rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

the article that tipped me to osipczak

http://www.ufc.com/news/Nick-Osipczak-Born-to-Thrill

said all the right things....mentally,the guy was aware of what he needed to do...it all made sense....but after all the rationalization...after saying all the right things and allegedly being prepared for what soto eventually did...it was meaningless...much like kelly vs volkmann(had the right side here) and winner vs lentz...

the lesson would be,believe your own eyes...and what objective observers offer...there was a suspision that the brit got the benefit of some quicker than usuual stand-ups at home vs riddle.......that should have gotten my attention..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    http://www.ufc.com/news/Nick-Osipczak-Born-to-Thrill

said all the right things....mentally,the guy was aware of what he needed to do...it all made sense....but after all the rationalization...after saying all the right things and allegedly being prepared for what soto eventually did...it was meaningless...much like kelly vs volkmann(had the right side here) and winner vs lentz...

the lesson would be,believe your own eyes...and what objective observers offer...there was a suspision that the brit got the benefit of some quicker than usuual stand-ups at home vs riddle.......that should have gotten my attention..

Im still 50/50 on the whole 'home advantage' theory! But when I go to UFC120 in October, I will definitely be making a couple of prop bets in favour of the English fighters - Bisping by decision, maybe Hardy by decision, and Hathaway by decision. I kind of think it is naive to believe that both refs and judges arent slightly swayed by the home crowd support, by the atmosphere and energy etc... There most be some psychological/social theory on it?!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Im still 50/50 on the whole 'home advantage' theory! But when I go to UFC120 in October, I will definitely be making a couple of prop bets in favour of the English fighters - Bisping by decision, maybe Hardy by decision, and Hathaway by decision. I kind of think it is naive to believe that both refs and judges arent slightly swayed by the home crowd support, by the atmosphere and energy etc... There most be some psychological/social theory on it?!

totally agree...have to admit,i like bisping and hathaway at first blush....but i lean to condit at +145....hardy`s ufc foes(swick/marcus davis and markham) were tailor-made...gono was a decent win(may be on the downside)...and the losses to baron and pat healy get my attention...

may change my mind...condit won`t be totally out of his element on the feet and has a significant advantage on the ground...

but i understand where you`re coming from...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 08-30-10 at 07:42 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    totally agree...have to admit,i like bisping and hathaway at first blush....but i lean to condit at +145....hardy`s ufc foes(swick/marcus davis and markham) were tailor-made...gono was a decent win(may be on the downside)...and the losses to baron and pat healy get my attention...

may change my mind...condit won`t be totally out of his element on the feet and has a significant advantage on the ground...

but i understand where you`re coming from...
    I agree, Condit could definitely win this...he managed to take Ellenberger to split-decision, and I think that Ellenberger would beat Hardy through his wrestling if they fought. I can't see Condit submitting or TKO'ing Hardy tho, so only way he could win is by decision IMO. Will probly jus put money on the fight going to decision rather than Hardy specifically as long as it's better than Evens.