Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Bad Match Making By UFC

Nogueria is going to rematch Mir at UFC 119. This is BS! I would love to see Mir fight Cro Cop, JDS or even Big Country. I would also love to see Nogueria fight Carwin. Joe Silva and Dana White got it wrong this time. So many great potential heavyweight matches but they choose this one AGAIN.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

Free money. This makes it a good match up for me.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

JDS and big country have a fight coming up, cro cop and carwin just fought recently so those guys are off the table.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    JDS and big country have a fight coming up, cro cop and carwin just fought recently so those guys are off the table.
    I know but I just don't see how this fight is interesting. Nog is coming off the loss to Cain and Mir is coming off the loss to Carwin. Why not put Nog vs Kongo and Mir vs Cro Cop or even Gonzaga. That is a couple of fights we have not seen yet.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    I know but I just don't see how this fight is interesting. Nog is coming off the loss to Cain and Mir is coming off the loss to Carwin. Why not put Nog vs Kongo and Mir vs Cro Cop or even Gonzaga. That is a couple of fights we have not seen yet.
    I agree bro this fight does nothing for me.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

This fight should be a co-main event

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Nogueria is going to rematch Mir at UFC 119. This is BS! I would love to see Mir fight Cro Cop, JDS or even Big Country. I would also love to see Nogueria fight Carwin. Joe Silva and Dana White got it wrong this time. So many great potential heavyweight matches but they choose this one AGAIN.
    Carwin would put Nog to sleep in a second

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

If Nog gets KO'd by Mir again he's done.

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope those staph infection rumors were true in the first fight, I'd hate to see Big Nog get run out of UFC if he gets a third loss

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lets face it even though Nog is 3-2 in the UFC the's looked like shit in all but the Couture fight

Herring/Sylvia/Mir/Couture/Velasquez

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I wouldn't call it free money... but Nog's chin is indeed not what it used to be. He's getting right up there w/ Chuck. Nog has been through so many battles where he depends on his chin so that he can weather the storm to pull off the sub when his opponent makes a mistake. Sadly, it's gonna be hard to weather the storm against Mir. I'll put my $ on Mir up to -200.... but I hope there is more value in him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Makes perfect sense to me! Mir is one of the Promotion's favourite fighters and he has a score to settle with Nog after all the staph excuses. As a result of this they will be able to hype the fight alot more thn if it was Nog vs Kongo and Mir vs Cro-Cop. More to the point its easy money for me! WAR MIR

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

Maybe they want Mir to get up to title contention fast. Mir has many interesting matches and maybe they're just feeding him Nog again so he can climb back up. I would like to see Mir against Country or Dos Santos after this fight. Maybe he'll take the loser and Carwin will take the winner or something. Also depending on how the Lesnar fight goes, if Lesnar does lose maybe he'll fight Mir after Mir's win. This will be an easy fight for the cash cow Lesnar and would shoot him right back up.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    Also depending on how the Lesnar fight goes, if Lesnar does lose maybe he'll fight Mir after Mir's win. This will be an easy fight for the cash cow Lesnar and would shoot him right back up.
    I was just thinking the same thing. We know the UFC loves Brock and wants him to keep that title as long as he can. I'm sure if he loses to Cain, they'll want to set him up w/ just 1 tailor-made fight before a rematch (if he doesn't get an immediate rematch b/c of some ridiculous controversial call). Yup Lesnar/Mir III is just ahead. And watch Brock be like -400 for it this time around.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

There are a lot of other guys i'd rather see Mir fight. Same goes for Nogueira.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

mir vs gonzaga would be a better fight imo

eightballer41
    eightballer41's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I wouldn't call it free money... but Nog's chin is indeed not what it used to be. He's getting right up there w/ Chuck. Nog has been through so many battles where he depends on his chin so that he can weather the storm to pull off the sub when his opponent makes a mistake. Sadly, it's gonna be hard to weather the storm against Mir. I'll put my $ on Mir up to -200.... but I hope there is more value in him.
    Eh....Nog really didn't look like himself the first time out. I'm probably going to stay away from Mir and take Nog on this one. Probably more of a 'heart' bet for me, but I just want to see Nog KO Mir ever since their TUF appearances.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I would not be so quick to count nog out of this one. I don't think he was mentally prepared for the last fight and anytime somebody's back is against the wall they can be extremely dangerous

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Joe Silva knows what he's doing. Everyone said Lil Nog and Brilz was a bad matchup too...

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nog is done and I dont even have fun watching his fights.