Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

whoa, Carlos Condit is +145???

Yes, I'm the guy who thought KJ NOONS was going to destroy nick diaz again...and I apologize to those I may have offended with my acerbic comments...

that being said, what am I missing here?

dan hardy is very over rated...his most impressive performance was his 5 round loss to gsp...he squeaked past gono...he won a disputed fight against marcus davis...he beat unimpressively swick...

Condit's resume is far more impressive.

the last time he lost a fight convincingly was almost 5 years ago. (his loss to kampmann was a coin toss)

condit is well rounded and the only way I see him losing is if he decides to trade with Hardy, and hardy isn't the greatest striker he has been portrayed to be.

so again...what am I missing here?

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

hardy is bigger and hard to submit.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Hardy's striking technique is sounder and he hits harder than Condit, regardless of whether or not his power is overrated. Condit will not have an easy time taking him down, should he choose that gameplan, because his wrestling isn't good enough. Not many here seem to think Hardy can finish Condit but I actually think he will.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

if jake couldnt put condit out it is very unlikely hardy will

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

GSP couldn't even finish Hardy; probably explains why Hardy is such a favourite over Condit.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    if jake couldnt put condit out it is very unlikely hardy will
    Yeah, I agree, Ellenberger has more power than Hardy so it seems highly illogical to me to think that Hardy could KO Condit!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Condit likes to keep fights standing and Hardy should be able to out strike him no problem. Condit is also a slow starter and may lose the first two rounds. A close decision will probably favor Hardy since the fight is in the UK. Also Hardy won't be that easy to takedown since Condit's wrestling isn't that great. I agree with Lasker and think Hardy could potentially finish this fight. If Condit comes in with a good game plan he can pull off a close win, but Condit's current style can be countered by Hardy.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah, I agree, Ellenberger has more power than Hardy so it seems highly illogical to me to think that Hardy could KO Condit!
    If that's the case then let's not discount the fact this is in the UK and that by default gives Hardy a one round advantage on the cards before the fight starts.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco01 View Post
    If that's the case then let's not discount the fact this is in the UK and that by default gives Hardy a one round advantage on the cards before the fight starts.

Yee have to wait and see, hopefully the judges are American and give Condit the decision...will mean more money for me!

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

There are two key assets hardy has going for him in this fight.

First is home field advantage, this may sway the judges.

Second, his strength and size may be the deciding factor in this.

I don't see Condit controlling Hardy on the ground because of this.

That being said, Condit is a good fighter and has many tools. i'm making a small wager due to the odds.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think this fight goes to dec regardless.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by jin2daj View Post
    i think this fight goes to dec regardless.
    Hope so!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Yea the odds reflect that Hardy as a home town fav who went 5 rounds in his last fight with GSP. Condit was getting lit up by Rory MacDonald before he pulled that one out late, and Hardy is known for having tight boxing.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Condits a tough dude, and has a good shot to pull off the upset. If he goes for takedowns he could win a close decision.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

its hard for the judges not to be swayed when 20,000 people are making it seem like every punch hardy throws is a homerun. its the psych aspect--the judges are weak minded and half retarded as we have seen in the past

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    its hard for the judges not to be swayed when 20,000 people are making it seem like every punch hardy throws is a homerun. its the psych aspect--the judges are weak minded and half retarded as we have seen in the past
    Bisping and Condit had a fun little exchange during the press conference when Condit (quite rightly, IMO) was saying this. Well, Bisping should know a thing or two about being gifted a decision in London, shouldn't he? I guess it's a touchy subject for him.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Between the size advantage and the fact that Condit is a slow-starter, I would expect Hardy to push the fight early and bully Carlos. Think it'll be a competitive fight for the most part though.