thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kurt Angle fighting Randy Couture

It's around the internet. Based on what I've read it's going to be more of a mat style match as Angle said he's def not in MMA shape.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdiatchi View Post
    It's around the internet. Based on what I've read it's going to be more of a mat style match as Angle said he's def not in MMA shape.
    It wouldn't matter if he was in shape or not, beat down. I don't care how great of a wrestler he was, he has no business stepping in the ring with a pro MMAer.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    It wouldn't matter if he was in shape or not, beat down. I don't care how great of a wrestler he was, he has no business stepping in the ring with a pro MMAer.
    I agree. Angle is probably soft from doing pro wrestling. His technique on the mat can't be as crisp as when he was in his prime. Couture has been doing real work on the mat this whole time.

Still, it's probably good for the sport. Plus, it levels the playing field as much as possible with a guy that's clearly overmatched against Couture. This makes more sense to me than what Lesnar is trying to do.

JJOdin
    JJOdin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angle would get absolutely annihilated in MMA. Given the fact that Couture has been training the whole time, the same would likley occur in straight wrestling

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

This wont happen

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdiatchi View Post

angle was talking trash to chuck lidell about how he could beat him easily, i would love for angle to come into the ufc....

bobby lashley another wwe guy is currently training mma

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    well the stories i heard when Lesner was in the WWE is that him and Angle did shoots once in a while and Angle won every time. Everyone loves to talk how Lesner is this animal and for some reason they make him sound like the best wrestler in the world when all he was, was a big time college wrestler. Angle at one time was the best wrestler in the world. The cream of the crop.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    well the stories i heard when Lesner was in the WWE is that him and Angle did shoots once in a while and Angle won every time. Everyone loves to talk how Lesner is this animal and for some reason they make him sound like the best wrestler in the world when all he was, was a big time college wrestler. Angle at one time was the best wrestler in the world. The cream of the crop.
    Good point. Angle sees Lesnar in the cage and has to be thinking to himself that he's at least twice the fighter.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that if anyone can do it Angle would be the guy. The only kick on him is that he's old now and he's been out of the real competition for a while. I would say that Couture wins here regardless but if it's just a mat wrestling match I do see the match going past the first round.