Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    lol....

i misquoted peoples...it was "leg kicks don`t finish fights"....obviously wrong...they actually have finished and decided some high level fights... ...it`s an utterly insane comment coming from an mma judge...and completely ridiculous from someone judging mma fighting at the ufc level....

imo,dana has the power...it`s a question of motivation.....does he want to take on the state commissions when they try and foist obviously inept boxing judges on his promotions?...or does he just take the fans and the fighters for granted?....

obviously it`s the path of least resistance... the latter...

until fans stop making excuses for the carnival barker/piece of dog squeeze running the show,this kind of ineptititude will become endemic in the ufc(to me it seems it already has)...

strikeforce put on one helluva show tonight...bellator has a new cable t.v. deal for next year...heres hoping that these promotions can actually compete with the ufc at some point...

these poor decisions are becoming to commonplace..and the ufc`s judging issues are becoming much like a faulty toilet....the turds keep floating back to the top when the flush doesn`t complete....

at some point,the toilet has to be fixed.....
    It isnt 'UFC judges'. There have been horrible decision in every promotion. I'd almost go out and say that Bellator has had some of the worst decision I have ever seen, worst than the UFC. It has nothing to do with the promotion and everything to do with the commissions. Until they recognize the problem, nothing will be done. Keith Kizer has stated he sees nothing wrong with the judging, criteria, etc. He doesnt even want the judges to have ringside monitors next to them for better visibility. This has nothing at all to do with Dana White. He has called out the commissions and judges NUMEROUS TIMES but he can't force them to do anything that they dont want to. These judges got their way into the sport through boxing, and they obviously havent been trained in how to effectively score MMA. The problem with the commissions is that these judges have been licenced forever and it seems they feel obligated to keep them around. A loyalty of some sorts. But the blame on Dana is getting ridiculous. The guy has put so much money into expanding the sport, legalizing it all over the world, opening up new doors for these other promotions that everyone clamours over, yet he still takes flack for things he has no control over. No one blames Coker or the Bellator GM when judging hits the fan. Im not a huge Dana fan, but the utter bias that some ppl have against him is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    The UFC makes money off bad decisions. They do so much for expanding the sport and making it more money, but when they need to invest something to get better judging they don't. It's all a bunch of lies Dana White and Joe Rogan say all day. The UFC has the money and if they want change in the judging they can get it done. Why don't they? They make more money off bad decisions, especially when they say the decision was bad. Controversy makes them money and gets more people into the sport. The more money they make, the more money Dana White can spend on his ongoing love affair with Tito Ortiz.
    Yeah the UFC makes money off bad decisions. They wanted Phan to lose. They wanted a guy who would be huge for them in the next massive market they are attacking (Asia) to lose a fraudulent decision to a relative unknown to casual fans. They wanted a guy to lose that they just spent the last couple months promoting on their reality show. They want their sport which is in its relative infancy to look like a joke in front of the main stream media who are just starting to pay attention to it. They want to look bad in front of the new sponsers that are starting to line up for them. If you honestly think controversy in the sense of a horrible decision on an lower-tier fight gets more ppl into the sport, I dont even know what to say. And yes, Dana is behind all of it, cowering away the tons of money he makes from bad decisions to siphon it over to Tito Ortiz. lol.............

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    It isnt 'UFC judges'. There have been horrible decision in every promotion. I'd almost go out and say that Bellator has had some of the worst decision I have ever seen, worst than the UFC. It has nothing to do with the promotion and everything to do with the commissions. Until they recognize the problem, nothing will be done. Keith Kizer has stated he sees nothing wrong with the judging, criteria, etc. He doesnt even want the judges to have ringside monitors next to them for better visibility. This has nothing at all to do with Dana White. He has called out the commissions and judges NUMEROUS TIMES but he can't force them to do anything that they dont want to. These judges got their way into the sport through boxing, and they obviously havent been trained in how to effectively score MMA. The problem with the commissions is that these judges have been licenced forever and it seems they feel obligated to keep them around. A loyalty of some sorts. But the blame on Dana is getting ridiculous. The guy has put so much money into expanding the sport, legalizing it all over the world, opening up new doors for these other promotions that everyone clamours over, yet he still takes flack for things he has no control over. No one blames Coker or the Bellator GM when judging hits the fan. Im not a huge Dana fan, but the utter bias that some ppl have against him is laughable.

Yeah the UFC makes money off bad decisions. They wanted Phan to lose. They wanted a guy who would be huge for them in the next massive market they are attacking (Asia) to lose a fraudulent decision to a relative unknown to casual fans. They wanted a guy to lose that they just spent the last couple months promoting on their reality show. They want their sport which is in its relative infancy to look like a joke in front of the main stream media who are just starting to pay attention to it. They want to look bad in front of the new sponsers that are starting to line up for them. If you honestly think controversy in the sense of a horrible decision on an lower-tier fight gets more ppl into the sport, I dont even know what to say. And yes, Dana is behind all of it, cowering away the tons of money he makes from bad decisions to siphon it over to Tito Ortiz. lol.............
    What? What are you talking about? I never said they wanted Phan to lose and I never even once implied it. How does this make the UFC look bad to any media? Dana White is going to go up to the stand and say "Oh no, what just happened". He's going to say that it's a disaster and blame the judges while making it clear that he has nothing to do with judging. After he does this you and every other Dana White fan are going to jump on his nuts and buy more PPV's. Also it's probably pretty dam obvious that if Nam is going to be a money maker he will show him "mercy" and by "mercy" I mean make money off of him by "giving him a second chance". I'm sure the Asian community will respect the UFC more for allowing a TUF fighter with a loss instantly back for another chance. If he had just won, he would just be another fighter that just happens be asian.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Wow, I didnt get a chance to watch this fight yet. But it looks like this thread has some interesting commentary. I would just like to point out that Ecco and some others called this to a tee! And, it saved them some money I presume (or maybe won them some).

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Yep, way past ridiculous.

I agree with terp, great call Ecco.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    well,then why is cecil peoples judging fights not only in vegas,but outside vegas(see shalorus/varner in canada)......this guy shouldn`t be watching,much less judging....

this is the same cecil peoples that said"i don`t count kicks"....

it`s white and the fetitta`s product.....if you don`t think they have say in what goes down,i don`t know what else to tell you....
    Yet more proof of Cecil People's incompetence...not only is he a shit judge but also a shit ref!...

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Damn, completey out of position while the guy is getting beat unconcious. Unexplainable how he is involved in these fights. Does anyone know how you become a judge/referee? I am going to look into this.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I love how he just sits there with his big fat leg all over the barely concious fighter! Dude probly thought he was about to get armbarred!

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Wow! It looked like he was half day dreaming while he was walking around the back of them.

First 123