never been stopped...a boxer with poor power...theres a worry that donaire walks through him...but,nobody else has...his losses have both been close...

but with 22 wins(most vs very high level guys) and only 7 stoppages,sydorenko knows how to go rounds...he`s gone 12 rounds(championship fights) 12 times...

so,there are factors at play here that make the over worth a look for me...

maybe donaire is even better at the higher weight?...he fought at the weight a few times years ago...and more recently, he had a fairly close fight with rafael concepcion that went the distance..and was relatively competitive.....the same concepcion that was stopped by an aging jorge arce...and in 3 by the great(imo) fernando montiel....

wondering whether sydorenko is worth a hail mary at +1000 to +750(depending on your book)....i don`t think he can win here...if it were in germany,i`d be taking the shot....probably a throw away in cali...
    and again, he`s 34...so that is a factor...a real worry...even though there`s no real evidence of slippage...

not posting the upset as a play of any kind...just thinking out loud...not for me...maybe a fin or 10 bucks if i feel like giving the book aa early christmas gift..

just figured i`d throw it out there with some rationale... might be worth a tickle...if donaire is the first to stop a clever little boxer like sydorenko,props to him...and if he does it early,a blowjob may be in order....lol
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 12-04-10 at 03:15 PM.

boxing122
    boxing122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I'm liking the over too. Sidorenko's been in with some good punchers like Agbeko & Poonsawat...and to my knowledge(I didn't see the Agbeko fight) he wasn't hurt in either fight. Unless he gets caught with something big I see this going into the later rounds.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by boxing122 View Post
    I'm liking the over too. Sidorenko's been in with some good punchers like Agbeko & Poonsawat...and to my knowledge(I didn't see the Agbeko fight) he wasn't hurt in either fight. Unless he gets caught with something big I see this going into the later rounds.

g.l....seeing some antillion love out there at +255....soto can be a beast when he wants to....not sure antillion`s style is a good fit vs a tough nut like soto...

but soto runs hot and cold....

this is a fight i wanted to see several yeras ago...not sure either guy is what he was......i remmeber when some wanted to see manny vs soto...

g.l.2 us...

Handjuice
    Handjuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was thinking of putting money on Saul Alvarez to win by decision. N'dou has never been stopped and he has faced big punchers before (cotto,cintron).

rocky mattioli

donaire whacks sydorenko in 4....

just a disaster of a weekend for me...

sorry,guys...

Handjuice
    Handjuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

get em' next time buddy

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Handjuice View Post
    i was thinking of putting money on Saul Alvarez to win by decision. N'dou has never been stopped and he has faced big punchers before (cotto,cintron).
    I took Saul by decision too, going by your logic and the fact that Saul is a bit slow.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

I was considering going over in both fights you guys mentioned, but I kept my money in my pocket for both of them. It's possible that Donaire was draining so much at Super Flyweight that he'll show a lot more power in the future. The large price on the total of the HBO fight scared me away from that bet, but I should have pulled the trigger considering N'dou's iron chin and the fact that the all of Howdy Doody's KOs have come against fighters who were some combination of A) very old, B) total scrubs, and/or C) glorified journeyman with shamelessly puffed up records.