kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

KHAN-MAIDANA... over/under 9.5 rounds?

Think the OVER is a fanastic bet right now.

Odds are dead even at -115 for both the over and under.

I think Kahn is a LOCK to win. Maidana's power is overrated and there's little chance he connects with a serious punch on Khans chin.

Not to mention, Kahns Chin has become vastly underrated since the Prescott debacle. He is a professionally conditioned fighter, and can therefore take a professional punch.

Khan on the otherhand, will probably struggle to really damage Maidana, who is pretty tough.

Ortiz knocked him down a bunch and hurt him, and while that had a LOT to do with Ortiz's speed, Ortiz also packs a huge punch.

Khan is all speed and very little power. I think this fight is just like the Kotelnik-Khan fight where Maidana will just come forward and get peppered, and khan will move away before Maidana can land a shot.

Khan will fight very smart and cautious here. He is an intelligent fight, as we saw in the Malignaggi fight.

Khan by UD is like the Lock of all Locks IMO. And the over at -115 is also a sure thing IMO.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

interested to see how khan handles fighting a legit guy that can actually hurt him on neutral turf......prior to maidana`s lackluster effort at home vs demarcus corley,he wanted no part of maidana...

i`m thinking that maidana`s gutty and sometimes dominating efforts vs cayo/ortiz and kotelnik(he beat kotelnick hands down) are more indicative of the guy`s talent and heart.....rather than his struggle vs a crafty lefty journeyman in a tune up fight...

these odds are heading towards +3-1.........i can`t possibly not take a decent whack at maidana in a 12 round fight at +300 ON A NEUTRAL SITE...i don`t see anything on khan`s record that warrants this kind of spread...

he has a big rep...but other than beating kotelnik at home,and a toothless malignaggi on the road(perfect matchmaking..neither guy can break an egg),khan`s done little to warrant these odds

just have to take maidana here...maidana will be dangerous for as long as this goes...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 11-30-10 at 08:50 AM.

boxing122
    boxing122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I actually like the opposite...Maidana and the under. I think Maidana at those odds is worth a stab. Although I like the under I'm staying away from the over/under in this fight...cause Khan could outbox him but with his chin ya never know.

kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know guys. I really think Maidana is a severely limited, kind of one dimensional fighter, while Khan is a truly elite talent in the making. He's with roach now and seems to have become a much more patient fighter. I just don't think he's gonna make the same stupid mistakes anymore.

Maidana is also MUCH smaller then Prescott

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Those odds are pretty good for Maidana, i think khan wins but for some reason i feel like he's overrated.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

anyone remember exactly when all the money came in on Khan?..... doesn't seem like too long ago when he was just a -190 favorite.

Maidana wins in round 7-12 at +640 looks to have value, I think Khan takes a 12 round decision here but +258 isn't enough to bite. I'll probably just end up with a small play on the under 9.5 at -120