NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I may put 3 units down on Noons as well, this fight probably wont be going to the ground. Noons has decent takedown defense right? As well as Gurgel having weak takedowns, or never attempting to use them.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
    I may put 3 units down on Noons as well, this fight probably wont be going to the ground. Noons has decent takedown defense right? As well as Gurgel having weak takedowns, or never attempting to use them.
    Yee Noons should scool Gurgel. His takedown defence is pretty good from what ive seen in past (Diaz fight particularly) and some betting sites and mma sites that list fighters strengths all have "fast hands, technical boxing, and take down defence" as his strengths! Dont know if uve seen the open workout mash-up but Noons is looking in good shape and confident (with his cheesey "ALL DAY BABY" quote at the end!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd4-bAY8iUU

NickBaragona

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yee Noons should scool Gurgel. His takedown defence is pretty good from what ive seen in past (Diaz fight particularly) and some betting sites and mma sites that list fighters strengths all have "fast hands, technical boxing, and take down defence" as his strengths! Dont know if uve seen the open workout mash-up but Noons is looking in good shape and confident (with his cheesey "ALL DAY BABY" quote at the end!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd4-bAY8iUU
    I agree. I will be placing a 3 unit bet on Noons, but I won't be adding him to my parlay.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

have switched my bet, no longer taking gurgel going with noons....

so king mo (going big) noons,kennedy and small play on noons

NickBaragona

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    have switched my bet, no longer taking gurgel going with noons....

so king mo (going big) noons,kennedy and small play on noons
    What made you change your mind?

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I should have learned my lesson like money others when BJ Penn last lost but I'm very tempted to disregard money management and go big on King Mo at -400 here.

Ewoi
    Ronda Rousey
    Ewoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

My predictions:
    King Mo vs Feijao Calvacante: This is Mo's eight fight in his young career. He is still very green and relies heavily on his wrestling to win fights. Feijao has knockout power in both hands that can end the fight instantly. I think Feijao has value at +323. Watching his past fights, I like what he does in the clinch and his moves to fend off takedowns. Mo, on the other hand, has just rammed through his opponents. His only fight that we can gauge his skills was the Mousasi fight. His boxing looked very good as he tagged Mousasi multiple times. Wrestling wise, looked sharp as well. However, Mousasi didn't seem to bother defending the take down. He pulled guard instead of scrambling and getting his grips to stop the tackle. Feijao's offensive striking is beautiful to look at. He throws with authority in all his punches and his knees . Also, I think his size and strength will be the X factor in this fight. The conditioning and endurance of Feijao, according to Lawal backers, is the biggest factor. Some say that he needs a quick KO in the first two rounds for him to win. However, I think Mo Lawal's conditioning is pretty shady as well. He was gassed in the Mousasi fight. All in all, I think King Mo is not a lock as everyone seems to believe. At +300, I think Feijao can pull of the upset by using his punches and fending off King Mo's take downs in route for a stoppage

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewoi View Post
    My predictions:
    King Mo vs Feijao Calvacante: This is Mo's eight fight in his young career. He is still very green and relies heavily on his wrestling to win fights. Feijao has knockout power in both hands that can end the fight instantly. I think Feijao has value at +323. Watching his past fights, I like what he does in the clinch and his moves to fend off takedowns. Mo, on the other hand, has just rammed through his opponents. His only fight that we can gauge his skills was the Mousasi fight. His boxing looked very good as he tagged Mousasi multiple times. Wrestling wise, looked sharp as well. However, Mousasi didn't seem to bother defending the take down. He pulled guard instead of scrambling and getting his grips to stop the tackle. Feijao's offensive striking is beautiful to look at. He throws with authority in all his punches and his knees . Also, I think his size and strength will be the X factor in this fight. The conditioning and endurance of Feijao, according to Lawal backers, is the biggest factor. Some say that he needs a quick KO in the first two rounds for him to win. However, I think Mo Lawal's conditioning is pretty shady as well. He was gassed in the Mousasi fight. All in all, I think King Mo is not a lock as everyone seems to believe. At +300, I think Feijao can pull of the upset by using his punches and fending off King Mo's take downs in route for a stoppage
    Feijao only has a few more fights and Mo has faced and beaten better competition. Fejao has never faced anyone with the world class wrestilng skill that Mo has.Mos been successful on 33 of his last 37 takedown tries.King mos gonna be able to take feijao down easy and get a stoppage or grind it out. Mo has value up to -500

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    Feijao only has a few more fights and Mo has faced and beaten better competition. Fejao has never faced anyone with the world class wrestilng skill that Mo has.Mos been successful on 33 of his last 37 takedown tries.King mos gonna be able to take feijao down easy and get a stoppage or grind it out. Mo has value up to -500
    I agree. Underestimating Mo's wrestling is a big mistake. I don't see anyone in the Strikeforce LHW or HW being able to stop them consistently.
    Last edited by bogbat; 08-21-10 at 01:24 AM.

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

King Mo is a beast. He has fantastic wrestling and good striking. You aren't taking him down, but if you stand with him, he's very good there as well. And he can grind you down and go 5 rounds if he has to. He's a beast.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Easy picks for me in this one. Parlaying King Mo + Noons
    And going w/ 2u on the dog in Tim Kennedy at +220.

Can't wait!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I agree. Underestimating Mo's wrestling is a big mistake. I don't see anyone in the Strikeforce LHW or HW being able to stop them consistently.
    LHW sure but guys like Fedor and Overeem would be able to handle Mo's takedowns

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post

What made you change your mind?
    just rewatching fights, gurgel likes to get in boxing matches where he is always is disadvantaged and noons has really good takedown defense....

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I guess no books are going to put props for this event.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

wtf that was a totally illegal knee by Noons and the ref didn't call anything. I have him in a parlay, so I'm glad he won, but that was blatantly illegal and warranted a DQ.

Handjuice
    Handjuice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Noons is the shit! I love his style, he really knows how to sprawl well and pick guys apart on their feet. Hope James Toney does the same thing next weekend.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. I thought there was going to be a no contest after the blow at the bell and a dq after the illegal blow that finished it. But...nothing

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

When does Frank Shamrock get those braces off? C'mon bro.

JuicedUp

Wooooowwww.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

omg

JuicedUp

King mo just got knocked silly.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

unfucking real I lost my ass tonight

JuicedUp

Mo could take him down but couldn't keep him there.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me too man. And now i'm betpoints broke too

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

King Mo is Strikeforce for life.... he is limited. He goes straightforward...no counters, no defense, If he doesnt' overwhelm someone he's in trouble.

LearningTree
    LearningTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    Mo could take him down but couldn't keep him there.
    The guy is a fantastic wrestler and he couldn't keep him down for 5 seconds. He couldn't even take him down when he wanted to early in the fight. I don't get it

Ewoi
    Ronda Rousey
    Ewoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

My predictions:
    Sorry for anyone who went big with King Mo. Congrats to all Feijao backers.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

people overrated Mo's win over Gegard, had no business being that high of a favorite.

JuicedUp

Spot on ewoi. Congrats.

bogbat

Sorry for anyone who went big with King Mo. Congrats to all Feijao backers.
    Congrats, thank god I only lost betpoints. I haven't been able to watch the fight but was shocked just reading the play by play.

Collegepays
    Collegepays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone do an anti-Lashley/King Mo parlay?

JuicedUp

Quote Originally Posted by Collegepays View Post
    Anyone do an anti-Lashley/King Mo parlay?
    Crickets.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i can't believe lashley lost. WOW.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Strikeforce can't catch a break. all these upsets in Strikeforce makes it difficult for Strikeforce to build up a superstar.

First 123 Last