Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Diaz is -210 on 5Dimes and Noons is +165 FYI

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

As much as I wanna see Noons get tooled, I'd lean his way given the current odds (+165). Diaz's takedowns are for sh*t no? And that pitter patter punching in bunching style ain't gonna fly against Noons. I seem to recall Noons having pretty solid TDD / balance...

On the other side of the coin, Noons has looked pedestrian in some of his recent bouts (reference: match with Connor Heun).

Diaz is no doubt the more complete mma fighter here, but stylistically, can he dictate the bout to take advantage of the areas where he is clearly superior to Noons???

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    As much as I wanna see Noons get tooled, I'd lean his way given the current odds (+165). Diaz's takedowns are for sh*t no? And that pitter patter punching in bunching style ain't gonna fly against Noons. I seem to recall Noons having pretty solid TDD / balance...

On the other side of the coin, Noons has looked pedestrian in some of his recent bouts (reference: match with Connor Heun).

Diaz is no doubt the more complete mma fighter here, but stylistically, can he dictate the bout to take advantage of the areas where he is clearly superior to Noons???
    Agree with this completely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Ha! Did I call it or did I call it...Noons is the slight underdog...

thank you Nick Diaz Nut huggers who have fed the hype train and have inflated Nick Diaz's stock.

ha ha ha ha...

Easy money....

and here is the funny thing, people seemed to have completely forgotten the first fight ever happened or believe it was a "fluke."

And you gotta love the arguments in support of nick Diaz winning this "any way he wants."

"he's the better striker"....................bull$hit

"he throws too many punches".................so what

"he has unorthodox punching"..............or in other words he's sloppy and doesn't know the concept of a jab

"he will sub him on the ground"................yeah, let's see him take him down first...how did it play out in the first fight?

thanks again Nick Diaz fans.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

The Diaz bros go out for a bite to eat.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

does anyone have a opinion on the kaufman coenen fight?...... im considering laying a fair bit on kaufman.... anyone want to convince me not to?....

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Yea Noons line is on the move up to +165 on 5Dimes, +188 on Pinnacle

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post
    thank god for hype and gullible fight fans who think "attitude" equals fight talent. This should inflate the odds a little in favor of Nick Diaz.

Hopefully he'll come in around -200 and Kj noons will be +145 or somewhere in that region. I will be cashing in on KJ Noons and all the Diaz followers will be scratching their heads, wondering what the hell happened.

Many MMA fighters delude themselves into thinking they are world class strikers and they choose to stand with notably better strikers and wake up on the canvas.

Diaz will follow the same fate.

I still have to laugh at the notion of, "Diaz is awesome striker!!
    With what? those loopy punches and those shoe shining strikes?

And other funny notion is, "Oh my God!!! nick diaz threw 200 strikes in that round alone!!!"

Who the fu*k cares? that means he isn't very accurate and his shots aren't very effective.

Examine his fight stance...he leaves himself wide open all the time. KJ Noons with this boxing background will expose this rather quickly and effectively.

But again, I would just like to thank all of you Nick Diaz fans who think, "Nick Diaz is hard core and gangsta" and believe he will prevail because of this.

personally,i think all the fanboy hate is what shades folks` perception of diaz...i just look at him as a fighter...whether or not he`s "personable" falls somewhere on the importance scale between "is pluto a planet" and "paper or plastic" for me....... i could care less whether or not he`s a prince among men......

seems some haven`t seen diaz control fights with his hands...his reach...is he technically perfect?...no...is he effective in an mma setting?...absolutely...

i think diaz took noons lightly the first time around...he`s bigger...longer...more well rounded....nastier..a lefty......

i`m sure that loss sticks in diaz` craw....and i feature him as a vindictive mofo...

noons fought life and death vs conor heun and got zapped by crazy horse bennett...subbed by buddy clinton...anybody think any of those fighters lasts more than a round or so vs diaz?....

noons doesn`t have the advantage of surprise(and a cocky,dismissive diaz) this time around...that`s what won him the first fight....

the one thing that concerns me is diaz propensity to cut...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 10-05-10 at 08:56 AM.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    does anyone have a opinion on the kaufman coenen fight?...... im considering laying a fair bit on kaufman.... anyone want to convince me not to?....

depends on the odds...kaufman`s strength seems to be her....well,strength...

i`m considering taking a whack at coenen if the odds are favorable...she`s a big girl.....naturally bigger than kaufman,it would seem...

her only k.o. losses to santos(in the 3rd round) and erin toughill(a professional boxer listed at 5`10" and 155)....

kaufman has been impressive,though...just wondering what happens if she can`t bully coenen...she`s been throwing the smaller women around with impunity...

if the odds are long enough,i might take a stab at coenen...

ismax
    ismax's Avatar Become A Pro!

diaz wins

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    Noons is no joke man. He has pro boxing experience and knows how to throw a good punch.I really like noons chances to pull of the upset
    noons has a punchers chance, but diaz should win this fight

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    noons fought life and death vs conor heun and got zapped by crazy horse bennett...subbed by buddy clinton...anybody think any of those fighters lasts more than a round or so vs diaz?....
    Diaz split decisioned Mike Aina and Kuniyoshi Hironaka and was TKOd by Jeremy Jackson.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

The odds are posted on Pinnacle and Bookmaker.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Diaz split decisioned Mike Aina and Kuniyoshi Hironaka and was TKOd by Jeremy Jackson.

diaz is defeintely a head case...as this video indicates...he looks past guys...thinks he can throw his jock in the ring and win vs guys he`s never heard of...he heard that noons got dummied by crazy horse....

http://www.lowkick.com/Strikeforce/N...m-Miller-10189

he was 19 years old when he lost to jackson and hironaka....
    sure,he can be beaten....speed gives him trouble...and noons has speed....but i don`t like noons` vs diaz in a long fight after diaz has already seen (and lost to him) once....

maybe noons can tko diaz...but i`ll have to see it to believe it...

short getting cut up,i think diaz guts it out...gomi made him look bad for a while...aina did also...but, diaz guts tough fights out...and i believe this is a 5`er...

just my opinion...

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

playa420

Quote Originally Posted by ismax View Post
    noons has a punchers chance, but diaz should win this fight
    He has alot more than a punchers chance.Diaz likes to stand and bang, and he doesnt have the greatest wrestling.If noons can keep the fight standing he can land some good blows and get a ko or maybe even cut him again. Both guys are good and this fight is 50/50.

playa420

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

what books have the scalp available on noons/diaz?

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i found it... thanks.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noons looks like the play.

Superman_Punch
    Superman_Punch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

100 pts Nick wins

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Suprised to see Woodley at -250 to -275 after the Coy fight. Anyone know his training leading up to that fight and this one?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

At 3:10 in that video is that a scar under Nicks right eyebrow, or just a fold in his skin?

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Kaufman at -290 seems like a solid bet to me, maybe throw that in with Noons for a little better payout? Also, I like "JZ" against Thompson. More than likely I'll play the o/u prop in that fight, can't see anything other than a decision.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

going with kj small and kaufman big..... call me a homer because were both candian but i think kaufman will control the fight and either win by dec. or a late knockout....making my biggest play in a while on her.... hopefully i wont lose it all like i did on fedor.....

zeroprogress2
    zeroprogress2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noons seems to be +EV here because of the great odds in his favor. I have him and kaufman in a parlay. +300 if you put them together.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Love Noons at those odds.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

diaz has this fight .

Bankable
    Bankable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

lol, telling people Noons +165 is a good price is ridiculous. Its easy to tell who here actually follows the sport. The ones with the loudest mouths know the least.
    Points Awarded:

GoldenYAK gave Bankable 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Ive never seen this guy fight (Noons)

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Here's the first Diaz/Noons fight.

GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noons was really only picking Diaz apart after the cut was affecting his vision. Diaz also got a takedown after being kneed in the head. So maybe diaz takedowns aren't enough for a top notch wrestler, but they are obviously enough for noons.

Boddhissatva

Quote Originally Posted by Bankable View Post
    lol, telling people Noons +165 is a good price is ridiculous. Its easy to tell who here actually follows the sport. The ones with the loudest mouths know the least.
    LOL...we'll just have to see won't we?

I love MMA fanboys like yourself...you watch a few youtube highlights and you think you are an expert.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Bankable View Post
    So how have you cap'd the Galvao vs Woodley fight oh wise sage???

Please enlighten us since you "follow the sport" so thoroughly.

Boddhissatva

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    So how have you cap'd the Galvao vs Woodley fight oh wise sage???

Please enlighten us since you "follow the sport" so thoroughly.
    The Douche only has 8 posts...he opened a new account because he didn't have the balls to show who he really was.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I think diaz will take this one, he's looked great since he last fought KJ and its unlikely Nick will shoot straight into knees like he did last time.

First 123 Last