shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Does a 2011 mayweather/pacqiauo fight still mean as much?

I think with all of the politics and negotiations between these 2, it has diminished what this super fight could have been. I was totally pumped at the thought of this fight, and now i dont even think i care anymore.

Sure there are other interesting matchups these guys can be in, but they should have cleared this one first.

The sad thing is that both "fighters" were the reason at one point why this fight didnt happen. And im not sure what can be done to create the buzz that it had.

I think underneath it all, we all believed that this would be happening in november. And now that its not, the fans moods are changing.

Anyone agree?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

As long as neither guy suffers a loss between now and fight, it is still ppv gold. Arum is reason fight is not happening, not the fighters.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

By the time these guys actually fight, they probably won't even be top contenders anymore. All the great boxing matches seem to happen about 5-10 years too late these days.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    By the time these guys actually fight, they probably won't even be top contenders anymore. All the great boxing matches seem to happen about 5-10 years too late these days.
    truth!

wake14
    wake14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    true story...

lilnicky
    lilnicky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bottom line, Mayweather will not fight Pac Man because he does not want to have a loss on his record. He keeps coming up with excuse after excuse, money, testing and other bullshit. Floyd is a punk ass bitch and knows he will lose if he steps into the ring with Pound For Pound the Best Fighter in the biz. Pac Man will Knock him out, Floyd should go on Dancing With The Stars, all he can do is dance around the ring and stick his Ugly Face out and Pac Man will eat him alive. I really wish people would just forget about the fight that will never be and enjoy the fights that will be. Pac Man Cotto 2 will be a very good fight and i hope Floyd will be watching it and wishing he would have taken the deal a couple of years ago. Hey Floyd you are nothing more then a has been and a Punk Ass Bitch.....Pound 4 Pound