terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I was hoping that Lawler can in at Evens or + given that Lindland seems to be overvalued the last few years.

Can Lindland take Lawler down????

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

The best play is Lawler

Lindland hasn't looked good in years...the last time maybe was his victory over Carlos Newton back in IFL.

He's too old, too slow and has limited tools.

It depends which Robbie Lawler shows up.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I agree, Lindland is overrated. I think Lawler's a really great bet at these odds. Lawler's not the most consistent, it's true, but Lindland can't finish him and I think in 15 minutes Lawler must be able to connect with that big shot once. In the beginning of the fight Lawler will be too explosive, and if it lasts longer Lindland's cardio is also a question.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I'm also liking Lawler and a first round stoppage is definitely possible. Lindland is finished.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Lawler looks like a great bet.

Is Hendo completely shot as well? Babalu at +195 is very tempting.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Lawler looks like a great bet.

Is Hendo completely shot as well? Babalu at +195 is very tempting.
    I sure hope not. I had heard he had a back issue before the Shields fight , and there was an MMAjunkie story on it this week that said it complicated his weight cut.

Poppa Catfish

Never seen him so awful, but then again there was the weight cut that he won't have to endure this time around. Probably best to not waste money on Sobral.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Just got Hendo at +275 on Paddy power!!

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I really want Babalu to win this, but I think Henderson will take it...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Just got Hendo at +275 on Paddy power!!
    Scratch that...just had an email from them saying it was a "blatant error" and will be voiding it! First time theyve ever done tht

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

I smell upsets in strike-force.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i`m seeing some scott smith love...and i`m just not seeing it(unless the VC and training issues are a factor)...edit...VC ISSUES

EDIT AGAIN...V.I.S.A. issues...damn,wtf?

smith is a pedestrian fighter....if you took into account the actual scoring of all his fights(and disregard hail mary finishes),he loses practically every fight(recently..in the large organizations vs live opponents) ....practically every round...

he`s not a very good fighter...he`s there for entertainment value...people enjoy seeing him get maimed with the potential of lucking out late with a big shot...leanard garcia is very similar....

they`re dana white`s kind of fighters...glorified "toughman" contestants...

these two are also most likely to create problems for mma`s future...why?...because imo,they are the guys most likely to become seriously injured in the ring at some point...there was a time when mma had trouble getting sanctioned because of it`s brutality...one ring death and the critics will come out of the closet en masse...

but back to the fight,smith is the bigger man here...but he`s cutting to 170....

i guess he could outlast daley..but daley`s never been k.o.`ed(short of a one-time thumb injury stoppage)....and that weight cut at over 30 probably won`t help his conditioning...

he`s not nearly as technical or quick as daley...and he fights daley`s fight......a perfect storm...

will he be able to take a ridiculous pummeling and somehow outlast daley?...

i guess it`s possible...but he`ll take some god-awful punishment doing so....

my personal opinion is that daley hits harder and is just plain tougher and better than guys like radach and pete sell...particlarly vs a guy that will do exactly what daley wants him to do...thers a reason why guys avoid standing with daley like the ebola virus...

if you check daley`s resume,most accomplished wrestler/grappler/jiu jits guys have an excellent chance of beating him...and some do ...that`s not smith`s thing,though...

but who knows?...maybe he`s the first to out-strike daley...be a real feather in his cap...

personally,i`m using daley in a par or two..i think the odds might drop a bit...

i just hope smith doesn`t get killed..
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 12-02-10 at 10:49 AM.

rocky mattioli

WHY DOES THE WORD "V.I.S.A." COME OUT "VC" ON THIS BOARD?....VERY WEIRD...

Poppa Catfish

Scott has pretty good technique though, I don't see why you would call him a "toughman". He isn't windmilling punches like Bob Sapp. He also is one of the nicest guys in the game, not really getting why all the disrespect here.

I think its safe to say Team Roughhouse has slightly overrated stand up, we all have the impression that standing up with these guys is insta-death. We just saw a technically sound great chinned fighter knock out one, why can't we see it happen again?

Scott is a very live dog in this fight, he has a ton of heart an iron jaw and hits as hard as anybody in his division. Just ask somebody who holds the pads for Scott, they will tell you. Scott has made his name from winning fights he had no business winning.

+300 is just way off
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 12-02-10 at 05:44 PM.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Scott has pretty good technique though, I don't see why you would call him a "toughman". He isn't windmilling punches like Bob Sapp. He also is one of the nicest guys in the game, not really getting why all the disrespect here.

I think its safe to say Team Roughhouse has slightly overrated stand up, we all have the impression that standing up with these guys is insta-death. We just saw a technically sound great chinned fighter knock out one, why can't we see it happen again?

Scott is a very live dog in this fight, he has a ton of heart an iron jaw and hits as hard as anybody in his division. Just ask somebody who holds the pads for Scott, they will tell you. Scott has made his name from winning fights he had no business winning.

+300 is just way off

sorry...didn`t intend outright disrespect....just not all that enamored of smith...

i went back at sherdog and honestly couldn`t find a round that smith won in the last 6 fights or so that he didn`t come from nowhere to knock his opponent out....

he`s very durable...takes alot of beatings...and all credit due,has an amazing heart...

just don`t think he`s involved in a favorable match-up here...particularly considering he`s over 30 and this is his first fight at 170...that could really hamper his ability to sustain and fight through punishment...

he might get daley early...ala terry martin....it`s possible,i guess.......

i`m sure he`s a nice guy...that fact just doesn`t enter my thinking when handicapping these fights....

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

laying close to -400 on Daily would be bold, I would suggest re-watching how awful he looked in his recent fight against Masivadal.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    laying close to -400 on Daily would be bold, I would suggest re-watching how awful he looked in his recent fight against Masivadal.

i wouldn`t lay -400 on the sun coming up tomorrow....strictly a parlay addition...

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Scott Smith looks like he has brain damage now, and Daley has the power to do some serious damage

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Paul Daley is a sharper, more accurate striker.

I see him getting the first round stoppage rather easily.

The only way Scott Smith wins this is by a wild, lucky punch.

The bet is Paul Daley by stoppage. Bank it.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

No wager yet, but unless Daley lets his guard down ala Manhoef vs Smith, he should finish the fight. Only thing keeping me off the line at this moment is, as Ill pointed out, Daley looked shite against Masvidal; now whether that was due to underestimating him, I can't say.

But I'd expect Daley to come in prepared for his stateside SF debut, if he has any plans on a road to redemption.

I too think Smith does seem like one of the coolest cats in the game. And he is surely tough as nails; I was happy as hell when he beat Cung in their first meeting. I just don't think his game plans are very well tailored some times...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    No wager yet, but unless Daley lets his guard down ala Manhoef vs Smith, he should finish the fight. Only thing keeping me off the line at this moment is, as Ill pointed out, Daley looked shite against Masvidal; now whether that was due to underestimating him, I can't say.

But I'd expect Daley to come in prepared for his stateside SF debut, if he has any plans on a road to redemption.

I too think Smith does seem like one of the coolest cats in the game. And he is surely tough as nails; I was happy as hell when he beat Cung in their first meeting. I just don't think his game plans are very well tailored some times...
    Manhoef vs Smith? Do you mean Lawler vs Manhoef?

I think if you had to make a play the value is now with Smith now at +300 or better. Team Rough-House are on a terrible run at the moment and this is not just because of lack of wrestling ability which most people attribute to UK fighter's losing. It's more to do with attitude and complacency, fighters like Hardy (against Condit) and Pearson (against Cole Miller) keeping the hands down and thinking that they have much better striking then they actually have. Yes, Daley is more technical, and has speed and power, but if he doesn't use footwork or head movement and doesn't keep his hands up he will get caught by Smith. Needless to say I'm staying away from this one!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Manhoef vs Smith? Do you mean Lawler vs Manhoef?

I think if you had to make a play the value is now with Smith now at +300 or better. Team Rough-House are on a terrible run at the moment and this is not just because of lack of wrestling ability which most people attribute to UK fighter's losing. It's more to do with attitude and complacency, fighters like Hardy (against Condit) and Pearson (against Cole Miller) keeping the hands down and thinking that they have much better striking then they actually have. Yes, Daley is more technical, and has speed and power, but if he doesn't use footwork or head movement and doesn't keep his hands up he will get caught by Smith. Needless to say I'm staying away from this one!
    Ah yes, the utter shock of that bad beat with Manhoef has apparently repressed the memory to the point of me mistaking his opponent...

But yeah, this line is a no-play for me at this point.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Ah yes, the utter shock of that bad beat with Manhoef has apparently repressed the memory to the point of me mistaking his opponent...

But yeah, this line is a no-play for me at this point.
    ha For a moment there I thought Smith might of KO'd him in K1 or sumin and tht I must of missed it!

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

going with hendo,st. preux and lindland

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rumors out there saying Bobalu is coming into the fight with some type of knee injury. Anyone know if this is true?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Rumors out there saying Bobalu is coming into the fight with some type of knee injury. Anyone know if this is true?
    Is this what u are referring to?... (taken from mmaweekly.com forum)...

"Hey guys, just wanted to give you an inside tip regarding Babalu vs Hendo betting....

I know all fighters go into a fight with at least some sort of injury, but I know that Babalu is definitely fighting a serious knee injury. I do physical therapy in HB,CA and during my session this week, out of nowhere came Babalu walking thru the door. He seemed to be limping and had over 2hrs of therapy done on his knee. When talking to the physicians, they said he has had some major problems since he was recetly leg kicked by Mayhem during a recent training session at Kings MMA. Take it for what it is, but i know that hendo probably has an advantage against a healthy babalu, and especially against a Babalu fighting on 1 bad leg. imo, Babalu wont have much of a ground game with a bad knee, and this will turn into a kickboxing fight where i see Babalu getting KO'd. Good luck to those who bet, and i was gonna make a thread about this, but ill just leave it in here for those who plan on betting."

Ther have been a lot of blogs and videos following Babalu during his training camp which I dont think he'd do if he was carrying an injury. From watching all of them he doesnt seem to be injured, I watched one wer he was sparring pretty hard with Mark Munoz and seemed fine so dunno. He has withdrawn from fights before due to knee problems so maybe he is just battling through the pain
    Last edited by Vaughany; 12-04-10 at 10:32 AM.

Shonner
    Shonner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Henderson is gonna smoke this chump

Shonner
    Shonner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

less than 2 mins

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

please. babalu just had zero chance coming into this one.

Not saying either of the two happened, but you tell me which makes more sense

"Jake Shields leaves, we need another all american wrestler as our champ"
    "After losing the face of our company in Shields, and the Fedor loss, we need to have a star with major disciplinary/fitness issues."
    Last edited by spargament; 12-04-10 at 10:55 PM. Reason: changed what to which, it read weird

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

dan henderson was much better today.scott smith was killed by daley..

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6160

Last edited by JuicedUp; 12-04-10 at 11:21 PM.

forevergrindin
    forevergrindin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

good work guys, picked lawler and st preux!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Great night of fights for StrikeForce, they finally caught some breaks on the card tonight. All those KO's the exact opposite of the Nashville card where they had 3 title fight go the full five rounds.

First 12