brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7712

Wow cain!!!!!

UNREAL FIGHT!!!!!

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT??

I nearly went all in on Lesnar at -133 but I had problems depositing.

My heart was racing despite not having any money on it.

Congrats Cain backers!

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Quote Originally Posted by brumbies View Post
    WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT??

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

It's not like Cain was a heavy dog...the books knew

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i was completely wrong about this fight. cain is going to be tough to stop. good stand up with power and great wrestler. plus the guy has cardio.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I'm saying the same thing.

I did consider Cain a live dog; but after Brock survived that Carwin rally, there was no chance I was putting money against him. Luckily I passed on betting this one.

Too bad there won't be an immediate rematch, though.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I was going to go all in on Velasquez but my phone wouldn't let me log in...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

JDS is screwed

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Brings the belt back to AKA

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    JDS is screwed
    IDK about that; Jr. has solid takedown defense and much better striking if he can keep distance and work angles Cain will get his first loss.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by knownone View Post
    IDK about that; Jr. has solid takedown defense and much better striking if he can keep distance and work angles Cain will get his first loss.
    Velasquez should beat Dos Santos, I don't think Dos Santos necessarily has better striking, Velasquez has better leg kicks and speed. Also have wrestling advantage and Dos Santos is not gonna submit Cain off his back.

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Velasquez should beat Dos Santos, I don't think Dos Santos necessarily has better striking, Velasquez has better leg kicks and speed. Also have wrestling advantage and Dos Santos is not gonna submit Cain off his back.
    Technically speaking Dos Santos is the far superior striker; I don't see any significant speed advantage.

I do agree though with the wrestling advantage; if Cain is gonna win this he's gonna have to take JDS down which I don't think anyone has done yet.

BobbyXxX
    BobbyXxX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

should of seen it coming and saved sum of my bankroll lost on Brock

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Technically speaking Dos Santos is the far superior striker; I don't see any significant speed advantage.

I do agree though with the wrestling advantage; if Cain is gonna win this he's gonna have to take JDS down which I don't think anyone has done yet.
    Yep Dos Santos has better technical boxing, but he rarely uses leg kicks unlike Cain who has vicious technical leg kicks and wont hesitate to use them as he wont be worried about Dos Santos taking him down. Dos Santos has great hand speed and power but doesnt have equally great head movement or even footwork, I think Cain can tag him a few times as well although obviously should look to mix it up with leg kicks and take downs mostly.

dooman14
    dooman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

had no money but had betpoints on cain glad he won if brock wants to get better he needs to work striking he just found out he can't bully everyone congrats cain and on a side note.....dos santos has a punchers chance but i totally agree with the leg and body kicks may take the sting outta his strikes

GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch the JDS fight with Joaquim Ferreira, he gets taken down pretty easily and subbed. And Joaquim isn't even a strong wrestler like Cain. 2 years of JDS training TDD isn't going to offset the lifetime cain has been developing his own wrestling abilities. Cain by TKO/KO again, JDS lasts into the 2nd or 3rd though.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

So glad Cain won...after Carwin nearly did it and then got subbed, I didn't know if Cain had enough power to go with his cardio. Absolutely thrilled he did.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

imagine if the fight was on cinco de mayo

table of mexicans were going ape shit at hooters when cain won

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Last edited by illmatick; 10-25-10 at 01:43 AM.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Brown Pride ain't no joke.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

when has AKA held the belt beofre?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    when has AKA held the belt beofre?
    They havnt! This is gonna give Koscheck even further illusions of grandeur! Cant wait till GSP totally dominates him!

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

cain will beat dosantos,easy fight.tito is now ready for the worlds most dangerous man.its the only way dana can make some of his money back.shields is ready for gsp but dana needs to tell gsp to go easy on him.i would suggest that he fights in slow motion so that the fight is not completely one sided.

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Vrakas, on what planet is Shields ready for GSP? I couldn't believe how bad he still looks in the stand up. Training with Melendez, Nick and Nate Diaz should eventually make your striking better but he doesn't seem as though he has improved one bit. It will be hard for any fighter to top him in the boring fight department. GSP is going to embarrass him when Shields doesn't get one takedown.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Vrakas, on what planet is Shields ready for GSP? I couldn't believe how bad he still looks in the stand up. Training with Melendez, Nick and Nate Diaz should eventually make your striking better but he doesn't seem as though he has improved one bit. It will be hard for any fighter to top him in the boring fight department. GSP is going to embarrass him when Shields doesn't get one takedown.
    Ye I think Fitch would take Shields at the moment nevermind GSP.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

cains a bad ************, cain vs jds is gonna be a bad ass fight

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

yes.I was being funny.the only way gsp will loose is if he breaks both of his arms prior to the fight.shields has no chance.fitch is a million times better and a million times more deserving a title shot.something must be wrong with dana.since he resigned useless tito back with a multi million dollar contract his brain stopped working.After the slow motion non action fight finished. shields could barely stand.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    yes.I was being funny.the only way gsp will loose is if he breaks both of his arms prior to the fight.shields has no chance.fitch is a million times better and a million times more deserving a title shot.something must be wrong with dana.since he resigned useless tito back with a multi million dollar contract his brain stopped working.After the slow motion non action fight finished. shields could barely stand.
    Well Dana doesnt get on with AKA does he due to Koscheck and Fitch not wanting to fight eachother and the whole Undisputed computer game ordeal.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cain out on Bodog at -185 now at -250 whilst Dos Santos has gone from +155 to +190. I think Velasquez odds will improve to about -200 by fight time and Dos Santos at +160.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

really like dos santos as the dog, it wasnt that long ago that kongo had cain on queer street and dos santos has really good striking and good tdd

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Dos Santos at +210 or better would be nice.

not sure we'll see it though.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Last edited by JuicedUp; 10-27-10 at 12:56 AM.