playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strikeforce:Houston

Strikeforce is back with a stacked card Saturday Night.Im betting on King Mo -400 and Jacare if I can get him at -200 or less.

• Champ Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (for light heavyweight title)
    • Tim Kennedy vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (for vacant middleweight title)
    • Jorge Gurgel vs. K.J. Noons
    • Chad Griggs vs. Bobby Lashley

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Tim Kennedy is a stud...he might be able to grind out a decision if he can avoid subs

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't see how kennedy could win, maybe upkick anyone have odds for that fight?

playa420

Fresh lines out

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think Kennedy could be worth a small play here...

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    i don't see how kennedy could win, maybe upkick anyone have odds for that fight?

he wont be able to upkick while he is on top

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

tim kennedy for me please..... would have placed a small bet if it was a pick um, but he's +260 that deserves a big bet for me...

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i hope noon gets his a** kicked... but grugel likes to stand and punch (he is a black belt in bjj) and noons has quite a few professional boxing matches.

KCJMAC
    MMA
    KCJMAC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I can't stand Noons for some reason, but I do see him beating Jorge. Would love to see him get KO'd, though.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

is this card on Showtime Saturday night?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

At +260 i'm also on Kennedy. Jacare seemed to gass in the Villasenor fight and this is a 5 rounder. Kennedy could be ale to grind him down, he's a beast.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yee Kennedy is going to have a big cardio advantage, im gonna take him at +250 or better.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Rafael at +375 will be tempting, i need some film of him working off his back...cardio has been an issue in the past

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont relaly see any good plays here. no underdogs seem to really have a big chance of winning.

whats the reasoning behind kennedy?

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

kennedy has a chance of winning because its a 5 round fight and he has good cardio.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by KCJMAC View Post
    I can't stand Noons for some reason, but I do see him beating Jorge. Would love to see him get KO'd, though.
    I'm with you on this one. I can't stand Noons either I just don't know why, but I hate that guy. I always want him to lose, however, I just don't see Gurgel as the guy to do it. Noons at -200 is a solid play. I'd also like to see the odds for Kennedy by decision if you can get in the +500 range thats also worth a play since he'll never finish Souza.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I can't stand Noons either I just don't know why, but I hate that guy. I always want him to lose, however, I just don't see Gurgel as the guy to do it. Noons at -200 is a solid play. I'd also like to see the odds for Kennedy by decision if you can get in the +500 range thats also worth a play since he'll never finish Souza.
    Add me to the list of Noons haters. For all of his "elite striking", the guy bores the sh*t out of me.

{crossing fingers}

If Conor Heun can get Noons in a compromising (near) submission, Gurgel could pose a threat if he can get this to the ground unscathed... How good is Gurgel's chin -- he has never been KO'd/TKO'd...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by snake11eyes View Post
    Yeep Kennedy by decision would be the way!

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I wanna see Lashley fight a bigger name already

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I dislike Noons as much as the next guy, but Jorge "I'm a kickboxer, really" Gurgel tends to have bad gameplans and bad nerves for his bigger fights. There was good value on Noons with the opening line, and I think there's value up to around -300, but I think I'm going to stay away from this one except maybe put it in a couple parlays.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    I dislike Noons as much as the next guy, but Jorge "I'm a kickboxer, really" Gurgel tends to have bad gameplans and bad nerves for his bigger fights. There was good value on Noons with the opening line, and I think there's value up to around -300, but I think I'm going to stay away from this one except maybe put it in a couple parlays.
    Oh I won't be betting on Gurgel... just rooting for him. This will be a no-play for me.

playa420

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Rafael at +375 will be tempting, i need some film of him working off his back...cardio has been an issue in the past
    Feijao only has a punchers chance in this fight.He doesnt have any submission wins, and King Mo trains with good bjj guys like Werdum.King Mos gonna take him down and pound him out, or win a UD.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    Feijao only has a punchers chance in this fight.He doesnt have any submission wins, and King Mo trains with good bjj guys like Werdum.King Mos gonna take him down and pound him out, or win a UD.
    Was gonna post something similar. I'd be careful with this one Ill... Feijao's (over) aggressive and wild striking will probably leave ample opportunities for Mo to score takedowns. If Mousasi (and his pretty decent submission track record) couldn't sub Mo from his back, I just don't see Feijao doing so given that his only sub victory was a sub due to punches.

BOL to you whatever you decide as this fight will be yet another no-play for moi.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    I wanna see Lashley fight a bigger name already
    Yep, with the way he is padding his record you would think he was a boxer.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

king mo will win but lets see if he can finish this fight.i say it goes 5 rounds.

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    Yep, with the way he is padding his record you would think he was a boxer.
    i guess better than getting a title shot right away

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

going with king mo(think he wins in relativly easy fashion),kennedy, gurgel and lashley

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kennedy didn't out-grapple Mayhem. And Jacare has better takedowns than Mayhem. I see what people are saying, but still. Jacare and Kennedy are not one the same level grappling-wise.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree I think Jacare takes this one easy

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

would not be suprised if Jacare slapped on a sub in the 1st round, but still like the value on Kennedy

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    would not be suprised if Jacare slapped on a sub in the 1st round, but still like the value on Kennedy
    Agreee. The value is def with kennedy however, Jacare very well could go for a quick gator roll from a Tim shoot...lol

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Fejaio really doesn't have a chance imo, he's going to get taken down at will. The only shot he's got is if he can make it past round 3 and then swing for the fences. I think King Mo might get a little gassed after all the take downs and would be susceptible to a clean shot, that being said, Fejaio would have to have some energy left to pull that off and that in itself doesn't seem likely.

Mo at -390 though only worth putting in some small parlays imo.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Considering a 5 unit parlay with Mo, Lashley, and Cormier. $109 to win$ 65. Thoughts before I pull the trigger? Seems like a very safe parlay, will make up for the 3 units I lost on Roller on Wednesday.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
    Considering a 5 unit parlay with Mo, Lashley, and Cormier. $109 to win$ 65. Thoughts before I pull the trigger? Seems like a very safe parlay, will make up for the 3 units I lost on Roller on Wednesday.
    Seems as safe as the successful Konrad, Frausto, Grabowski parlay that I did in order to make the majority of units back from what Id lost on Roller! I going to be doing the same I think but may add Noons as well or just do a single bet on Noons, he looks to be in much better shape than his last fight with Heun and hopefully Gurgel will stand with him and get lit up!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cormier is not available on my book so have gone for 0.9 units on KJ Noons, Lashley, and King Mo to win 0.8 units (plus stake).

123 Last