Betpoints: 6172

Gets stranger every time I watch it.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

This gives some sort of explanation:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/2...nars-ufc-title

Brock Lesnar must feel like Al Pachino in the Godfather, Part 3: "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
    After getting crushed by Cain Velasquez and losing his UFC heavyweight title, he was "confronted", on camera by WWE star The Undertaker in what appears to be a work.
    I'll let the Pro Wrestling experts from Cage Side Seats explain the angle:
    Ariel Helwani should have known that something was up whentop WWE star and member of Vince McMahon's inner circle The Undertaker agreed to be interviewed by him at UFC 121 for AOL Fanhouse. Especially after the last WWE veteran to do such a cardinal sin, Jim Ross, ended up in Vince's doghouse. So it should have come as little surprise to Ariel when The Undertaker made sure to catch Brock Lesnar's eye as he left the cage, made a feeble attempt to goad him into a fight, which Brock ignored, and claimed that they have personal issues. Alarm bells should have been ringing in Ariel's head that maybe The Undertaker, under instructions from his present employer Vince McMahon, was trying to publicly goad Lesnar into doing a WrestleMania match with him next year, just like John Cena did in 2009 with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
    ...Dana White won't be too happy about all this when he finds out about it. Personally I don't think anything will come out of this and Brock will just use WWE's interest in him as negotiating leverage to get a better PPV cut from Dana, given the millions and millions of dollars that would be left on the table if he jumped ship now and didn't have his rubber match with Frank Mir, which he should comfortably win to set up another big money rematch with Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez. Returning to WWE can wait until the money dries up in UFC.
    Brock was not a happy camper during his four year WWE tenure and quit six years ago, enduring a legal battle with Vince McMahon to escape his contractual obligations. He can't be amused at his old carnie colleagues trying to suck him back in and steal his limelight, especially on the heels of a devastating real-life beat down.
    But it's a reminder that you can never really escape your past and in Lesnar's case that means the WWE. He'll forever be known as the man who was the champion of fake wrestling and went on to become the "Baddest Man on the Planet" for real, if only for a brief time, by taking and holding the UFC heavyweight title.
    It's also an unpleasant reminder for Dana White and the UFC that it's impossible to completely distance MMA from professional wrestling in the minds of fans. There are just too many connections. The UFC has based its business model completely on Vince McMahon's WWE and has built much of its fanbase from former WWE fans -- both those who first discovered The Ultimate Fighter during its post-WWE time slot in 2005 and the second wave who came to the UFC to see how Brock Lesnar would do.
    Well now they know. Brock won some and lost some and he's clearly no longer "the Baddest Man on the Planet." The question will be who will capture the fan interest that Lesnar created. Vince and the Undertaker would love to steal back some of those fans even if they don't realistically expect to get Lesnar back for WrestleMania, they've succeeded in inserting themselves into the post-fight discussion.
    For Dana White and new champ Cain Velasquez, it's an open question as to how many of the fans that came with Lesnar from the WWE will stick around to see Cain defend his title. You certainly can't fault Velasquez' performance. Millions of casual fans have now seen him utterly dominate Brock Lesnar in dramatic fashion. Will that be enough to make them want to see him fight again against Junior Dos Santos whose name ID is even lower than Cains? Time will tell.
    UPDATE: As an indicator of how well Undertaker played his role, here's MMA writer Kaleb Kelchner's response:
    Forget that these two were professional wrestlers together, when Undertaker leans over and dryly states, "You wanna do it?" I'm seeing something real. Like, Undertaker comes home late and sees Lesnar riding bareback on Mrs. Undertaker kinda real. I highly doubt that was a question regarding a return to professional wrestling, because that hardly seemed like a friendly invitation. Regardless, there's surely an interesting story there that we may never know about. Lesnar looked so out of it here, I was reminded of UFC 100, when he approached Frank Mir after bloodying his face, and gave him a piece of his mind. Lesnar looked just as bewildered as Mir then.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I just have a hard time seeing this as a work Lesnar was involved in, because he had a really bad falling out with Vince. In fact, he seems to despise pro wrestling.

There are politics backstage in wrestling, and The Undertaker is one guy who never loses. Most people who have "personal issues" with him, get fired. I wouldn't be surprised if they really do have some beef. Notice Lesnar had no plans of even approaching him.

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

no way in hell lesnar would show up to WWE again, that would be epic if it did though. im still waiting for him to bust out the F5 during a UFC match, that would be the highlight in UFC history if he pulled that off!

ppsvsv
    ppsvsv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atleast Lesnar could take The Undertaker on... Or could he?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

There was a rumor that Lesnar was coming back for one last fight at the next wrestlemania against undertaker. Which makes sense because before this fight he had told Dana he was going to take a good bit of time off. Obviously, he'd be a huge draw in wwe so i'm sure he was offered a large sum of money by Vince Mcmahon.
    All of that, plus the fact that there is no way the Undertaker is dumb enough to step to a UFC heavyweight champ and a man who would literally break the Undertaker over his knee without even trying, leads me to conclude that there was some planned altercation to build hype for the Wrestlemania fight, and brock basically backed out of it. Undertaker was asking him if he still wanted to do the altercation, that's where the "you wanna do it" came from.
    I'm sure Brock assumed he would win, so he didn't think it would be a problem doing the little altercation afterwards. But after he got his ass kicked, he realized it was a bad idea.

Tree Rollins

The Undertaker doesn't seem ignorant enough to challenge the guy to a fight right after he just got his ass-kicked like that. That would be a bitch move. And he doesn't seem dumb enough to actually want to fight Brock Lesnar. It was planned and Brock backed out. It seems obvious to me.
    There are probably less then 10 people in this world who could kick Brock Lesnar's ass, and the Undertaker ain't one of 'em.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Tree, that makes sense, I hope we get more info on whats going on here

Eccocide

Dana has already said that Brock is under contract with them and it specifies that he can't do any pro-wrestling, boxing, etc. Nothing outside of the UFC....

There was no work. At least not from Brocks perspective. Prolly just the WWE trying to steal some spotlight.

The "you wanna do it" is most likely Caloway bringing up the fact that he told Brock that MMA was something totally different and he didnt know what he was getting himself into. Caloway was the one who pushed Brock over in the WWE and when Brock bailed, Caloway prolly goaded him with "you sure you wanna do it"...leave and go to the UFC. Brock got his ass kicked and Undertaker was just reminding him of his decision.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Dana has already said that Brock is under contract with them and it specifies that he can't do any pro-wrestling, boxing, etc. Nothing outside of the UFC.... There was no work. At least not from Brocks perspective. Prolly just the WWE trying to steal some spotlight. The "you wanna do it" is most likely Caloway bringing up the fact that he told Brock that MMA was something totally different and he didnt know what he was getting himself into. Caloway was the one who pushed Brock over in the WWE and when Brock bailed, Caloway prolly goaded him with "you sure you wanna do it"...leave and go to the UFC. Brock got his ass kicked and Undertaker was just reminding him of his decision.
    That is a pretty random guess at what "you wanna do it" means. It doesn't come off like that at all.

Eccocide

It may be random but it fits to me. Especially more than Brock going behind Dana's back when he is under contract with the UFC to set up a wrestlemania match with the Undertaker when he went through a massive lawsuit to get out of his WWE contract.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dana is making a "big announcement" on Thursday apparently...

Eccocide

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dana is making a "big announcement" on Thursday apparently...
    TV deal or WEC fighters in the UFC. It won't have anything to do with Brock.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    TV deal or WEC fighters in the UFC. It won't have anything to do with Brock.
    ha yeah it will be TV deal

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ugh. Keep this carnie garbage out of the sport. Dana is so quick to ban people and sponsors, so how about we not let pro-wrestlers sit cageside anymore?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

anyone can buy a seat. Lets face it they flash the wrestlers faces on the big screen, might be an upgrade from David Spade

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dana will advertise anything as long as it makes him money. Wrestlers or actors or anyone that's famous being a fan of the UFC can bring Dana more money. Brock leaving the UFC will lose Dana money so he will do everything in his power to avoid it from happening.