terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Karo Parisyan -135 v. Dennis Hallman

I don't think Hallman is going to be able to take Karo down. I think Karo is stronger and will do more work in the clinch and land throws as the fight progresses. If Hallman cannot gain top control, I don't see how he wins fight.

This is predicated on Karo not breaking down mentally and having an anxiety attack on way to cage. But, he is on meds and looks like he had a good camp.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Not sure on this one Terp, I thought he looked a little chubby at the weigh-ins! I think if he was in top condition and without the ring-rust he'd beat Hallman but I cant bet against an in-form Hallman when there is a chance that Parisyan may gas late in the fight.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

He looked chubby even by Karo standards.

Hoping he does judo proud with at least one monster throw

........ before he gasses out

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Not sure on this one Terp, I thought he looked a little chubby at the weigh-ins! I think if he was in top condition and without the ring-rust he'd beat Hallman but I cant bet against an in-form Hallman when there is a chance that Parisyan may gas late in the fight.

I wil admit, I am taking a bit of a risk here. Considering his mental state, you really dont know what to make of his training and his claims of his fitness level. But, even with a back injury, anxiety problem, and being dopped up on meds, he was still able to throw Kim, and arguably (i actually thought he lost) win the fight.

If he is in considerably better condition here, even if not completely back to his old form, I think he can get the better of Hallman atleast 60% of the time. While the opener was a little high, I think the more acurate line would be -175 to -190.

BOL to you Vaughany

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I wil admit, I am taking a bit of a risk here. Considering his mental state, you really dont know what to make of his training and his claims of his fitness level. But, even with a back injury, anxiety problem, and being dopped up on meds, he was still able to throw Kim, and arguably (i actually thought he lost) win the fight.

If he is in considerably better condition here, even if not completely back to his old form, I think he can get the better of Hallman atleast 60% of the time. While the opener was a little high, I think the more acurate line would be -175 to -190.

BOL to you Vaughany
    Karo vs GSP was one of the first fights I ever saw and helped create the MMA obsessive that I am today! So with that in mind I do find it hard to bet against him, and is why I've only put a small 0.5 units on Hallman! As you rightly point out, it not possible to gauge what frame of mind and fitness level he is at coming in to this fight. Good luck to u 2 bro

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

This is a no-play for me because of the uncertainty of Parisyan's mental state and his training camp. He doesn't have the best training partners and it's been a while since he was last in the UFC. Hallman is no joke, but if Parisyan shows up in form and prepared I think the matchup favors him stylistically.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i was thinking of karo being that the odds dipped so drastically...but when i heard that recent interview where he said he believes that "intelligent, singing, psychic dolphins are living among us, disguised as ordinary human beings"...

well,that was a bridge too far....

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think for those that started back before or around TUF 1, we are living too much in the past, yes Karo was great back then when he fought Diaz, Sanchez, and GSP, but times have changed a lot and I don't think he's got what it takes anymore. Granted Hallman is a career journeyman I still like him a lot better in this fight, especially after seeing Karo's gut at the weigh in's, even though he was never the chiseled type. It's like in fantasy sports when last year this sleeper or fan favorite won you the league, this year you draft him as if he's gonna save your ass again even though he came off injury, arrest, and looks out of shape.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

No play for me...

Karo's Anxiety issues make him highly unpredictable. For all we know he might not come out and call off the fight.

rocky mattioli

hallman whacked him....several guys on here had hallman...vaughany and ecco i believe...

congrats,guys...

terpkeg

Round 1 - Good to see Parisyan back in the cage. He looks focused, as does Hallman, After a touch of gloves from the vets, we're underway. Parisyan shoots, but Hallman stuffs it out. The fighters trade punches, and Parisyan moves in with more while looking for the takedown. He pins Hallman against the cage, gets a body lock, but can't get the takedown. Hallman looks for a guillotine, but Parisyan simply stands taller to break free and he continues to pin his opponent against the fence. With no improvement, the ref wants a restart. Parisyan moves in again with punches and lands a hook, but Hallman clips and drops him with a right hand that connects to the side of the head. He quickly pounces and rains down a few hammerfists, and the bout quickly is waved off. Dennis Hallman def. Karo Parisyan via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 1:47

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Now that's a fuckin bet, kids. Oh yeeeaw.

rocky mattioli

most figured this was going rounds...and it may end up being the early k.o. of the night.....

ain`t mma a hoot?....