36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some 115 maincard afterthoughts

condit/mcdonald
    there are situations where you let the fight go on and there are those when you have to intervene to look out for the fighters health. rory was getting ****ed up on the mat. numerous blows were connecting on point along with elbows that were carving up his face (one that mightve broken his orbital bone) he was getting destroyed for the majority of the third and was poorly defending himself. i guess you might give rory the benefit of the doubt to last with him being up two rounds but at some point you have to go "enough is enough." the stoppage was justified.

rothwell/yvel
    these fighters are more well rounded than a box of donuts

kampmann/thiago
    congrats kamp backers. thiago was simply overmatched and overhyped coming into the fight.

mirko/barry
    what tha **** are you thinking pat barry. this guy has tremendous skill but he needs to get new cornermen and a new camp. im sure the soccermom fans and the affliction wearing douche bags appreciate his "happy go lucky, im glad to even be in the ring with mirko" attitude but that shit has got to go. he rocked crocop early in the first and shouldve finished him.

crocop's mental thoughts to himself in the first round: my opponent has rocked me twice with his overhand right so im gonna keep circling left. congrats crocrop you beat up a bigger retard than you are

liddell/franklin
    what tha **** chuck. all my points are gone and this loss brings me down to 0-3 in the SBR best bet thread
    like the angles he had on striking with adding some leg kicks in here and there. but he over commits and at the end of the day you cant teach taking a punch. liddell is done

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Pat Barry broke his right hand in the first round.

Thiago's not overhyped, he's a very good fighter but Martin Kampmann is the more complete one right now.

If Chuck had stayed to his gameplan he would have won that fight but he went back to the Old Chuck.

36mafia

just cause you broke your right hand it doesnt mean you high five and hug your opponent all night. he has 3 other limbs that can inflict damage

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    just cause you broke your right hand it doesnt mean you high five and hug your opponent all night. he has 3 other limbs that can inflict damage
    Barry was giving up too much already in terms of size and reach, and once he broke his right hand it was pretty much over. I really don't see what a high five has to do with anything.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ya when i found out barry broke his hand, too me at least, it was the clear reason why CC won. If barry's hand doesnt break, CC eats it all night.

36mafia

you wouldnt be concerned about a right leg kick if your opponent is winking, smiling, and high five-ing you all night

brooks85

i thought it was a little excessive, especially the second round, barry should have just came out and attacked him with something, CC was hurt

smarmy
    SBR Lurker
    smarmy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    ya when i found out barry broke his hand, too me at least, it was the clear reason why CC won. If barry's hand doesnt break, CC eats it all night.
    That's dumb. Barry knocked down CC in the first and stood there gawking at him. This kid has alot of potential but he needs to stop being a fan and geeking out while he's in the cage. Be a fan of the guy your facing up until the fight and afterwards if you still want to.

brooks85

can you read?

you are clearly the dumb one

Chairib

you wouldnt be concerned about a right leg kick if your opponent is winking, smiling, and high five-ing you all night
    Cro Cop didn't have worry about kicks for a number of different reasons and it didn't have much to do with winking, smiling, or high fives. I've seen strikers smile, nod, or even give the other guy a high five during a fight. That usually happens right at the start of a round or when one guy has connected and it's a sign of respect. And I've seen a lot worse than that happened between Cro Cop and Barry. Robbie Lawler's fights with Scott Smith and Chris Lytle are two great examples of that. And that respect doesn't mean that these guys aren't trying to knock each other senseless in there either.

Also, Barry's height already put him at a disadvantage in terms of reach. Shorter legs mean he's got to kick higher to land an effective strike. And that means he's got to get closer and his foot literally has to travel further to connect. All of that adds time and that extra time is really enough for a guy like Cro Cop to see an incoming kick and either block or counter it.

Furthermore, Barry's a righty going up against a left handed Cro Cop. With kicks to the body or head, that distance issue is even more of a factor now. And using those low Muay Thai cut kicks to the leg? Not the smartest plan against a lefty with a reach advantage. Trying to do that means you're putting one entire side of your body in range of Cro Cop's strongest weapons his left hand and foot.

That leaves us with Barry's one real weapon here, his right hand. That's how you beat a lefty. Barry's power and speed allowed him to get inside and land a strike that Cro Cop couldn't block. You can't do that with a kick. It's the same hand I believe he used to knock out Hardonk and it's the same right hand he floored Cro Cop with. Once he broke that hand, his offense was done.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I see what you're saying Chair, but that high five-ing and smiling was driving me up a wall as well... Congrats no being on the right side of that play.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I see what you're saying Chair, but that high five-ing and smiling was driving me up a wall as well... Congrats no being on the right side of that play.
    I totally understand why something like that would drive you up the wall, that's a completely reasonable feeling to have when you're watching a fight.

I got lucky on Cro Cop. There's not a doubt in my mind that Barry KO's Cro Cop if he didn't bust his hand. Mirko had no answer for the speed and power of that right.

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    can you read? you are clearly the dumb one
    idk why

this just made me

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Barry was giving up too much already in terms of size and reach, and once he broke his right hand it was pretty much over. I really don't see what a high five has to do with anything.
    im all for respecting your opponent and camaraderie and what not, but the thing is when strikes are landing flushly repeatedly and the other guys first reaction is to smile and high five that shit is beyond stupid. barry's happy go lucky attitude was treading the line of ass kissing and it pretty much welcomed mirko to open up his striking and stalk barry down

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Cro Cop didn't have worry about kicks for a number of different reasons and it didn't have much to do with winking, smiling, or high fives. I've seen strikers smile, nod, or even give the other guy a high five during a fight. That usually happens right at the start of a round or when one guy has connected and it's a sign of respect. And I've seen a lot worse than that happened between Cro Cop and Barry. Robbie Lawler's fights with Scott Smith and Chris Lytle are two great examples of that. And that respect doesn't mean that these guys aren't trying to knock each other senseless in there either.

Also, Barry's height already put him at a disadvantage in terms of reach. Shorter legs mean he's got to kick higher to land an effective strike. And that means he's got to get closer and his foot literally has to travel further to connect. All of that adds time and that extra time is really enough for a guy like Cro Cop to see an incoming kick and either block or counter it.

Furthermore, Barry's a righty going up against a left handed Cro Cop. With kicks to the body or head, that distance issue is even more of a factor now. And using those low Muay Thai cut kicks to the leg? Not the smartest plan against a lefty with a reach advantage. Trying to do that means you're putting one entire side of your body in range of Cro Cop's strongest weapons his left hand and foot.

That leaves us with Barry's one real weapon here, his right hand. That's how you beat a lefty. Barry's power and speed allowed him to get inside and land a strike that Cro Cop couldn't block. You can't do that with a kick. It's the same hand I believe he used to knock out Hardonk and it's the same right hand he floored Cro Cop with. Once he broke that hand, his offense was done.

you took my satire waayy to serious

Chairib

Nah, just trying to have a discussion. I mean, what's the point of even posting if your not trying to have one?

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The hugging and the high-fiving was excessive, but I wasn't too upset that he didn't follow up on the knockdowns. If he had, he may have been subbed in the first instead of the third.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

chuck has lost again ,he should still fight tito because he would win that fight.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    chuck has lost again ,he should still fight tito because he would win that fight.
    If Chuck would have been fighting Tito Saturday night instead of Rich, i think he would have knocked him out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Chuck should defo fight Tito at end of year...he'd destroy him...would be perfect way to bow out.!

36mafia

let him fight and expose couture

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

chuck is definately done though, rich franklin isnt exactly known for knockout power and his KO of chuck had the iceman sprawled on the floor.

PorkyPig
    PorkyPig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Chuck is done, he should retire